DNC delegate count

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was checking out the delegate counts on CNN.

2016 Election Center - Presidential Primaries and Caucuses – 2016 Election Center - CNNPolitics.com

Apparently despite Sanders kicking her butt in both states clinton is winning 431 to 50. Seriously? I know they are counting superdelegates but shouldn't they before adding superdelegates so it portrays an accurate account of how the people are voting?

They more or less tied in Iowa. NH doesn't have many delegates to begin with. Those two states are really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Dem primary.

Besides, the other officials who are the "superdelegates" did announce already who they're voting for, it'd be silly not to count them.

2016 Election Center - Presidential Primaries and Caucuses – 2016 Election Center - CNNPolitics.com

Apparently despite Sanders kicking her butt in both states clinton is winning 431 to 50. Seriously? I know they are counting superdelegates but shouldn't they before adding superdelegates so it portrays an accurate account of how the people are voting?

They more or less tied in Iowa. NH doesn't have many delegates to begin with. Those two states are really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Dem primary.

Besides, the other officials who are the "superdelegates" did announce already who they're voting for, it'd be silly not to count them.
Oh come on. We should let the college kids think we're really gonna let Bernie win. That's what college kids are for. We disillusion them and watch them cry.

I think they should let the people accurately know who is winning the election instead of trying to sway opinions with superdelegates

Just think how happy Hillary is seeing the difference,

and how unhappy she will be as it narrows.

Can anyone tell me, in 50 words or less, what a superdelegate is?

What is a superdelegate

More than 50, but read til you get the idea

They are delegates not tied to the votes. Essentially they go to individuals in the party apparatus who choose to support whomever they want. It's the dems way of stacking the deck.

It should be noted however that Hillary had superdelegate support in 08 as well. They jumped ship as Obama took off

If I were the Sanders people I'd be checking into it big time.

Hillary got her ass handed to her and won the caucus on a flipped coin. Good Lord what a load of horseshit.

Sanders kicked Hillary's ass in NH yet Hillary walked away with more delegates, that's the corrupt Democratic party for you. Super delegates overturning the will of the people.

I think they should let the people accurately know who is winning the election instead of trying to sway opinions with superdelegates
We are talking about democrats here.
Exactly, and I think the superdelegates are actually free to change their minds. But Bernie can only promise them purple Unicorns, while Hillary has her Foundation.

Im not saying this to be ignorant to you.
But when are the American people going to wake the fuck up and realize that our individual votes have not been considered for many years when it comes to presidents. Some times a conspiracy theory can be right.
The only way to fix this is to get rid of the electoral college and go for a straight 1 on 1 vote. Yes, I realize that would have meant that Gore would have destroyed the country for 4 years, but Im willing to take a chance on these things if thats what it takes to bring some level of confidence back to the process.

Sanders kicked Hillary's ass in NH yet Hillary walked away with more delegates, that's the corrupt Democratic party for you. Super delegates overturning the will of the people.
No she didn't. She had these super delegates support PRIOR to New Hampshire,

her butt was kicked in New Hampshire and Bernie got more of New Hampshire pledged delegates.

Super delegates account for 20% of total delegates and can change their mind on who they support, any time they want.

A few States have it in their rules that their Super delegates MUST support who the pledged state delegates select.

Republicans have an equivalent to super delegates as well, I believe?? but not 100% certain???

What is a superdelegate

More than 50, but read til you get the idea
WOW! Who knew. The Democrats are more afraid of the populace than I thought!

If I were the Sanders people I'd be checking into it big time.

Hillary got her ass handed to her and won the caucus on a flipped coin. Good Lord what a load of horseshit.
In a tie situation, what way would you have chosen that would be more fair? Waterboarding a few of the caucus goers?

The superdelegates have not actually voted yet. This gives whoever is ahead at the end a more convincing win.

LOL, can you imagine if Bernie wins most of the popular vote throughout the primaries, yet Hillary still wins thanks to super delegates?

That's democrat rule for you. The elites know best.

Thankfully the Republican Party doesn't do that shit.

Forum List

Back