DJI DOWN 300 points... A Message??

Don't worry, when the Stock Market opens up with huge down numbers it usually corrects the other way later on.

At 11:01 EST it's now down 299 points so I forecast it going UP at least that amount this afternoon. :rolleyes:

If the stock market ends the day UP, even a half point, I will rep everyone in this thread!

And if Romney had been elected a 600 point swing would have occurred, i.e. instead of losing 300 the DJI would be UP 300!

But because Romney and others like me couldn't BELIEVE people were THAT stupid to re-elect Obama We are NOT seeing the end of the decline of the USA!

There is some fiscal cliff fear in the market right now.

As Obama policies continue to drive the Fed to use QE and destroy the dollar, that is actually stimulative to stocks as what is left of American industry is considered a relative save haven against holding a devalued currency.

Election over, US stocks dip on challenges to come | Comcast

The election behind them, U.S. investors dumped stocks Wednesday and turned their focus to a world of problems — economically harmful tax increases and spending cuts at home and a deepening recession in Europe.

The Dow Jones industrial average plunged as much as 245 points in the first hour of trading, and the Standard & Poor's 500 index fell as much as 27, or 1.6 percent. Energy companies and bank stocks took big losses.

Stocks seen as benefiting from President Barack Obama's decisive re-election rose. They included hospitals, free of the threat that a President Mitt Romney would have sought to roll back Obama's health care law, and renewable-energy companies.

Just as predicted, It has begun, tick-tock-tick tock ,top ramen anyone ?......

It is mainly due to the fiscal cliff, the possibilities of increased taxation, and the belief that nobody is capable of doing anything about it.

I see this from a different perspective as well--If Romney would have won, there was no guarantee that the Fiscal cliff would be resolved so an Obama win helped investors keep their money.

We could see -500 at end of day.
What the market is reacting to is the fact that the election changed nothing.
Very few seats were gained/lost...Rep's still hold Congress, Dems still hold Senate and the Invisible Man (when it comes to economics) is still in the White House.
So this paints a dismal picture for any resolution to avoid the fiscal cliff - as well as any real economic policy changes that will affect the critical-mass debt - and Obamacare will stay.
America voted for 4 more years of the same - and that is what will we get.

That's it.. that's the best doom that could happen? 300 points.

I thought the trap door on the economy was going to spring open and we were going to head into a free fall?

Oh wait, I forgot, the DOW doesn't matter.. :badgrin:

And if Romney had been elected a 600 point swing would have occurred, i.e. instead of losing 300 the DJI would be UP 300!

But because Romney and others like me couldn't BELIEVE people were THAT stupid to re-elect Obama We are NOT seeing the end of the decline of the USA!

Very well-sated.

Unless a person, or their loved ones, are on the government dole, they will never understand, self-reliance and self-pride. They won't have any.

Forum List

Back