Diversity is a Weakness, Not a Strength

For perspective, understand that the OP believes that discriminating on the basis of race should be a right.
It does no such thing, moron.

I'm talking about YOU.

YOU believe that a business should have the RIGHT to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

YOU believe that a business should have the RIGHT to refuse to hire anyone for any reason.
As does anyone who believes in the right of “freedom of association”.

That has nothing to do with freedom of association.

But see, people? The conservatives around here one after another endorse racism and many other forms of bigotry and discrimination.

they aren't "conservatives". they are reactionary white supremacists

For perspective, understand that the OP believes that discriminating on the basis of race should be a right.

I'm talking about YOU.

YOU believe that a business should have the RIGHT to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

YOU believe that a business should have the RIGHT to refuse to hire anyone for any reason.

But see, people? The conservatives around here one after another endorse racism and many other forms of bigotry and discrimination.
Of course it does, turd.

It is a right. In fact it is one of the most natural “rights” discussed on this forum; as it is a right that cannot be taken away from you. It can only be penalized.

I guess that makes rape and murder rights.

lol, see how these conservatives think?????
Wrong. Rape and murder are crimes. Holding personal preferences, or biases, is not. Congratulations on the weak retort. It suits you.

You said discrimination is a natural right that can only be penalized. That is what you believe murder is.
You have enough trouble speaking for yourself. As such I’ll reserve the task of speaking for me; for myself. And “yes” it is not only a natural right; it is a natural course of action. Every person wakes in the morning and continually discriminates through out the day. It is how decisions are made. Failure to discriminate effectively can, and has resulted in disaster, and even death. Discrimination is such a basic premise that even animals do it. It is essential for a successful life. And it is something for which I make no apologies.
So have a drink; and think it over...View attachment 155875
And please... Don’t discriminate...

Your backtracking is making you look like a fool.
No. You just cannot remain focused on the discussion. Or more appropriately, you wish to change the course of discussion in order to obfuscate the ingnorance you’ve posted on this matter. And while such feeble attempts may meet with some success amongst your peers; it will change nothing in the eyes of your intellectual betters. Namely me...

The snowflakes have been bleating aobut the wonders of "diversity" ever since I can remember. However, it's actually a big lie, in the Goebbels sense of the term. Here's an interesting article that explains why it's bullshit. We don't benefit from immigration. We are positively harmed by it.

"Diversity is a strength” is one of those Orwellian maxims that’s just generally accepted as truth by most Americans despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Granted, if you’re talking about a DIVERSITY OF IDEAS, you can certainly come up with some situations where it’s a strength. For example, in the movie World War Z, Israel is saved (at least temporarily) by having a “tenth man” whose job is to forcefully argue for the alternative viewpoint to a situation where everyone agrees. So instead of laughing off the idea that Israel might face a zombie invasion, Israelis realized there was merit to it and was prepared in time to protect the country. Back in the real world, the NFL certainly could have used someone pointing out the potential long-term downsides of allowing players disrespect the flag when just Colin Kaepernick was doing it. Donald Trump might benefit from a diversity of opinions when he’s about to tweet about Rosie O’Donnell or Mark Cuban at 4 AM. The Democrat Party could certainly use the input of a few random white factory workers from flyover country about the latest rhetoric and proposals they’re about to pitch.

On the other hand, even when diversity of thought is useful, it’s only in limited doses. The New York Yankees don’t want players who think the Boston Red Sox should win the pennant. A Republican President doesn’t want a Democrat in his Cabinet who will undermine him at every opportunity. Our military doesn’t want soldiers hoping the other side will defeat us in a war.

All that being said, when most people talk about “diversity,” they don’t mean a diversity of ideas. They believe a Hispanic guy, a black guy, a transsexual and a woman bring something to the table just by virtue of their race or gender.

This is seldom true.

For example, it is true that a group of white economists working on tax policy could benefit from having Thomas Sowell come out of retirement to join their ranks, but that’s because he’s Thomas freakin’ Sowell, not because he’s black. An all-Hispanic baseball team would benefit from adding Mike Trout to its roster, but it’s because he can play, not because of his white perspective. An all-female start-up would be lucky to get Bill Gates on board, not because he can mansplain things to them, but because he has lots of friends with infinite amounts of money who might invest if he’s on board.

In fact, diversity is often a huge minus. The new black employee may claim you discriminated against him, even if he’s fired for legitimate reasons. The woman may sue for sexual harassment after seeing a swimsuit calendar on some random guy’s wall. The Satanist you hire may call it religious discrimination if you don’t offer him a goat to sacrifice to Lucifer on Halloween.

Diversity can work just fine, but only if there’s strong pressure on people to assimilate to the existing culture. That’s why our very diverse military functions so well. However, we don’t have those conditions in America as a whole. Instead, we have liberals promoting tribalism and grievance mongering non-stop. In other words, every racial, sexual and religious difference is used as a way to split people further apart. Many of the same people who claim diversity is a strength will also tell you white people can’t understand the concerns of black Americans, men are oppressing women and women who don’t want to share a bathroom with a transsexual man are bigots.

