DNA components confirmed to come from space

R

rdean

Meteorites: Tool kits for creating life on Earth

From Meteorites, the Building Blocks of Life NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/Chris Smith In what appears to be seriously big news from a team of NASA-funded researchers, scientists have found evidence that some building blocks of DNA--including two of the four nucleobases that make up our genetic code--found in meteorites were created in space, lending credence to the idea that life is not homegrown but was seeded here by asteroids, meteorites, or comets sometime in Earth's early lifetime. This is big news, of course, because if the ingredients for life were brought here from some external source, there's always the possibility that the same thing has happened elsewhere in the universe--possibly many times over. Scientists have been extracting fragments of DNA from meteorites for decades now, but there was never really hard proof that those pieces of biological molecules were native to the extraterrestrial object rather than terrestrial contamination that occurred when the object slammed into Earth. S

Space and Earth Sciences News :: Meteorites: Tool kits for creating life on Earth

Most right wingers insist many of them, more than 6% in fact, are "scientists" but believe "life" came from a single spaceman. And he used his magical powers to shimmer people into being from dirt. Probably wore "sandals".

Rdead, part asteroid. Explains a lot don't it?

Actually, since the universe began as "hydrogen", it took exploding suns to make all the elements, except helium, that we are made of. We are literally the "Children of Stars".

Except you. You were shimmered into being from dirt. I'm pretty sure you agree.

Rdead, part asteroid. Explains a lot don't it?

Actually, since the universe began as "hydrogen", it took exploding suns to make all the elements, except helium, that we are made of. We are literally the "Children of Stars".

Except you. You were shimmered into being from dirt. I'm pretty sure you agree.

Yeah, you believe that it's all random, Carl Sagan

Well, what do you know? They discovered this by performing experiments in the lab.

"In the lab, an identical suite of nucleobases and nucleobase analogs were generated in non-biological chemical reactions containing hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, and water. This provides a plausible mechanism for their synthesis in the asteroid parent bodies, and supports the notion that they are extraterrestrial," says Callahan.

I thought you said that wasn't needed, Deanie?

From Meteorites, the Building Blocks of Life NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/Chris Smith In what appears to be seriously big news from a team of NASA-funded researchers, scientists have found evidence that some building blocks of DNA--including two of the four nucleobases that make up our genetic code--found in meteorites were created in space, lending credence to the idea that life is not homegrown but was seeded here by asteroids, meteorites, or comets sometime in Earth's early lifetime. This is big news, of course, because if the ingredients for life were brought here from some external source, there's always the possibility that the same thing has happened elsewhere in the universe--possibly many times over. Scientists have been extracting fragments of DNA from meteorites for decades now, but there was never really hard proof that those pieces of biological molecules were native to the extraterrestrial object rather than terrestrial contamination that occurred when the object slammed into Earth. S

Space and Earth Sciences News :: Meteorites: Tool kits for creating life on Earth

Most right wingers insist many of them, more than 6% in fact, are "scientists" but believe "life" came from a single spaceman. And he used his magical powers to shimmer people into being from dirt. Probably wore "sandals".

He was a space adolescent and this was the result of his science project which he got a failing grade on.
And no sandals since he did not even have feet.

Again rdean shows his ignorance in the fact that there are as many Democrats who are Christians as there are Republicans. It's a shame his hatred has to fuck up a good story.

Well, what do you know? They discovered this by performing experiments in the lab.

"In the lab, an identical suite of nucleobases and nucleobase analogs were generated in non-biological chemical reactions containing hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, and water. This provides a plausible mechanism for their synthesis in the asteroid parent bodies, and supports the notion that they are extraterrestrial," says Callahan.

Yea, they found asteroids in a lab. Because right wingers understand that if it isn't in a "lab", it's not science, right? Did I get that right?

Yea, they found asteroids in a lab. Because right wingers understand that if it isn't in a "lab", it's not science, right? Did I get that right?

No, retard. They confirmed the presence of nucleobases and nucleobase analogs in lab experiments. To support the notion that they were extraterrestrial.

I suppose you would have preferred that they just made the claim, then told others to do the research, instead of doing the science as it was meant to be done.

Again rdean shows his ignorance in the fact that there are as many Democrats who are Christians as there are Republicans. It's a shame his hatred has to fuck up a good story.

Not sure what claiming to be Christian is supposed to mean. Aren't the Right Wing Christian leaders in the Republican Party doing what ever they can to hurt the poor? I thought that was a "no no". In fact, aren't Christian leaders marching in Washington to protest right wingers "rich only" policies?

Frustrated that their pleas to the Administration and Congress to protect funding for the nation’s most vulnerable are being ignored, nearly a dozen leaders from the faith community were arrested inside the U.S. Capitol Building on July 28.

Despite repeated warnings from the U.S. Capitol Police, the leaders refused to end their public prayers asking the Administration and Congress not to balance the budget on the backs of the poor.

Religious leaders arrested in Capitol in budget justice protest

Faith Community to Launch Grassroots Campaign to Protect Funding for Anti-Poverty Programs

Oops.

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Last edited by a moderator:

No, retard. They confirmed the presence of nucleobases and nucleobase analogs in lab experiments. To support the notion that they were extraterrestrial.

I suppose you would have preferred that they just made the claim, then told others to do the research, instead of doing the science as it was meant to be done.

Because all research is in a lab. Otherwise it's not science. Hilarious. I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard.

Not sure what claiming to be Christian is supposed to mean. Aren't the Right Wing Christian leaders in the Republican Party doing what ever they can to hurt the poor? I thought that was a "no no". In fact, aren't Christian leaders marching in Washington to protest right wingers "rich only" policies?

Frustrated that their pleas to the Administration and Congress to protect funding for the nation’s most vulnerable are being ignored, nearly a dozen leaders from the faith community were arrested inside the U.S. Capitol Building on July 28.

Despite repeated warnings from the U.S. Capitol Police, the leaders refused to end their public prayers asking the Administration and Congress not to balance the budget on the backs of the poor.

Religious leaders arrested in Capitol in budget justice protest

Faith Community to Launch Grassroots Campaign to Protect Funding for Anti-Poverty Programs

Oops.

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You derailed your own thread. :lol:

funny-pictures-history-your-train-of-thought-has-derailed.jpg

Because all research is in a lab. Otherwise it's not science. Hilarious. I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard.

Where were they supposed to confirm the DNA components? In the booth next to you in the bar?

That's pretty cool, I was reading about this earlier today.

Where were they supposed to confirm the DNA components? In the booth next to you in the bar?

All research is in a lab. Otherwise, it's not science.

All serious research into chemicals, elements, gases, etc is done in a lab to control the levels of the subject being tested, and to prevent environmental contamination.

All research done in your world is on blogs and youtube videos.

You should really consider joining the real world sometime. Don't worry, we don't bite.

Forum List

Back