Dixie Chicks Shut Out at AMC Awards

Sour grapes from the right continues to create wine most bitter.

Too bad your predictions of their demise are being pistol whipped by capitalism and the complete rejection of your extremist ideology has been proven by the American mainstream's embrace of the Dixie Chicks.

Sour grapes from the right continues to create wine most bitter.

Too bad your predictions of their demise are being pistol whipped by capitalism and the complete rejection of your extremist ideology has been proven by the American mainstream's embrace of the Dixie Chicks.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are delusional!

And you're not making a half million a show! :lol:

I am not a formerly popular musical act. They aren't making a half millon a show either. For someone that claims to be a capitalist you don't know much about the true cost of making money.

I'll put my tax return up against yours any day bro.

Let's see... top grossing country tour last year was Faith Hill and Tim McGraw who brought in a total of $89 million for the entire tour. Next up, Kenny Chesney with $66 million... Rascal Flats about $44 million...

Sooooo sad... out of the hundreds of bands with tours last year... the Dixie Chicks were only 25th. If you only count the "country" groups as GunnyL seems to think of as their only potential audience... they were 5th.

1. The Rolling Stones, $138.5 million
2. Barbra Streisand, $92.5 million
3. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, $88.8 million
4. Madonna, $85.9 million
5. Cirque du Soleil's Delirium, $82.1 million
6. Celine Dion, $78.1 million
7. Kenny Chesney, $66 million
8. Bon Jovi, $59.7 million
9. Dave Matthews Band, $51.3 million
10. Elton John, $48.9 million
11. Billy Joel, $47.2 million
12. Rascal Flatts, $43.6 million
13. The Who, $40.9 million
14. Def Leppard and Journey, $38.7 million
15. Shakira, $38.6 million
16. Toby Keith, $38 million
17. Trans-Siberian Orchestra, $37.3 million
18. Aerosmith and Mötley Crüe, $35.4 million
19. American Idols Live!, $35 million
20. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, $33.5 million
21. Nickelback, $30.3 million
22. Barry Manilow, $29.2 million
23. Coldplay, $28.6 million
24. Mariah Carey, $27.9 million
25. Dixie Chicks, $27.1 million

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8ff3c190-54b9-4bef-9b05-3189352cf177

Oh, alas, to fail so miserably must be breaking their hearts... I'm certain the Dixie Chicks are very, very upset that they were only the fifth highest grossing country tour last year. You've exposed their failure! Only fifth!

You guys are clowns. Figure it out... your "facts" are, uh, oh yeah, WRONG.

To quote my favorite l33T speakers, U FALE.

I'll put my tax return up against yours any day bro.

Let's see... top grossing country tour last year was Faith Hill and Tim McGraw who brought in a total of $89 million for the entire tour. Next up, Kenny Chesney with $66 million... Rascal Flats about $44 million...

Sooooo sad... out of the hundreds of bands with tours last year... the Dixie Chicks were only 25th. If you only count the "country" groups as GunnyL seems to think of as their only potential audience... they were 5th.

1. The Rolling Stones, $138.5 million
2. Barbra Streisand, $92.5 million
3. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, $88.8 million
4. Madonna, $85.9 million
5. Cirque du Soleil's Delirium, $82.1 million
6. Celine Dion, $78.1 million
7. Kenny Chesney, $66 million
8. Bon Jovi, $59.7 million
9. Dave Matthews Band, $51.3 million
10. Elton John, $48.9 million
11. Billy Joel, $47.2 million
12. Rascal Flatts, $43.6 million
13. The Who, $40.9 million
14. Def Leppard and Journey, $38.7 million
15. Shakira, $38.6 million
16. Toby Keith, $38 million
17. Trans-Siberian Orchestra, $37.3 million
18. Aerosmith and Mötley Crüe, $35.4 million
19. American Idols Live!, $35 million
20. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, $33.5 million
21. Nickelback, $30.3 million
22. Barry Manilow, $29.2 million
23. Coldplay, $28.6 million
24. Mariah Carey, $27.9 million
25. Dixie Chicks, $27.1 million

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8ff3c190-54b9-4bef-9b05-3189352cf177

Oh, alas, to fail so miserably must be breaking their hearts... I'm certain the Dixie Chicks are very, very upset that they were only the fifth highest grossing country tour last year. You've exposed their failure! Only fifth!

You guys are clowns. Figure it out... your "facts" are, uh, oh yeah, WRONG.

To quote my favorite l33T speakers, U FALE.

Let see, according to the list they got their asses kicked by 11 acts who were in their prime in the 70s and 80s including Barry Manilow, I guess you think that is successful, I don't. Where is the list from 2002 before the fat little troll opened up her big mouth? The discussion , by the way, is not about me...I am not involved in a formerly big time band that now can't even sell enough tickets in Houston to even appear there.

