DNA links prove Jews are a ‘race,' says genetics expert

You didn't answer my question. How do you know Deurteronomy 18:18 is speaking of islam and Mohammed?
#1) You asked for "one" verse and I supplied it.

#2) I told you that I was NOT going to teach you your own Bible.

#3) It's up to you to do your own research; not me.

#4) Ask a thousand times; and you will be ignored a thousand times.

#5) That is all. You are dismissed. :cool:

Okay, I did my own research. That is all. You are dismissed.

It is amazing to hear some of the claims of Muslims that the Bible actually predicts the coming of the prophet Muhammad. These Muslims believe that the Bible teaches this based on such passages in the Qur’an as Surah 7:157. However, the passages from the Bible that these Muslims appeal to are always taken out of context. One of these popular passages is Deuteronomy 18:15-18.

Deuteronomy 18:15-18

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, 16 according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’ 17 And the LORD said to me: ‘What they have spoken is good. 18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him (NKJV)."

In spite of the claims of Muslims, there are many reasons why this passage does not refer to prophet Muhammad.
“Brethren” Refers to Jews

First, given the context of Deuteronomy 18, the term “brethren” is referring to their fellow Israelites. Deuteronomy 18:2, says “They shall have no inheritance among their brethren.” Also, elsewhere in the book of Deuteronomy the term “brethren” refers to fellow Israelites (Deuteronomy 17:15). Since the term “brethren” refers to Israelites, why would God raise up a prophet from the enemies of Israel, the Arabs?

Muhammad from Ishmael

Second, Muhammad came from Ishmael, as Muslims admit, but heirs to the Jewish throne came from Isaac. The Torah states, “My covenant I will establish with Isaac,” (Genesis 17:21). Later, God repeats the same message, “In Isaac your seed shall be called,” (Genesis 21:12).

Prophetic Line through Isaac

Third, the Qur’an teaches that the prophetic line came through Isaac, not Ishmael: “And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and We established the Prophethood and the Scripture among his seed” (29:27). However, Yusuf Ali adds the word Abraham in the translation to make it read: “We gave (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and ordained among his progeny Porphethood and Revelation.” By adding Abraham, it is possible to include Muhammad in the prophetic line! However, Abraham is not found in the Arabic text of the Qur’an which Muslims consider to be perfectly correct!

Jesus Fulfilled Deuteronomy 18:15-18 Perfectly

Fourth, Jesus fulfilled Deuteronomy 18 perfectly. (1) He came from his Jewish brethren (Galatians 4:4). (2) Deuteronomy 18:18 says, “He shall speak to them all that I [God] command Him.” Jesus said, “I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things” (John 8:28; cf. John 12:49). Finally, (3) Jesus called himself a “prophet” (Luke 13:33) and the people considered him to be a prophet (Matthew 21:11; Luke 7:16; 24:19; John 4:19; 6:14; 7:40; 9:17).

Therefore, given the above evidence, it is Jesus, not Muhammad who fulfilled this prophecy in Deuteronomy 18.

http://carm.org/deuteronomy-18-muhammad

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question. How do you know Deurteronomy 18:18 is speaking of islam and Mohammed?

It is amazing to hear some of the claims of Muslims that the Bible actually predicts the coming of the prophet Muhammad. These Muslims believe that the Bible teaches this based on such passages in the Qur’an as Surah 7:157. However, the passages from the Bible that these Muslims appeal to are always taken out of context. One of these popular passages is Deuteronomy 18:15-18.

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, 16 according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’ 17 And the LORD said to me: ‘What they have spoken is good. 18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him (NKJV)."

In spite of the claims of Muslims, there are many reasons why this passage does not refer to prophet Muhammad.

First, given the context of Deuteronomy 18, the term “brethren” is referring to their fellow Israelites. Deuteronomy 18:2, says “They shall have no inheritance among their brethren.” Also, elsewhere in the book of Deuteronomy the term “brethren” refers to fellow Israelites (Deuteronomy 17:15). Since the term “brethren” refers to Israelites, why would God raise up a prophet from the enemies of Israel, the Arabs?

Muhammad from Ishmael

Second, Muhammad came from Ishmael, as Muslims admit, but heirs to the Jewish throne came from Isaac. The Torah states, “My covenant I will establish with Isaac,” (Genesis 17:21). Later, God repeats the same message, “In Isaac your seed shall be called,” (Genesis 21:12).

Third, the Qur’an teaches that the prophetic line came through Isaac, not Ishmael: “And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and We established the Prophethood and the Scripture among his seed” (29:27). However, Yusuf Ali adds the word Abraham in the translation to make it read: “We gave (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and ordained among his progeny Porphethood and Revelation.” By adding Abraham, it is possible to include Muhammad in the prophetic line! However, Abraham is not found in the Arabic text of the Qur’an which Muslims consider to be perfectly correct!

