DNC chair "Supports" US Auto Industry so much she owns a foreign car.

Another doorknob licker that needs to buy a dictionary...

Where are they built?

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT BUILDING ANYTHING, DUMBFUCK!!!!!!!

OWNED does not mean the same as BUILT. Learn to fucking read.

Why would that matter?

Is it un-American to buy a Japanese brand of car built in Tennessee?? Really? I guess that makes it un-American to even work in Tennessee for a Japanese company in the first place.

Where are they built?

Why would that matter?

Is it un-American to buy a Japanese brand of car built in Tennessee?? Really? I guess that makes it un-American to even work in Tennessee for a Japanese company in the first place.

can't take the red herring bullshit, sorry. Troll somewhere else.

well, actually the foreign cars GM and Ford are built in Mexico. Toyota and NIssan are built in America by Americans. and they are much better cars. so I can't fault the Wasserman Schlitz.

I disagree about which is better. Toyota owners just have a more tolerant perception.

Go poll Geo Prism owners and Toyota owners and find out which thinks their car was more reliable.

Why would that matter?

Answer the question.

Is it unAmerican to buy a 'Japanese' car made in Tennessee or not?

Is that too hard a question? The choices are 'yes', 'no', or 'no opinion'.

Pick one.

Nissan North America - U.S. Manufacturing

Nissan has three production plants in the United States - in Smyrna and Decherd, Tennessee, and Canton, Mississippi. Production at Nissan's Smyrna Plant began in June 1983. The vehicle assembly plant has an annual production capacity of 550,000 vehicles and represents a capital investment of $2.5 billion. The plant produces the Nissan Altima, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Xterra, Nissan Frontier and Nissan Pathfinder.

The vehicle assembly plant in Canton, Mississippi, began producing vehicles in May 2003. The $1.4 billion plant now produces the Nissan Altima, Nissan Quest, Nissan Armada, Nissan Titan and Infiniti QX56. The plant has an annual production capacity of 400,000 vehicles.

Nissan's powertrain assembly plant in Decherd, Tennessee, began production in May 1997. Today the plant manufactures all the engines for the complete lineup of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles produced in the U.S.

I have bought about 60 vehicles over the last 20 years & every one of them were made in the USA. Every VIN number starts with a 1, 4 or 5. I purposely avoided buying any vehicle regardless of brand that has the first VIN digit other than 1, 4 & 5. I only buy Ford, Chrysler, GM, Freightliner, Mack & various US made trailers. All of my farm & construction equipment is made in the USA. I did own a couple of Japanese 4 wheelers at one time but I now have all USA ones, Polaris rocks.

I don't like supporting UAW unions, but I hate sending money out of this country killing jobs even more.

Why would that matter?

Answer the question.

Is it unAmerican to buy a 'Japanese' car made in Tennessee or not?

Is that too hard a question? The choices are 'yes', 'no', or 'no opinion'.

Pick one.

According to the unions and their sycophants, it is.

uaw.jpg

I have bought about 60 vehicles over the last 20 years & every one of them were made in the USA. Every VIN number starts with a 1, 4 or 5. I purposely avoided buying any vehicle regardless of brand that has the first VIN digit other than 1, 4 & 5. I only buy Ford, Chrysler, GM, Freightliner, Mack & various US made trailers. All of my farm & construction equipment is made in the USA. I did own a couple of Japanese 4 wheelers at one time but I now have all USA ones, Polaris rocks.

I don't like supporting UAW unions, but I hate sending money out of this country killing jobs even more.
If you buy Chrysler and GM, you're supporting bad management decisions that led to the bailouts, which were nothing more than payoffs to the UAW.

I'll never buy a new vehicle from either manufacturer.

big-three-bailout.jpg

Last edited:

And note she loves to chastise Republicans?

Hypocrisy duly noted...

[SNIP]

The chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) appears to drive a foreign car, despite criticizing Republican presidential candidates for supposedly favoring foreign auto manufacturers.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the chairwoman of the DNC, ripped into Republican presidential contenders who opposed President Obama's 2009 bailouts for General Motors and Chrysler.

"If it were up to the candidates for president on the Republican side, we would be driving foreign cars; they would have let the auto industry in America go down the tubes," she said at a breakfast for reporters organized by The Christian Science Monitor.
[/SNIP]

THE HILL

Btw,the Hopey Changey One is spending more on Government-provided Limos than any other President in our nation's History. The number of Government-provided Limos has jumped to a staggering 73% increase. I'll wait for some Democratic outrage over that one. Should be interesting.

Never gonna happen..

Toyota builds in American and employs Americans. Yay Toyota.

With how much "foreign" car production is actually domestic now, I've always found this to be an odd argument.

Toyota builds in American and employs Americans. Yay Toyota.

You are right. I just looked at some Toyota Tundra VINs & they do start with 5 so they are domestic made in the USA. I have not bought a GM or Chrysler since the bailout because their prices went way up after that. I bought a new 2009 Chevy Equinox pre-bailout & paid in the mid $20K for it. 10 months later it was totaled & when I went back to buy another one after the bailout the price was $10k higher. I told them to piss off & I bought a ford Escape. I think I will now consider Toyota & Nissan. They do have some nice trucks.

Forum List

Back