DJI DOWN 300 points... A Message??

It was down another 121 today.

But ...

I believe it was down 5% the day after he was elected in 08 before rising 75% over the next four years.
Because the Banks played the Market with the money the Fed printed.

The market is continuing it's dive today. How long will it last. In 2008 the losses were temporary and an economy was struggling to right itself. These are permanent with an economy being abandoned.

When, oh when, will people learn to do math?!!

Let me explain it this way:

If you had $100,000 invested in DJIA stocks on the day Bush took office, it was only worth about $82,000 by the end of his term.

If you had $100,000 invested in DJIA stocks on the day Obama took office, it is worth $154,000 today.

Is that simple enough?

-- Paravani

The market is continuing it's dive today. How long will it last. In 2008 the losses were temporary and an economy was struggling to right itself. These are permanent with an economy being abandoned.

This word "permanent" I think you don't understand it well.

The downtrend for the intermediate term is about over. Buy on weakness.

And now that you've all made a ton of money following my advice on that one, it's time to lighten up on stocks, except gold stocks, which should do better in the next term as stocks decline.

Just don't get too bearish too soon.

:eusa_angel:

Silver is stuck at about $32 per oz and gold is out of sight. My guess is that the people who really invest in America and keep the economy going are holding their breath trying to figure what might happen next in an incoherent administration. The best thing is to invest in a decent defensive weapon while you can and hide your money under your mattress.

You really think that would help, seriously?.
Fair point. :D

But honestly I doubt it matters, I'd wager most of the people shouting the financial advice that sounds like it came from the latest Gary Celente impending doom youtube video have very little to no assets to invest.

It isn't quite a stretch to tell people to hide their life savings under their mattress when that consists of fifty bucks.

300 points is just a snapshot. I'll take months like this all the way through Hillary's inauguration. :2up:

$dow.png

Click on graph for a better view.

Why is germany repatriating its gold reserves?

I am informed that France and England are doing likewise.

By dumping 200 points at the opening bell? :confused:

MarketWatch - Stock Market Quotes, Business News, Financial News

Gold is up too I see. This is a good thing right? :confused:

:lol:

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI)
-DJI

14,075.37 175.24(1.26%) 4:35PM EST

Add to Portfolio.

Prev Close:

Open:

Day's Range:

13,880.19 - 14,104.86

52wk Range:

12,035.10 - 14,104.90

Love it how people who have no fucking clue about market flucuations or even why they happen are now experts.

In my 13.5 years at the fucking NYSE..I never saw you in Operations, Town Hall Meetings, on the Floor or anywhere near 11 Wall Street.

Forum List

Back