Ooops, looks like they have dropped tremendously from their tour in 2003, right after the troll made an ass out of herself and the 2 sisters could only sit back and think "what the fuck is this idiot saying now????".

http://us_asians.tripod.com/poll-music.html

TOP GROSSING ACTS OF 2003
1. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, $132.8 million.
"The Essential Bruce Springsteen" three-CD compilation released in 2003 and his older ones sold 1.3 million copies. He didn't log an excessive number of nights or miles on the concert trail, either, playing 47 shows in 30 cities. Yet with an average ticket price of a little more than $71, he wound up selling $115.9 million worth of tickets, the second highest-grossing tour ever, behind only the Rolling Stones' 1994 tour that generated $121.2 million.

2. 50 Cent, $125 million.
This Eminem protégé barreled out of the gate with his "Get Rich" album, not only the year's biggest seller but also holder of the record for highest first-week sales of 2003: it sold 872,000 first-week copies in February.

3. Celine Dion, $119.5 million.
Dion added $39 million in album sales to the $80.5 million in ticket revenue generated at her new concert home at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, to place third overall. Average ticket price: $135.81.

4. Toby Keith, $106.6 million.
The rowdy Oklahoma country singer- songwriter buried the hatchet in his public feud with the Dixie Chicks, otherwise he'd be singing "How Do You Like Me Now?" to the trio he bested by combining album sales of $62.4 million and concert ticket revenue of $44.2 million. Average ticket price: $37.95.

5. Dixie Chicks, $100.8 million.
Despite their political controversy, that didn't stop them from selling $40.3 million worth of albums and an additional $60.5 million in concert tickets — the highest- grossing country music tour ever. Average ticket price: $56.

6. Cher, $99.4 million.
Cher's farewell tour, which helped her come in at No. 5 on last year's Ultimate Top 10 list, generated big box office again, to the tune of $68.2 million during 2003. A well-timed career retrospective, "The Very Best of Cher," helped her move $31.2 million worth of albums. Average ticket price: $65.91.

7. Fleetwood Mac, $92.4 million.
The group keeps pulling in baby boomers who can pony up the average $83 their concert tickets cost last year. That produced $69 million in ticket sales, which also spurred album sales of $23.4 million for the year.

8. The Eagles, $88.8 million.
This Southern California band sold 1.5 million albums ($19.5 million) and $69.3 million worth of concert tickets last year. The group topped Fleetwood Mac on average ticket price, clocking in at $107.57.

9. Simon & Garfunkel, $76.2 million.
The duo reunited one more time for a well-received tour that took in $64.5 million. None of their albums wound up in the Nielsen SoundScan Top 200 for the year, but a new compilation, "The Essential Simon & Garfunkel," helped the old friends sell nearly a million albums, adding $11.7 million to their Ultimate Top 10 total. Average ticket price: $136.90, second last year only to the Stones.

10. Norah Jones, $74.9 million.
The singing sensation had neither a new album nor an extensive tour last year, but her "Come Away With Me" album remained in the national top 10 for most of the year, thanks in part to her multiple Grammy wins in February. That made it the year's second-best seller, moving more than 5.1 million copies, for $66.8 million in sales. She also sold $8.1 million in concert tickets at 50 North American dates. Average ticket price: $38.63.

Let see, according to the list they got their asses kicked by 11 acts who were in their prime in the 70s and 80s including Barry Manilow

Er, hate to break it to you, but they all did. Rolling Stones and Babs were biggest druing the 60s and 70s...

The discussion , by the way, is not about me...I am not involved in a formerly big time band that now can't even sell enough tickets in Houston to even appear there.

If their current standing is a failure, then I guess I coudl live with that...

Despite their political controversy, that didn't stop them from selling $40.3 million worth of albums and an additional $60.5 million in concert tickets — the highest- grossing country music tour ever. Average ticket price: $56.

Hmmm....from 100 million to 27 million; from 5th to 25th. I'd say Sitarro's point is made.

I'm reminded of the scene in "This is Spinal Tap". Marty DeBergey is interviewing Ian, the band's manager - and remarks on the fact that Tap is playing in 2000-seat venues, where they had formerly performed in 25,000-seat arenas.

Marty: "Does this mean that the band's popularity is waning"?

Ian: "No, no, no - it just means that their appeal is becoming more selective".

Ah - NOW I understand.

This is downright funny...

Eight of the top ten acts from 2003 aren't even on the top 25 2006 list; yet, one of the two that are are somehow a failure...

This is what constitutes "logic and common sense" from the right.

--------

And, as for your assertion:
The discussion , by the way, is not about me...
You made it personal when you decided I'm somehow inable to understand capitalism here:
For someone that claims to be a capitalist you don't know much about the true cost of making money.
And, like I said, I'll put my tax return up against yours any day of the week.

Hmmm....from 100 million to 27 million; from 5th to 25th. I'd say Sitarro's point is made.

I'm reminded of the scene in "This is Spinal Tap". Marty DeBergey is interviewing Ian, the band's manager - and remarks on the fact that Tap is playing in 2000-seat venues, where they had formerly performed in 25,000-seat arenas.

Marty: "Does this mean that the band's popularity is waning"?

