Diving right in. The solution to the energy crisis.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by fullpower, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Death Angel

Death Angel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,922
    Residential solar doesn't cost anywhere near that. You also dont have to supply 100% with solar.

2. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    You should stop reading anything I write. Obviously you don't have the intelligence for it. As I was telling somebody else, when you burn a piece of wood, you are breaking molecular bonds. (And possibly recombining others) So you can't tell me that breaking the molecular bond of H2O won't create heat also. And it is just sheer stupidity to call it steam. Also I pointed out elsewhere that at 3600 F, 2% of H2O will disassociate into hydrogen and oxygen atoms. This disruption will probably (I don't know for sure) rise exponentially with a further rise in temperature. So that at 4000 F, most of the H2O molecules will have been disrupted (combust) into their constituent atoms.

Next. Stop lying to yourself. If you think that I think that PA amplifiers don't use a lot of electricity, you are hallucinating. As for the car stereo thing as a means of producing wattage to supply some sort of speaker with power, I asked a car stereo person about this. He may have been lying. But he said without altering an engine, such as putting in a more powerful alternator or going from 12 volt to 24 volts, you could achieve 40,000 watts of power. Now I do know that the really powerful car stereos out there use banks of capacitors. (Which come after the fuse box) And as you know, (maybe) the whole purpose of capacitors is to store energy. If you store enough energy, anything is possible. Also, only with bass is there a lot of air being moved. When it comes to the really high frequencies, rather than moving air, what you mostly are producing is decibels.

3. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I'm not bitching so much as just speaking plain facts. Now, shouldn't you be calling me a sock again or something?

4. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    You can label it any way you want. But when you are over 18 trillion dollars in debt, you owe that debt to somebody. The government flushes around 420 billion in interest on that debt each year, Next, I see. You actually work for the nuclear industry. That is why anything else I have to say on the matter matters to you. You offend me.

5. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    \\

The point I was making to the fool you were talking about is that it doesn't matter how much solar panels and the infrastructure they require costs. The point is that any amount of money is worth the price. Fuck what places like India or China would do. Nuking those overpopulating, human bacteria fucking lowlifes right off the face of the planet would fix that. This would cause a nuclear winter. If radiation doesn't get too high, it might be worth it. Because it would at least reset to some degree the human caused global warming our planet is already suffering from. Which will likely get exponentially worse. But I know. For most of you your doomsday cult is more appealing. Where everything dies and you all go up to heaven to be blissfully herded around by jesus.

6. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    I didn't say it cost near that. I was responding to a poster who said that $500K installation costs wouldn't matter...and that tax credit ends this year at which point we will see if solar really is as viable without the subsidy.

7. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    I hope run of our reactors has a spill in your back yard to silence to truth telling psychics :afro:

And $18T in debt is nothing when you have $140T in assets.

8. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    There is no lower-energy way to do something that takes a set amount of energy.

9. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    Car stereo guy was absolutely wrong. Capacitors don't come after the fuse box. And sound energy, regardless of the frequency, IS moving air.

You should stop writing what you write. Obviously you don't have the intelligence for it.

10. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    Wow. You really are crazy.