Fourth, Jesus fulfilled Deuteronomy 18 perfectly. (1) He came from his Jewish brethren (Galatians 4:4). (2) Deuteronomy 18:18 says, “He shall speak to them all that I [God] command Him.” Jesus said, “I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things” (John 8:28; cf. John 12:49). Finally, (3) Jesus called himself a “prophet” (Luke 13:33) and the people considered him to be a prophet (Matthew 21:11; Luke 7:16; 24:19; John 4:19; 6:14; 7:40; 9:17).

Therefore, given the above evidence, it is Jesus, not Muhammad who fulfilled this prophecy in Deuteronomy 18.

Does Deuteronomy 18:15-18 predict the coming of Muhammad? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

If they need further evidence,could not a people that is greatly outnumbered and completely surrounded by Allahs people not be defeated . Here they are the Jews completely defying the odds to exist amongst their enemies.

The descendants of Ishmael and Esau were prophesied to have an extreme hatred to the point of wanting to destroy Gods people but yet here they still are.

But yet the tiny nation of Israel came in there and booted the descendants of Ishmael out and take the Holy land that was given to them by God.

Muhammad from Ishmael

Does Deuteronomy 18:15-18 predict the coming of Muhammad? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

If they need further evidence,could not a people that is greatly outnumbered and completely surrounded by Allahs people not be defeated . Here they are the Jews completely defying the odds to exist amongst their enemies.

The descendants of Ishmael and Esau were prophesied to have an extreme hatred to the point of wanting to destroy Gods people but yet here they still are.

But yet the tiny nation of Israel came in there and booted the descendants of Ishmael out and take the Holy land that was given to them by God.

And that's what it's all about. Like Cain and Abel.

C2.jpg

So the muslim bible scholar has decided to post bigoted cartoons. How nice. Do you happen to have any of those cartoons the Palestinians show their children about how to commit suicide and murder Israelis? You do a far better job of revealing how sick Islam is.

So the muslim bible scholar has decided to post bigoted cartoons. How nice. Do you happen to have any of those cartoons the Palestinians show their children about how to commit suicide and murder Israelis? You do a far better job of revealing how sick Islam is.

When did Sunni Man post that strip.

The link provided keeps going to a post by you, Buford.

Grand mufti Mohammad Amin al-Husayni pledged his allegiance to hitler in world war two. His best friend in Germany was Heinrich Hendler the master mind of the death camps. He not only knew what was going on with the death camps but he helped in sending Euorpean Jews to poland knowing of the death camps.

Yesser Arafat called him a hero.

Last edited:
The Myth of the Jewish ‘Race’
The Jews claim themselves to be a race – but are they?

The earliest reference yet found to this singular people is on a statue from the Syrian city of Alalakh, dated to about 1550 BC. The inscription refers to hapiru warriors in the land of Kin’anu...a presence confirmed by clay tablets from Akhenaten’s capital of Amarna, referring to marauders in the hill country of Palestine. The famous stele of Pharaoh Merneptah dated to 1207 BC records 'Israel is laid waste, his seed is not’. 'Israel' here is a reference to a people, not a territory.

The weight of evidence suggests these original ‘Hebrews’ coalesced during the bronze age from successive migrations, some from the periphery of the Nile delta (in Egyptian, ‘Peru or apiru meant a laborer) but most from across the Jordan and Euphrates rivers. In their own semitic tongue, habiru meant ‘beyond’, suggesting an origin elsewhere. In Babylonian script khabiru referred to a class of slaves. As a people, therefore, the Hebrews combined Mesopotamian and Egyptian stock, almost certainly drawn from the lowest social order, conceivably including runaway slaves. One migration, at least, brought with it a mountain/sky god Yahweh destined for higher things.

All cultures have anthropomorphized their gods into humanoid (if sometimes grotesque) form. Were the Jews the exception? Hardly. We know precisely what the Hebrew god looked like. We are, after all, fashioned in his own likeness! "Yahweh", in fact, is an abbreviation of the longer name, "Yahweh Sabaoth." It means, "He who musters armies." Thus Yahweh's name identifies the god primarily as the military leader of the tribe. No wonder the God bequeathed to the world by the Jews turned out to be a monster.

well before you state that Judaism is a race, you mst remember there were 13 tribes of Israel, so shouldn't they be calling it the Isralite or Hebrew race?

How do you know he is Muslim? You have some secret decoder posters or something?

Forum List

Back