Ian: "No, no, no - it just means that their appeal is becoming more selective".

Ah - NOW I understand.

Depends on how many concerts they've played too. Look, nobody can deny that what Maines said affected their popularity. The thing is, do they care? On the interviews I've seen, not only do they NOT care, they STILL believe in what they said with regard to Bush and still say they have no regrets.

Alright. I give. The Dixie Chicks are failures. They were ONLY the fifth top-grossing country concert tour of 2006. Complete and utter failures brought on by the extreme power of right-wing ideology which pummeled their commie asses back to obscurity!

Keep on believing that... I'm obviously not going to change your mind with anything like numbers and facts...

Depends on how many concerts they've played too. Look, nobody can deny that what Maines said affected their popularity. The thing is, do they care? On the interviews I've seen, not only do they NOT care, they STILL believe in what they said with regard to Bush and still say they have no regrets.

Ah - but whether or not they "care" was not the meat of the argument, as I understood it. I was hearing, "You delusional hillbilly bastards have affected NOTHING; the Chicks are still on top". Now that we see that this is clearly not the case, "they don't care" takes on the appearance of a lame, fallback position.

Alright. I give. The Dixie Chicks are failures. They were ONLY the fifth top-grossing country concert tour of 2006. Complete and utter failures brought on by the extreme power of right-wing ideology which pummeled their commie asses back to obscurity!

Keep on believing that... I'm obviously not going to change your mind with anything like numbers and facts...

You've got elephant balls, saying that - when numbers and facts have just obliterated your argument.

Er, hate to break it to you, but they all did. Rolling Stones and Babs were biggest druing the 60s and 70s...

Do you have a point? We are talking about the Dixie Skanks, try to keep up.
If I was as bad at handling baggage as you are at your so called job, nobody would ever get their bag.

If their current standing is a failure, then I guess I coudl live with that...

Being a partner in a publishing company where I do illustration and photography of golf courses around the world and working very part time with a major airline where I fly for almost nothing and get incredible benefits besides staying in great shape.... whatever, if that's your definition of failure .....what do you supposedly write about? Do you have someone to proof every sentence you spit out? Are you actually employed or are you a freelancer?

Ah - but whether or not they "care" was not the meat of the argument, as I understood it. I was hearing, "You delusional hillbilly bastards have affected NOTHING; the Chicks are still on top". Now that we see that this is clearly not the case, "they don't care" takes on the appearance of a lame, fallback position.

They've never cared. Saw them interviewed on 20/20 about a year ago. Maines AND the two sisters backed each other up. They said they were happy where they were and had no regrets. Maines doesn't look like she gives a toss what the neocons think of her. Don't you think she'd shut up if she did?

Try again. The Grammy's have proven themselves nothing but a "real" fraud. How many awards were they given in the country music genre?

Now explain how this can be when they have few if any fans in the genre, can't sell tickets, nor get any airtime on country music radio.

Once the libs are done using the Dixie Chicks as political tools, they ARE done, and for the aforementioned reasons. They have no real fan base and that imaginary one isn't going to put any meat on the table.

You call perpetrating a fraud "freedom of speech?" :rolleyes:

You're right Gunny, because after all, the dixie turds new album name is "not ready to make nice". They just can't drop it.

Do you have a point? We are talking about the Dixie Skanks, try to keep up.
If I was as bad at handling baggage as you are at your so called job, nobody would ever get their bag.

Being a partner in a publishing company where I do illustration and photography of golf courses around the world and working very part time with a major airline where I fly for almost nothing and get incredible benefits besides staying in great shape.... whatever, if that's your definition of failure .....what do you supposedly write about? Do you have someone to proof every sentence you spit out? Are you actually employed or are you a freelancer?

LOL, as my first editor said, we have proof readers for spelling. And yes we do have them. Hey, are you going to point out every typo I make - because there will be more - or do you have more important things to do. Two things: I never said I was a great writer - just that is what I am employed as 2) Out of all the occupations there are in the world, I'm gonna admit online that I'm a journalist - hardly the most well-thought of profession in the world. YOu think I'm gonna lie about that? Now, an astronaut, hedge fund manager or A&R man for Sony - that would be a better lie... Better than a bag handler I guess....:eusa_think:

They've never cared. Saw them interviewed on 20/20 about a year ago. Maines AND the two sisters backed each other up. They said they were happy where they were and had no regrets. Maines doesn't look like she gives a toss what the neocons think of her. Don't you think she'd shut up if she did?

Immaterial; that wasn't the argument being made here. We were being told that a laughable little handful of extremists were whining, because the mainstream record-buying and concert-going public were exposing them as impotent little tyrants. I've seen it before - this little semantic sleight-of-hand with the terms "mainstream" and "extremist".

A 75% nosedive sounds like a pretty sound repudiation by the mainstream to me.

sitarro pointing out switched letters.... classic...

Way to show the supremacy of the right-wing argument!

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Typical right-wing: "When all else fails, point out typos in red!"

Forum List

Back