Divided we fail

sparky

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2008
paradise
Indiana faces wave of ’sovereign citizens’ who declare independence
An increasing number of Indiana residents are declaring themselves "sovereign citizens" and personally seceding from the United States, says a report from ABC channel 6 in Indianapolis.

By doing so, residents contend that they no longer have to pay taxes, claiming their homes as embassies and using identification cards that show them as diplomats, 6News' Rafael Sanchez reported.

Indiana authorities call such proclamations both illegitimate and illegal. About 10 people every month ask the state to put a seal on a document so that they can claim freedom from taxes.
Channel 6 profiled Donald Moore, a father of seven who has made himself "official- looking" identification that he says exempts him from U.S. laws and U.S. taxes by making him an "ambassador" to the United States.

The ID card "gives me diplomatic immunity," Moore said. "The way I understand it, the federal government is incorporated, and all the states are incorporated. This takes me out of the corporation."

Indiana faces wave of ’sovereign citizens’ who declare independence | Raw Story

lotta this going around these days, one can't help but wonder how the #'s of these sucessionists will impact our political theater should they continue to gain ground here....

What is it with all this "The government is a corporation" garbage lately? And what does that have to do with unilaterally exempting oneself from US sovereignty? It's so far off base I can't even follow the argument. Crazy people. :cuckoo:

Whatever. As long as they don't start bombing federal buildings. Fucking idiots.

Dividing one failing nation into to fifty failing nations doesn't sound like progress to me.

no, it's more like a sign of the overall system's decay when apathy gets the better of our (or any actually) citizenship's wish to go this route

but consider the magnitude of this mentality being fueled into something of a political party in of itself is, imho, an issue

for instance, i hear that over 1/2 the states have secessionist movements now.

they generally base their discontent on the loose philosophy that they can go it alone, vs. being tethered to an insolvent (think national debt) governance. but you confront these sorts on the math, and it basically folds fairly quick.

that said, here's your potential third party , warts and all , ripe for raping....

New Topics

Forum List

Back