DNC Chair Denies Unemployment Has Gone Up Under Obama

Your guy crashed the economy right before he handed over the keys.

Obama had to work right from the start knee deep in the cesspool you guys let this country in.

Blaming a guy for your own mess is what you people seem to do best.

"Your guy" crashed the economy??

What a load of horseshit. Both parties crashed the economy you idiot. Your Dems were spending like drunken sailors right alongside the reps. Your Dems voted for the wars and Frank and Dodd assisted in the houseing meltdown with FF. Their oversite sucked.

Plenty of blame to go round idiot. None of the Clowns, either party, in DC are blameless in the mess. Bout time you took your fucking blinders off you moron.

You are one dishonest partisan idiot.

Republicans were in control of the Congress, the biggest reason for the crash was the ovturning of Glass-Steagall and poor oversight by the SEC.

Obama had to work right from the start knee deep in the cesspool you guys let this country in.

show me where in this thread I blamed Obama for anything, dipshit. I said the DNC head LIED about the UE rate not having gone up under Obama. It did. She LIED... something you are an expert at.

Technically, it is true that unemployment is higher today than it was when Obama took office.

However, any non political hackasaurus with a lick of knowledge knows that a)a massive economic meltdown hit four months prior to him taking office, b)that unemployment is a classic lagging economic indicator, and c)that the economy was shedding 700k jobs a month when he was inaugurated.

It's going to be funny if/when the eventual nominee plays that card and Obama lays the smack down on him.

And a massive economic meltdown hit us in 2001 too ;).

And yes its true, unemployement as a percentage of those working is 1-2% higer now than the day Obama was sworn in.......unemployment as a total number of americans who can work but aren't working however is over 6% higher than it was when Obama was sworn in.

We are employing a decreasing proportion of our people.

At the start of the recession, the employment-to-population rate was 62.7%. The rate is now 58.5%. Last month, unemployment fell from 9 per cent to 8.6 per cent. On the surface, this looked great for all of us. In reality, more than half of the fall was accounted for by a decrease in the numbers “actively seeking” work AKA no longer eligible to collect unemployment. The 315,000 who dropped out of the labour market far exceeded the 120,000 new jobs.

According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work today as in 2007, the jobless rate would be 11%. Some have moved from claiming unemployment benefits to disability benefits, and have thus permanently dropped out of the labour force.

show me where in this thread I blamed Obama for anything, dipshit. I said the DNC head LIED about the UE rate not having gone up under Obama. It did. She LIED... something you are an expert at.

She definately had incorrect information at best and intentionally lied at worst.

Technically, it is true that unemployment is higher today than it was when Obama took office.

However, any non political hackasaurus with a lick of knowledge knows that a)a massive economic meltdown hit four months prior to him taking office, b)that unemployment is a classic lagging economic indicator, and c)that the economy was shedding 700k jobs a month when he was inaugurated.

It's going to be funny if/when the eventual nominee plays that card and Obama lays the smack down on him.

And a massive economic meltdown hit us in 2001 too ;).

And yes its true, unemployement as a percentage of those working is 1-2% higer now than the day Obama was sworn in.......unemployment as a total number of americans who can work but aren't working however is over 6% higher than it was when Obama was sworn in.

We are employing a decreasing proportion of our people.

At the start of the recession, the employment-to-population rate was 62.7%. The rate is now 58.5%. Last month, unemployment fell from 9 per cent to 8.6 per cent. On the surface, this looked great for all of us. In reality, more than half of the fall was accounted for by a decrease in the numbers “actively seeking” work AKA no longer eligible to collect unemployment. The 315,000 who dropped out of the labour market far exceeded the 120,000 new jobs.

According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work today as in 2007, the jobless rate would be 11%. Some have moved from claiming unemployment benefits to disability benefits, and have thus permanently dropped out of the labour force.

If 315k people who didn't have jobs "dropped out of the labor market" and 120k new jobs were added what is the net gain/loss of jobs for that month?

translation of most of the libtard comments in this thread...

Obama inherited this mess... blah blah blah...

Even Obama knows he can't run with that ball anymore. He claimed ownership of the economy.

"Now, my administration has a job to do as well, and that job is to get this economy back on its feet," President Obama declared on July 14, 2009 in Warren, Mich. "That's my job, and it's a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, well, this is Obama's economy. That's fine. Give it to me."

Unless of course it still sucks... then it's all 'I inherited this mess...'

pathetic.

Last edited:

Even Obama knows he can't run with that ball anymore. He claimed ownership of the economy.

"Now, my administration has a job to do as well, and that job is to get this economy back on its feet," President Obama declared on July 14, 2009 in Warren, Mich. "That's my job, and it's a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, well, this is Obama's economy. That's fine. Give it to me."

pathetic.

When Obama took office we were losing 700k jobs a month. The private sector just added 200k last month. That's nearly a 1,000,000 jobs a month swing in the right direction since his first month in office.

MW-AO741_payrol_20120106085949_ME.jpg

U.S. gains 200,000 jobs in December - Economic Report - MarketWatch

Hopefully this trend continues.

Well, admittedly, the government sector continued to lose jobs. So there's that.

pathetic.

When you want to use his first day in office as your base point you can bet your ass you will get reminded of what was happening in the economy on that day and why.

