DNC Chair-That's Dean Tries For News Blackout

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Hmmm, scared of what he might say? Afraid they'll report on it? Weird job for he who is afraid to speak...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050217/ap_on_re_us/dean_media_blackout

PORTLAND, Ore. - Howard Dean (news - web sites), the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee (news - web sites), requested a media blackout of a debate with top Pentagon (news - web sites) adviser Richard Perle, then quickly changed his mind Wednesday after news agencies complained.

"DNC Chair Howard Dean has declared a news blackout of his appearance and requested the media not quote, record, and/or paraphrase his remarks," event coordinator Gabrielle Williams wrote in an e-mail sent to news agencies Wednesday morning. "We apologize for the late notice, but we were just informed of this request."

Less than two hours later, Williams called to say: "We were told just a few minutes ago that it is now open" for media coverage. The decision to open Thursday's debate came roughly 30 minutes after an inquiry by The Associated Press...

onedomino said:
Dean is probably afraid that there will be a tape of Perle shredding him during the debate. Politics aside, Perle is super smart and is equipped with a rapier tongue. Dean is often thick as a brick. For Democrats, the result of this debate will not be pretty.

Oh I agree about Pearl, but that would assume a humility I just don't see Dean possessing. I figure he is more concerned about what he will say before it passes through the grey matter. :teeth:

"Howard Dean (news - web sites), the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee (news - web sites), requested a media blackout of a debate with top Pentagon (news - web sites) adviser Richard Perle, then quickly changed his mind Wednesday after news agencies complained."

I knew he was the perfect choice for the job.

New Topics

Forum List

Back