dlh losing hair...major shedding or what?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
P4210011.jpg

that would be clark...he is like medium haired not persain but longer than short haired....suddenly clumps of hair everywhere....i never remember him shedding like this before....i am even vaccuming him....yes you read that right.....and still clumps of hair all over....he is eating well...taking water....no real problems other than massive amounts of hair falling out...he is just over 4 yrs old and i never remember it being this bad....

i would prefer not to spend the bucks at the vet to find out he is just shedding...

Do you comb/brush him? I find that with our dog the more she needs a good brushing the more she sheds. Once I give her a good brushing, the shedding decreases a lot. The cat - just a regular short hair - sheds all the time but not in clumps. Do you have the Furminator comb? It's great; it gets the under neath fur. They have them for dogs and cats. Buying it off of e-bay will save you about 1/2 the cost of buying it in a store.

Also, they shed more in the spring and fall don't they? Clark is very, very cute. I want to scratch his chin. :)

i am combing him and vaccuming him ....i looked at him today....seems it the very top coat is all falling out....or has one side....its the darker outer coat falling out....

If we could sell cat hair on eBay, we would be rich by now. Our cats are shedding at an incredible rate, although this happens this time of year. It's probably natural.

seems cats shed two times a year...spring and fall...he is shedding his winter coat.....i have checked his skin and checked for fleas....they say he will do this for about 3 weeks....if he begins to lose to the skin or begins to have skin issues bring him in...give him omega fatty 3 oil?

so we have two more weeks of this ....ahhhhhaa

pluck the bunny.....we will all just think it oktay .....

yea vet says its normal to chill and just make sure he didnt have skin problems or fleas....you know they are laughing at me..time to catch the clark and vaccum him...he does love that

well you know the first time you give a cat a pill and its not really a problem..they are surprised...but the next time they are ready...seems vaccuming has the same effect:

IMG_0313.jpg

a close inspection of coat just shows another underlayer for him to shed:

IMG_0314.jpg

just cause he is my baby and too sweet not to take one more pic of.....as you can see he is very upset by it all...

IMG_0315.jpg

Beautiful cat.

I had a Himalayan at one time, it looked like this:

Himalayan.jpg

My daughter would just sit there combing him while she watched tv at night. That cat loved it but it really didn't help when he was shedding twice a year. I had to take a lint brush to the furniture and us about everyday.

I loved that cat though.

pluck the bunny.....we will all just think it oktay .....

yea vet says its normal to chill and just make sure he didnt have skin problems or fleas....you know they are laughing at me..time to catch the clark and vaccum him...he does love that

by pluck I mean grab little chunks of hair and pull. ;)

greg does NOT like it.

Yeah, we had to pluck the knots out too. He would just sit there and let it happen though.

Ears looked fine, nose and eyes looked fine.. I'da yanked open his mouth - if that had looked fine, wouldn't have bothered with a vet until one of those looked funny...

You wanna see some messed up shedding... I had a silver persian.. Could make a whole new cat every year...

Forum List

Back