This is why this point of attack is going to be a big loser for you guys, especially if the economy continues it's slow uptick through the year.

pathetic.

When Obama took office we were losing 700k jobs a month. The private sector just added 200k last month. That's nearly a 1,000,000 jobs a month swing in the right direction since his first month in office.

Well, admittedly, the government sector continued to lose jobs. So there's that.

According to a piece from CNN Chris posted in another thread...
December jobs report: Hiring up, unemployment rate at 8.5% - Jan. 6, 2012
But the job market still has a long way to go to recover from the financial crisis. About 8.8 million jobs were lost since 2008, and less than a third of those have been gained back.
If we have only gained back 1/3 of the 8.8 million jobs lost, since 2008, that would be a gain of about 2.9 million jobs since that point... NOT 1,000,000 a month as you indicate.

If we HAD gained 1,000,000 jobs a month since Obamas first day in office, we'd have gained 36,000,000 jobs.

Your math is flawed.

pathetic.

According to a piece from CNN Chris posted in another thread...
December jobs report: Hiring up, unemployment rate at 8.5% - Jan. 6, 2012
But the job market still has a long way to go to recover from the financial crisis. About 8.8 million jobs were lost since 2008, and less than a third of those have been gained back.
If we have only gained back 1/3 of the 8.8 million jobs lost, since 2008, that would be a gain of about 2.9 million jobs since that point... NOT 1,000,000 a month as you indicate.

If we HAD gained 1,000,000 jobs a month since Obamas first day in office, we'd have gained 36,000,000 jobs.

Your math is flawed.

What's the difference between -700k and +200k?

If we were losing 700k a month and are now gaining 200k that is a 900k swing in the positive direction.

That's some pretty simple math, yo. I never said we were ADDING 1,000,000 a month. Try dealing with what I actually say.

Last edited:

And any non political hackasaurus would also know that many many more are unemployed under this regime, even if they are not in the books, because they have been unemployed 'too long'... and that the true rate is much higher than the reported rate.... and we the country has lost jobs, period

But also funny how the left wingers did not have the same standard applied when unemployment rose at the beginning of Bush II's term

And any non political hackasaurus would also know that many many more are unemployed under this regime, even if they are not in the books, because they have been unemployed 'too long'... and that the true rate is much higher than the reported rate.... and we the country has lost jobs, period

That's prolly what I said this "Technically, it is true that unemployment is higher today than it was when Obama took office" and then went on to talk about the crisis that the country was in when he took office. Are you going to deny that unemployment is a classic lagging economic indicator and that the country was shedding jobs like crazy the day Obama took office?

But yeah, this is the first time I have ever heard of this "no longer looking" concept :rolleyes:

Someone who didn't have a job in the first place ceasing to seek employment has jack effect on the number of new jobs added to an economy.

Meanwhile....

That's prolly what I said this "Technically, it is true that unemployment is higher today than it was when Obama took office" and then went on to talk about the crisis that the country was in when he took office. Are you going to deny that unemployment is a classic lagging economic indicator and that the country was shedding jobs like crazy the day Obama took office?

But yeah, this is the first time I have ever heard of this "no longer looking" concept :rolleyes:

Someone who didn't have a job in the first place ceasing to seek employment has jack effect on the number of new jobs added to an economy.

Meanwhile....

wrong again.. millions have left the workforce and have given up even looking for a job,, were they to enter the job market again and actively seek employment the numbers would go right back up.. "Stuart Varney"

Smoke and mirrors, twisting numbers to suit their agenda. It happens all the time.

I don't know about anyone else but I have spent my life savings in the last three years trying to keep my business afloat. Keeping people on the payroll so they can feed their families is a huge responsibility. I suppose it would have just been better to shut the doors and put more folks in the unemployment line. I guess I should have just retired and said the H*ll with all of it.

Unemployment has gone up precipitously since he took ice.

This is what the host said.

It is not true.

It went up and then down under Obama not UP Precipitously since he took office.

THE HOST LIED

pathetic.

When you want to use his first day in office as your base point you can bet your ass you will get reminded of what was happening in the economy on that day and why.

This is why this point of attack is going to be a big loser for you guys, especially if the economy continues it's slow uptick through the year.

7.8% in Jan, 2009.... by October, it was 10.1%. Currently 8.5%

Did it go up?
Yes.
Did the DNC lie saying it did not go up? yes.

Smoke and mirrors, twisting numbers to suit their agenda. It happens all the time.

Like trying to use day one of Obama's presidency as a base point without acknowledging the fact that the economy was still in the middle of a free for all that he inherited?

Unemployment has gone up precipitously since he took ice.

This is what the host said.

It is not true.

It went up and then down under Obama not UP Precipitously since he took office.

THE HOST LIED

'You just said the unemployment rate is going up since Obama took office, and it hasn't.'

that is what Wasserman Schultz said.

It is not true.

it DID go up, and is currently higher than when Obama took office.

Wasserman Schultz lied.

The number of folks on unemployment can remain static and the unemployment numbers can rise or fall regardless.

How can tht be?

Easily since the number of "employable" people continues to rise every day.

So jobs can be created, more people can be working than ever and STILL the number of people collecting unemployment can rise or fall.

Forabout the 100th time I'll remind you folks that the rates of unemployed are based on a SURVEY and NOT on the number of people collecting or signing up to collect unemployment.

Forum List

Back