Divide In Politics,Religion Unite On Other Subjects?

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
Is it possible to disagree on some things and agree on others? Or do we all have to carry around the things we don't like about each other to all the forums even as simple as music,gardening ,sports etc..

I can disagree with some on some things but there are other things that I can like about them too. Some here I totally disagree with their politics yet I like their choice of music and enjoy and learn from some of their comments in other forums.

If I like what you say in one thread or agree it doesn't mean I have to like all you say or do and vice versa.

I also try to understand young people more because many of us were democrats before 30 then once the mind matured went over to the other side or independant. Some were also republicans that went the other way. So who knows what tomorrow brings, love lift us up [good ol Joe Cocker,] LOL!

Thats all.

"If I like what you say in one thread or agree it doesn't mean I have to like all you say or do and vice versa."

You will find very, very little of that here.

The way that I look at it, this kind of matter depends on how a person feels about the different things that people agree and disagree on and how important each subject is to everyone. Two people may like the same music, but they don't agree on something that is more important to them than music is for example.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Is it possible to disagree on some things and agree on others? Or do we all have to carry around the things we don't like about each other to all the forums even as simple as music,gardening ,sports etc..

I can disagree with some on some things but there are other things that I can like about them too. Some here I totally disagree with their politics yet I like their choice of music and enjoy and learn from some of their comments in other forums.

If I like what you say in one thread or agree it doesn't mean I have to like all you say or do and vice versa.

I also try to understand young people more because many of us were democrats before 30 then once the mind matured went over to the other side or independant. Some were also republicans that went the other way. So who knows what tomorrow brings, love lift us up [good ol Joe Cocker,] LOL!

Thats all.

It's possible.

Yes, it's possible. I think one reason it doesn't happen often is that people sometimes hold grudges. A lost argument, a rude remark, a position that seems extreme, can sometimes be hard to turn off even when dealing with a completely different topic.

On a deeper level, though we may be multi faceted, one's view in certain matters is a reflection of character. It can be difficult to accept advice on even something trivial like growing tomatoes from someone we believe to be a moral monster.

"If I like what you say in one thread or agree it doesn't mean I have to like all you say or do and vice versa."

Haha, I think I will find very little of this anywhere this day and time. People are just getting plain mean now and taking their frustrations out on anyone in their path.

Especially the opposites like libs and evem most Christians. You don't beleive like soem and your a Hitler supporter or Holocaust denier. Well I am neither oen but I'm also not for all the jewish groups like ACLU, ADL, SPLC or their allies CAIR, NAACP.

I know the evil Holocaust happened and I beleive in equal rights for all including whites.

I don't think Zionism has anything to do with Hebrew law or anything else. But I was attacked with a vengence on another site for my opinions.

Intolerant liberals are just as bad. This kind of crap is what closign down great forum sites. Cliques acting like packs of dogs instead of just agreeing to disagree. So it gets carried around all over the site until people start leaving.

I can get heated in a debate but on other threads I can be socialble and not bring the difference around to all threads.

Yes, it's possible. I think one reason it doesn't happen often is that people sometimes hold grudges. A lost argument, a rude remark, a position that seems extreme, can sometimes be hard to turn off even when dealing with a completely different topic.

On a deeper level, though we may be multi faceted, one's view in certain matters is a reflection of character. It can be difficult to accept advice on even something trivial like growing tomatoes from someone we believe to be a moral monster.

So in other words just hate everyone you politically disagree with? No common ground wharsoever?

I think there is good in everyone even libs,lol. But some people just stay mad.

So in other words just hate everyone you politically disagree with? No common ground wharsoever?

I think there is good in everyone even libs,lol. But some people just stay mad.
Pardon me. I somehow got the notion that you wanted a serious response to your question. I offered one. That you didn't actually read it, is out of my control.

Haha, I think I will find very little of this anywhere this day and time. People are just getting plain mean now and taking their frustrations out on anyone in their path.

Especially the opposites like libs and evem most Christians. You don't beleive like soem and your a Hitler supporter or Holocaust denier. Well I am neither oen but I'm also not for all the jewish groups like ACLU, ADL, SPLC or their allies CAIR, NAACP.

I know the evil Holocaust happened and I beleive in equal rights for all including whites.

I don't think Zionism has anything to do with Hebrew law or anything else. But I was attacked with a vengence on another site for my opinions.

Intolerant liberals are just as bad. This kind of crap is what closign down great forum sites. Cliques acting like packs of dogs instead of just agreeing to disagree. So it gets carried around all over the site until people start leaving.

I can get heated in a debate but on other threads I can be socialble and not bring the difference around to all threads.

It will be fine. After the election, tension will ease off for a lot of people. Then there are the holidays and everyone kind of relaxes. Some. What.

We might even hit a dent real soon of people who just get tired of all the noise and are ready to take a break. Hang in there.

Forum List

Back