DNC candidate 2016

2016 DNC Pres candidate

• Total voters
Nooooo... it's too early to think about this.

If you want to look at who the candidate in 2016 will be, who gave the best speech at the convention in 2008. (Besides Bill Clinton). Clinton and Obama both elevated their profile by awesome speeches in the 1988 and 2004 conventions, respectively.

If you want to look at who the candidate in 2016 will be, who gave the best speech at the convention in 2008. (Besides Bill Clinton). Clinton and Obama both elevated their profile by awesome speeches in the 1988 and 2004 conventions, respectively.

I did a thread like this when obama got elected.

as well as; If not obama, who?

Allan grayson walked away with it, followed by clinton at a distant 2nd

I think Clinton is the obvious choice but I get the feeling she is burnt out in politics

Dems will select a political unknown like they did with Carter, Clinton and Obama. He or she will run against a GOP political heavyweight (Christie, Rubio,Bush Ryan) and the GOP candidate will drown in the GOP agenda of slashing taxes at all costs, removing healthcare, banning abortions and offending Mexicans and gays

Last edited:
I think Clinton is the obvious choice but I get the feeling she is burnt out in politics

Dems will select a political unknown like they did with Carter, Clinton and Obama. He or she will run against a GOP political heavyweight (Christie, Rubio, Ryan) and the GOP candidate will drown in the GOP agenda of slashing taxes at all costs, removing healthcare, banning abortions and offending Mexicans and gays

any ideas on who?

I put up some guesses, but I'd like to hear some real predictions from all sides.

I voted Obama. I know, I know, the laws don't allow it, but I just can't get enough.

After all, that is what Executive Orders are for.

a ham sandwich could beat the GOP candidate in 2016!!!!

That is being a little generous.

Actually I just relieved myself in the bathroom and the remains got more votes than Romney.

Not to worry though, I hear Karl Rove is going to have Jeb Bush run..........wait for it...............Mwhahahahahahahah!!!

Is Karl Rove:

1. Insane?
2. Stupid?
3. Insanely stupid?
4. A closet Democrat?

Dems will select a political unknown like they did with Carter, Clinton and Obama. He or she will run against a GOP political heavyweight (Christie, Rubio, Ryan) and the GOP candidate will drown in the GOP agenda of slashing taxes at all costs, removing healthcare, banning abortions and offending Mexicans and gays

any ideas on who?

Not really. But I never heard of Carter or Clinton before the Democratic primaries

Curious...not sponsoring it. Grover Cleveland served two non-consecutive terms. Could Bill Clinton assume the Presidency again? I don't have the amendment in front of me so I was hoping someone with accurate immediate knowledge could tell us.

a ham sandwich could beat the GOP candidate in 2016!!!!

Honestly, looking at history, the GOP Candidate has a better chance than the dem one.

People are reluctant to fire incumbants, but they have no problem firing the party when the incumbant can't run again.

Let's look at how that's played out since the 22nd Amendment was passed.

Truman bowed out after two terms.

Ike served two terms.

LBJ finshed JFK's term and had one of his own.

Nixon won two terms, resigned, Ford was voted out.

Carter served one term

Reagan served two terms and Bush-41 was his third term. This was really the only exception.

Clinton had two.

Bush had two

Obama has two.

Part of this is that after 8 years of a president, the air is sucked out of the rest of the room for his party, while the oppossition is hungry.

Now, I do think that the GOP has a lot of problems to fix, but 2016 is hardly out of reach for them. Four years is a lifetime in politics.

Four years ago, I was a staunch Republican.

Curious...not sponsoring it. Grover Cleveland served two non-consecutive terms. Could Bill Clinton assume the Presidency again? I don't have the amendment in front of me so I was hoping someone with accurate immediate knowledge could tell us.

Clinton can't

Carter and Daddy Bush could

No. The 22nd Amendment prohibits him, Bush-43 or Obama from having a third term.

Carter or Bush-41 could run again, but they couldn't run for re-election.

Cleveland served two non-consequitive terms (the only president who did), but that was because he had actuallly won the popular vote in 1888, but lost the electoral college. So he was a natural choice to run when everyone figured out Benjamin Harrison was a knob.

I"m voting Mubarak. I'm tired of elections. After all, nothing ever changes except for the worse so what is the use?

Forum List

Back