DJIA dumps another 500 points thanks to Donald's dumb tariffs

The market is specifically, and directly reacting to Trump's tariff on China rhetoric. We haven't seen anything yet. When he actually does what he says he will do, and China does what they say they will do, the shit will really hit the fan. The only good news will be that it will hit his base, agriculture producers, first.

I wish Trump would just play golf and continue to concentrate on making the FAA prevent commercial aviation deaths. Those are the only things he has not fucked up.

Harley Davidson has dropped from $56 to $42 since Europe announced that they will retaliate against them because of the steel tariffs.

Harley's problems started long before tariffs....

Summary
Harley-Davidson continues to battle demographic and environmental trends, as well as stiff competition.

Despite the strong brand, Harley's shipments have been concerning for years now.

Expectations have come down a great deal, with shares trading at low-double digit multiples amidst a strong balance sheet (although complicated by the financing business).

If the company can stabilise, there is great upside, and while I do not expect an imminent recovery, value can be found in the low 40s.

Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) continues to be plagued by the shift in demographics and environmental trends. Not only are millennials not as likely to drive a Harley, as it does not fit their lifestyle/hobbies, but the lack of a green aspect/alternative hurts the business as well despite the iconic brand and immense loyalty which is undermined by an ageing customer base.

Despite these concerns, value is apparent amidst very strong margins, low earnings multiples and a rather strong balance sheet, if you account for the financing business.

Harley-Davidson: Starting My Engine - Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) | Seeking Alpha

Harley Davidson has dropped from $56 to $42 since Europe announced that they will retaliate against them because of the steel tariffs.

Harley's problems started long before tariffs....

Summary
Harley-Davidson continues to battle demographic and environmental trends, as well as stiff competition.

Despite the strong brand, Harley's shipments have been concerning for years now.

Expectations have come down a great deal, with shares trading at low-double digit multiples amidst a strong balance sheet (although complicated by the financing business).

If the company can stabilise, there is great upside, and while I do not expect an imminent recovery, value can be found in the low 40s.

Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) continues to be plagued by the shift in demographics and environmental trends. Not only are millennials not as likely to drive a Harley, as it does not fit their lifestyle/hobbies, but the lack of a green aspect/alternative hurts the business as well despite the iconic brand and immense loyalty which is undermined by an ageing customer base.

Despite these concerns, value is apparent amidst very strong margins, low earnings multiples and a rather strong balance sheet, if you account for the financing business.

Harley-Davidson: Starting My Engine - Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) | Seeking Alpha

The stock drop I quoted took place only in the last month. Looks like Uncle Donny is going to do them n for good. No problem. I drive Kawasaki, anyway.

Forum List

Back