dividend tax rate?

Back to the original question:

The Conservative point of view has been that taxing corporation's net income, then taxing dividends is double taxation, and therefore dividends should not be taxed.

My point of view is that that taxing corporation's net incomes, half as much as would otherwise be taxed, then collecting the second half of the taxes when dividends are declared creates incentive not to declare dividends, but to reinvest a large part of the net income back into the company.

This encourages growth, expansion and job creation. Which in turn increases the over all value of the stock and help stimulate the economy in general. In the end, the stock holder stands more to gain.

Unfortunately, the wisdom of this system is lost on short-sighted Conservatives.

The Bush tax reductions on dividends correspond to a marked lack of economic growth with simultaneous high profits.

But gutting the economy for the sake of immediate personal profits seems to be the Conservative modus operandi.

I guess 'Trickle-Down' was just a big joke on us all!

Fortunately people a lot smarter than you make policy.
Not all companies can reinvest their earnings profitably. It is, and should be, a corporate decision what to do, without gov't monkeying with it.

The Conservative point of view has been that taxing corporation's net income, then taxing dividends is double taxation, and therefore dividends should not be taxed.

My point of view is that that taxing corporation's net incomes, half as much as would otherwise be taxed, then collecting the second half of the taxes when dividends are declared creates incentive not to declare dividends, but to reinvest a large part of the net income back into the company.

This encourages growth, expansion and job creation. Which in turn increases the over all value of the stock and help stimulate the economy in general. In the end, the stock holder stands more to gain.

Unfortunately, the wisdom of this system is lost on short-sighted Conservatives.

The Bush tax reductions on dividends correspond to a marked lack of economic growth with simultaneous high profits.

But gutting the economy for the sake of immediate personal profits seems to be the Conservative modus operandi.

Not all companies can reinvest their earnings profitably. It is, and should be, a corporate decision what to do, without gov't monkeying with it.

The American people have produced more than 26% of the total wealth in this world. We are the hardest working and most productive people in the history of mankind. We protected capitalism for communism thru our hard work and sacrifice.

Everything that the wealthy own is because the the hard work of the American people.

And now you think that it's perfetly O.K. for the wealthy at their descretion to gut the economy that WE built. To put millions of Americans on the streets!

SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOUR PROFITS!!!

Your lucky that we don't go Stalinist on your worthless asses.

You should be thankful that we've found a way to balance the greed and fundamental immorality of capitalism thru the peaceful mechanisms of taxation and regulation.

How did it work out?
Six years of large increases in GDP and a market that rewarded many.
Why do you ask?

sigh...you are being so narrow minded and oviously are just sticking to a partisan without THOUGHT Rab...

Let me give you a hint....

The HOUSING BUBBLE

Now go get some coffee....

we lost 11 trillion in gdp overnight with the stock market crash last year....

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT with the economy, under president Bush....it was PHONY, FAKE, A BUBBLE.

Care
No, you are the one who cannot accept reality.
US GDP 2000:9,764,800,000,000
US. GDP 2008:14,204,322,000,000
Hmm $9.7T to $14.2T. Sounds like a 46% increase. Versus a maybe 10% decrease since the recession started.
I'[d suggest going back and checking your numbers. Check your stupid liberal assumptions at the door while you're at it.

Hmm...sounds like all the working people should have had a 46% increase in their incomes between 2000 & 2008.

But they didn't did they? I guess the word for it would be THEIVERY

The American people have produced more than 26% of the total wealth in this world. We are the hardest working and most productive people in the history of mankind. We protected capitalism for communism thru our hard work and sacrifice.

Everything that the wealthy own is because the the hard work of the American people.

And now you think that it's perfetly O.K. for the wealthy at their descretion to gut the economy that WE built. To put millions of Americans on the streets!

SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOUR PROFITS!!!

Your lucky that we don't go Stalinist on your worthless asses.

You should be thankful that we've found a way to balance the greed and fundamental immorality of capitalism thru the peaceful mechanisms of taxation and regulation.

Ooh, playing the commie card. I luv it! This is why we see Detroit auto workers living in abject poverty, right? Men who have easily, um um, OK zero college years still making a mere $65000 a year plus benefits. It's those capitalist exploiters at work.
I shouldn't be surprised that someone who obviously know zilch-nada about economics should be a commie.

How did it work out?
Six years of large increases in GDP and a market that rewarded many.
Why do you ask?

sigh...you are being so narrow minded and oviously are just sticking to a partisan without THOUGHT Rab...

Let me give you a hint....

The HOUSING BUBBLE

Now go get some coffee....

we lost 11 trillion in gdp overnight with the stock market crash last year....

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT with the economy, under president Bush....it was PHONY, FAKE, A BUBBLE.

Care
No, you are the one who cannot accept reality.
US GDP 2000:9,764,800,000,000
US. GDP 2008:14,204,322,000,000
Hmm $9.7T to $14.2T. Sounds like a 46% increase. Versus a maybe 10% decrease since the recession started.
I'[d suggest going back and checking your numbers. Check your stupid liberal assumptions at the door while you're at it.

In real dollars, inflation adjusted, fiscal year gdp accredited to president Bush is as follows....

3rd quarter 2001, when his presidential fiscal year began, the Current Dollar and REAL gdp was:

$11.340 Trillion

His fiscal year ending of gdp, using 2nd qtr 2009, for his Presidency, in current dollar and Real gdp is:

$12.901 Trillion

A 13.7% REAL increase in 8 years....so almost a 2% (1.7)increase each year

and we still lost $11 trillion in WEALTH in 2008 from the credit and housing market crashes....that brought our country to its knees.

Anyone can look at numbers on the surface and try to make things look good....but NO BUSINESS PERSON would ever just rely on superficial numbers without looking at the entire picture in the analysis imo.

Here is the government link to the numbers, on the right they have it by qtr, in "real dollars".

http://www.bea.gov/national/xls/gdplev.xls

here is the original government site:

BEA National Economic Accounts

Care

Forum List

Back