Diversity or Competency?

What is most important, diversity or competency?

• Competence, because lives depend upon it.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Diversity, because its politically correct.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
On MSNBC the dems were whining that Boehner appointed 29 old white guys to be committee chairmen.
I don't know how that works, if its based strictly on seniority, or party loyalty, but either way, shouldn't the most qualified person get the job?

Lets take a poll. Years ago the fire commander tests were under fire since no minorities could qualify. The tests were fair, but the scores were the scores.

What is more important "diversity" or "competency"?

Competency used to be more important, not as much now.

Raise standards and expectations and you'll see people's competencies rise with them. Skin color irrelevant.

Not holding my breath, though, there's one helluva cottage industry keeping standards and expectations down.

Competency used to be more important, not as much now.

Raise standards and expectations and you'll see people's competencies rise with them. Skin color irrelevant.

Not holding my breath, though, there's one helluva cottage industry keeping standards and expectations down.

Is it easier to become a " fill in the blank " now than it was 50 years ago? Were "fill in the blank" more competent 50 years ago than they are today?

I think not. Diversity has not come at the expense of competency.

Anyone who lives in the real world knows the question is irrelevant. What's more important: who you know or competency? What's more important who fits your internal view or competency? What's more important your friends or competency? Lots more qualifications, but if you take notice even the brain-dead republicans know image matters and diversity matters, check out the woman [women] who stands just behind Bonehead in every interview today. You think they are just props? Wake up and smell the reality.

Competency.

This is why I never buy the argument about minorities not being able to get documents to cast a vote. If you can't clear the most basic hurdles of citizenry, I'm sorry but we don't need to hear from you at the polls.

While diversity is the only equalizer in society and it should never be under estimated as a force for good, core competencies are much more valuable.

The last Congress to balance budgets were mostly old white guys.

Unless the measure of 'competency' means ability to give away free gubmint stuff.

Last edited:
Liberals are all for diversity when it comes to how folks look and act.
But they oppose diversity of ideas and thoughts. You are labeled a racist, woman hater, homophobe and worse if you dare not agree with them.
Real diversity is treating everyone the same including those with different ideas and thought.
Liberals do not fully support diversity.

Competency can promote diversity. The mistake is made due to people making diversity as the opposing force to exclusion. The problem is they do not see that merely removing exclusion would allow diversity to happen naturally by way of promoting competency.

Instead progressives try to force diversity, regardless of competency, or often common sense.

The issue with Republicans is....What happened?

The GOP convention was filled with enthusiastic minorities. Their key speakers were women, hispanics, blacks and Indians. They bragged about their diversity....Romney had "Binders full of Women"

But when it comes time to fill positions of responsibility, they are nowhere to be found

The issue with Republicans is....What happened?

The GOP convention was filled with enthusiastic minorities. Their key speakers were women, hispanics, blacks and Indians. They bragged about their diversity....Romney had "Binders full of Women"

But when it comes time to fill positions of responsibility, they are nowhere to be found

They are too busy being governors in Louisiana and South Carolina.

Anyone who lives in the real world knows the question is irrelevant. What's more important: who you know or competency? What's more important who fits your internal view or competency? What's more important your friends or competency? Lots more qualifications, but if you take notice even the brain-dead republicans know image matters and diversity matters, check out the woman [women] who stands just behind Bonehead in every interview today. You think they are just props? Wake up and smell the reality.

Evidently what you consider the "real world" is very different than what millions of others see it as, because YES, the question is VERY RELEVANT.

And the answer is *COMPETENCY."*

Check your libroid hack bull shit at the door once and awhile and actually THINK, FOCUS on the question instead of how you can DIVERT AND SPIN to distract people away from the truth of you liberals failures and bad ideas.

But they oppose diversity of ideas and thoughts. You are labeled a racist, woman hater, homophobe and worse if you dare not agree with them.
Real diversity is treating everyone the same including those with different ideas and thought.

I was at a wedding ceremony this past weekend. Well, it was a wedding party; not a wedding. Wanna know why?

Because conservative neaderthals like many here oppose same-sex marriages. The couple whom was married flew to New York so they could get legally married and would be able to share in such extravagances as survivor benefits, each other's insurance plans, tax benefits, etc..

You should shut the fuck up.

I was at a wedding ceremony this past weekend. Well, it was a wedding party; not a wedding. Wanna know why?

Because conservative neaderthals like many here oppose same-sex marriages. The couple whom was married flew to New York so they could get legally married and would be able to share in such extravagances as survivor benefits, each other's insurance plans, tax benefits, etc..

I support gay marriage 100%.

Good. You should drag some of your buddies out of the dark ages with you or do you not think that is a problem for the GOP? Gay marriage was ratified in a few states this go 'round. The tide has turned and it's not going back.

Good for you.

Good. You should drag some of your buddies out of the dark ages with you or do you not think that is a problem for the GOP? Gay marriage was ratified in a few states this go 'round. The tide has turned and it's not going back.

Good for you.

"You should shut the fuck up" is a terrible way to attempt to sway folks to your way of thinking.
Never go with your first thought, hold that one as that first thought will get you in the shits more times than not.
And quit prejudging others as that comment reflects that flaw.
Win more with honey than vinegar. Not my job to drag anyone my way. They change themselves just like I did.

On MSNBC the dems were whining that Boehner appointed 29 old white guys to be committee chairmen.
I don't know how that works, if its based strictly on seniority, or party loyalty, but either way, shouldn't the most qualified person get the job?

Lets take a poll. Years ago the fire commander tests were under fire since no minorities could qualify. The tests were fair, but the scores were the scores.

What is more important "diversity" or "competency"?

1. They are not mutually exclusive;

2. Both are important;

3. I suggest you look at who the initial appointments were, their qualifications and compare to the qualifications of each and every other member of congress.
a. failure to consider #3 suggests to me that the OP has a hidden (not so well hidden) agenda.

Forum List

Back