DJI up 485

The stock market, unfortunately, doesn't provide an index for interest rates that banks charge each other. It tripled overnight and the credit market has all but frozen. Who gives a shit about 30 stupid companies... the banks are swimming in debt and people can't get loans.

well the answer is obviously to print a zillion more dollars--problem solved.

The stock market, unfortunately, doesn't provide an index for interest rates that banks charge each other. It tripled overnight and the credit market has all but frozen. Who gives a shit about 30 stupid companies... the banks are swimming in debt and people can't get loans.

In the last three weeks, I got a $11,500 car loan, a $16,750 unsecured line of credit, a $32,000 home equity loan, and an increased credit limit on a Bank of America card with an 8.9% APR from $9,500 to $16,000.

So who is not getting a loan these days? Some fools with a 600 credit score? Good, they SHOULDN't be getting them.... Folks like me (with 750+ credit ratings) can get most any loan we want, TODAY.

In the last three weeks, I got a $11,500 car loan, a $16,750 unsecured line of credit, a $32,000 home equity loan, and an increased credit limit on a Bank of America card with an 8.9% APR from $9,500 to $16,000.

So who is not getting a loan these days? Some fools with a 600 credit score? Good, they SHOULDN't be getting them.... Folks like me (with 750+ credit ratings) can get most any loan we want, TODAY.

You arrogant little prick, almost no one has 750 credit scores out there.

780 last time I looked. Shooting for 800 or higher though. :lol:

One re-fi I had them write the paper then waited until I got an interest rate I liked. "Do you want to lock in?" she'd ask? "No, I want 6%" I'd respond. After six weeks of that she finally bought the rate down herself to finish the deal. :D

Last car loan they wrote everything up, then wanted to sell me the super-duper warranty. I told them to finance it and lower the rate so I'd get it for free or I'll call my wife to pick me up. Deal done. :lol:

First of all, you're wrong.

But I don't think you realize what the main two components are in getting that score up.

You have debt-income ratio, and you have payment history. ANYONE can have a good payment history, you are in complete control on that one. The debt to income ratio, not so much.

But there's the KICKER, though. Many people do not have a favorable debt-income ratio, because they have TOO MUCH DEBT.

So if your score is 600, but you have perfect payment history, then you probably have too much debt. If you get turned down for a loan becuase of debt-income ratio, then THATS A GOOD THING.

Just imagine if all those homebuyers this past decade were actually turned DOWN for the debt-income ratios.

We probably wouldn't be in this mess.

But right now, what we REALLY need is for banks to tell people NO if they don't have a favorable ratio.

That's not because "credit is drying up" like they want us to believe, it's because there are WAY TOO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE who don't deserve a loan right now, and rightfully so.

Eventually, that will stabilize naturally and the credit market will start to move again. For right now, the most important thing is for there to be no more risky debt.

Last edited:

I do. I EARNED it, all by myself. I've paid all my bills on time for 30 years, got a good education all by myself with no financial help from anyone (my parents paid for absolutely NOTHING), continued to improve my skills over the years and hit 50 in good shape with little debt and a healthy income.

I get loans because I QUALIFY. You don't because you HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT....yet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back