DJI DOWN 300 points... A Message??

That's it.. that's the best doom that could happen? 300 points.

I thought the trap door on the economy was going to spring open and we were going to head into a free fall?

Oh wait, I forgot, the DOW doesn't matter.. :badgrin:
TM regularly posts about how the Stock Market is a good indicator of the Economy in general.

I predict she'll put a stop to that.

I thought the trap door on the economy was going to spring open and we were going to head into a free fall?

It seemed to matter a week ago when Liberals were trumpeting the fact that it was over 14K.

DJI DOWN 300 points... A Message??

A really strong message . Greece comes to mind .....

$1180156_f496.jpg

It seemed to matter a week ago when Liberals were trumpeting the fact that it was over 14K.

Perhaps I should have been clear.

It does matter, my comment in contrary was a stab at the republicans who said that it wasn't when it was brought up during the election season by us liberals.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! :lol: Life goes on folks. Sorry about your loss though.

The message was loud and clear. BUY!

Since I was out prior to the election, I did.

Sorry for the upcoming losses we are soon going to face with commie and company for another four years. How many more employers will bail from this country? Can we all say welfare nation???

Good grief!

Let's put this into perspective:

At the end of the month Obama took office, the DJIA was at approximately 8,000, still in free-fall, and the US was facing its most dire financial crisis in 80 years. We were all sure that a second Depression was coming...

On March 6th, 2009, just two months after Obama took office, the DJIA bottomed out at 6,626.

Less than a year later, on January 9th, 2010, the new "bottom" was at 10,067! That's a single-year increase of over 50% from its previous low during Obama's first year in office.

So, our new "bottom" is at 12,811? That's still 50% more than the market was worth when Obama took office.

Then there's Bush -- who was in office for eight years, during which time the stock market actually LOST value.

Before that, there was Clinton... another Democratic President under whom the DJIA grew by leaps and bounds. During his term the DJIA grew from approximately 3,800 to 10,000 -- an astounding 260%!

So, if we're going to judge presidents by the growth of the DJIA, then both Clinton and Obama have been resounding successes... and Bush bombed, big time.

-- Paravani

Last edited:
You only made money if you sold. You only lost money if you sold at a bad time. How is it that the public lost jobs and income during this entire period? Must be a disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.

The market is continuing it's dive today. How long will it last. In 2008 the losses were temporary and an economy was struggling to right itself. These are permanent with an economy being abandoned.

Stocks sold off Friday minutes after Obama began speaking and ditched the "We aren't a nation of red states or blue states" meme and instead demanded taxes be raised on the rich.

Forum List

Back