DNA Saves An Innocent Man. Aren't You Ashamed?

why?

Why are you oppossed to the death penalty as oppossed to the flawed system that put them there. I would say your emotion is misdirected. To me the fix is pretty easy. Assuming under current law a felons actions make him eligible for the death penalty, they should only be put to death if we know they did it.

1. I dunno.... I guess my religious beliefs
2. I am opposed to the death penalty itself on the ground stated in #1. I am APPLALLED that the death penalty is meted out to innocents.

1. I dunno.... I guess my religious beliefs

Can't argue against that I guess

2. I am opposed to the death penalty itself on the ground stated in #1. I am APPLALLED that the death penalty is meted out to innocents.

Me too. But pissing and moaning about the death penalty does absolutely nothing to fix the flaws in the legal system.

One could even make the argument that removeing the death penalty would create less impetus to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our legal system.

Can't argue against that I guess

Me too. But pissing and moaning about the death penalty does absolutely nothing to fix the flaws in the legal system.

One could even make the argument that removeing the death penalty would create less impetus to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our legal system.

but one could still provide some degree of remedy to those wrongfully incarcerated. remedy for those wrongfully executed is pretty much empty symbolism from the victim's perspective.

Regardless, given the flaws in the system the death penalty should at least be put on hold (i.e. a moratorium) until the flaws are fixed. Having a death penalty but being unable to use it because of a moratorium might be a good incentive for people to fix the problems with the system. Unless and until they are fixed, the implementation of the death penalty is problematic.

Innocent men have been wrongly put to death by the state. The justice system is flawed because it is reliant upon human judgment, and human judgment is flawed.

There is nothing more Big Government than the death penalty.

Its better to let a guilty man walk than to kill an innocent man.

Get rid of it.

I'm not sure that a flawed system should let a murderer who faces a mountain of identifying evidence should be off of the death penalty hook. I may not try to invoke it for cases with shaky evidence like Ryan Furgeson but, I have to say, Stephen Rios the gay-lover killing cop should die.

I see many don't agree with the DNA thing. All I can say is that I hope your trial ends in a positive result from the evidence as presented to the jury even though the DNA evidence could prove the prosecution on the wrong trail. Don't think it can't happen. All of the innocent but executed anyway thought the same.

I see many don't agree with the DNA thing. All I can say is that I hope your trial ends in a positive result from the evidence as presented to the jury even though the DNA evidence could prove the prosecution on the wrong trail. Don't think it can't happen. All of the innocent but executed anyway thought the same.

Dude, what ARE you talking about? WHO has disagreed with the use of DNA? You probably picked the ONE THING everyone in this thread DOES agree on.

I just knew your ignorant and trouble making ass would show up.

Bah. The world's entirely too populated as it is - who cares if a few accidently get nuked? *SOMETHING* they've done in life certainly put them in the line of fire to even be accused. :)

That outta really give y'all something to get fired up about..

I, for one, have been falsely accused and suffered a severe consequence for that false accusation. Only because the guilty party was also a friend of mine and stepped forward to admit his guilt and the circumstances around it was I exonerated. My reputation and sense of self esteem, I guess, never fully recovered.

Go for it, Death Hogs, God will judge you the same as he does me.

since there is no god or afterlife I guess it's all good!

thanks!

I just knew your ignorant and trouble making ass would show up.

I, for one, have been falsely accused and suffered a severe consequence for that false accusation. Only because the guilty party was also a friend of mine and stepped forward to admit his guilt and the circumstances around it was I exonerated. My reputation and sense of self esteem, I guess, never fully recovered.

Go for it, Death Hogs, God will judge you the same as he does me.

At the very least your low self esteem explains a lot where your posting style is concerned

Well, considering your attitude towards Americans and what The United States of America is all about maybe I can agree with you.

In the case of "some" people, I'd say it was a good thing.:badgrin:

On the other hand, there are padded cells and soft foods with which you won't hurt yourself or others. I would suggest you check in voluntarilly.

I can kick your ass anytime and anywhere, B'80. I've damn sure kicked it here.

How's that for your self esteem?

By posting what? You haven't cited any material or posted anything remotely related to topic. If your MO on this board is what you think constitutes kicking ass, I'm afraid your sorely mistaken.

Forum List

Back