You're quoting a blog which uses an example from a television show about a zombie apocalypse to make political point about diversity???? Are you really that stupid??

As for Republican Presidents having Democrats in cabinet, and vice versa, it happens all of the time, and quite successfully too, going back to George Washington and continuing to President Obama.

List of United States political appointments across party lines - Wikipedia

There really is no cure for stupid.

I'm talking about YOU.

Yeah, right, and if you are against using Dr Quacksalver's magic cancer cream on Uncle Julius, that means you want him to die of cancer. That's the logic of scum like you.

Wrong. Rape and murder are crimes. Holding personal preferences, or biases, is not. Congratulations on the weak retort. It suits you.

You said discrimination is a natural right that can only be penalized. That is what you believe murder is.
You have enough trouble speaking for yourself. As such I’ll reserve the task of speaking for me; for myself. And “yes” it is not only a natural right; it is a natural course of action. Every person wakes in the morning and continually discriminates through out the day. It is how decisions are made. Failure to discriminate effectively can, and has resulted in disaster, and even death. Discrimination is such a basic premise that even animals do it. It is essential for a successful life. And it is something for which I make no apologies.

in other words, it's an accurate representation

What a fool like that doesn't understand is that rights in the context he's referring to are rights that governments are supposed to secure.

He wants our government to protect his right to refuse to hire a black person, or a gay person, otherwise best qualified for a job,
simply because he's bigoted against blacks and gays, or in some other sense doesn't want them around.

And he thinks that's what our Constitution was meant for.

I'm talking about YOU.

Yeah, right, and if you are against using Dr Quacksalver's magic cancer cream on Uncle Julius, that means you want him to die of cancer. That's the logic of scum like you.

You want the government to protect the right to be racist.

The snowflakes have been bleating aobut the wonders of "diversity" ever since I can remember. However, it's actually a big lie, in the Goebbels sense of the term. Here's an interesting article that explains why it's bullshit. We don't benefit from immigration. We are positively harmed by it.

"Diversity is a strength” is one of those Orwellian maxims that’s just generally accepted as truth by most Americans despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Granted, if you’re talking about a DIVERSITY OF IDEAS, you can certainly come up with some situations where it’s a strength. For example, in the movie World War Z, Israel is saved (at least temporarily) by having a “tenth man” whose job is to forcefully argue for the alternative viewpoint to a situation where everyone agrees. So instead of laughing off the idea that Israel might face a zombie invasion, Israelis realized there was merit to it and was prepared in time to protect the country. Back in the real world, the NFL certainly could have used someone pointing out the potential long-term downsides of allowing players disrespect the flag when just Colin Kaepernick was doing it. Donald Trump might benefit from a diversity of opinions when he’s about to tweet about Rosie O’Donnell or Mark Cuban at 4 AM. The Democrat Party could certainly use the input of a few random white factory workers from flyover country about the latest rhetoric and proposals they’re about to pitch.

On the other hand, even when diversity of thought is useful, it’s only in limited doses. The New York Yankees don’t want players who think the Boston Red Sox should win the pennant. A Republican President doesn’t want a Democrat in his Cabinet who will undermine him at every opportunity. Our military doesn’t want soldiers hoping the other side will defeat us in a war.

All that being said, when most people talk about “diversity,” they don’t mean a diversity of ideas. They believe a Hispanic guy, a black guy, a transsexual and a woman bring something to the table just by virtue of their race or gender.

This is seldom true.

For example, it is true that a group of white economists working on tax policy could benefit from having Thomas Sowell come out of retirement to join their ranks, but that’s because he’s Thomas freakin’ Sowell, not because he’s black. An all-Hispanic baseball team would benefit from adding Mike Trout to its roster, but it’s because he can play, not because of his white perspective. An all-female start-up would be lucky to get Bill Gates on board, not because he can mansplain things to them, but because he has lots of friends with infinite amounts of money who might invest if he’s on board.

In fact, diversity is often a huge minus. The new black employee may claim you discriminated against him, even if he’s fired for legitimate reasons. The woman may sue for sexual harassment after seeing a swimsuit calendar on some random guy’s wall. The Satanist you hire may call it religious discrimination if you don’t offer him a goat to sacrifice to Lucifer on Halloween.

Diversity can work just fine, but only if there’s strong pressure on people to assimilate to the existing culture. That’s why our very diverse military functions so well. However, we don’t have those conditions in America as a whole. Instead, we have liberals promoting tribalism and grievance mongering non-stop. In other words, every racial, sexual and religious difference is used as a way to split people further apart. Many of the same people who claim diversity is a strength will also tell you white people can’t understand the concerns of black Americans, men are oppressing women and women who don’t want to share a bathroom with a transsexual man are bigots.

You're quoting a blog which uses an example from a television show about a zombie apocalypse to make political point about diversity???? Are you really that stupid??

As for Republican Presidents having Democrats in cabinet, and vice versa, it happens all of the time, and quite successfully too, going back to George Washington and continuing to President Obama.

You're proof of that. There's nothing stupider than communism, yet you are all for it.

The source of the information isn't relevant. You can accept the argument on it's merits or not. You have done nothing to discredit it except resort to logical fallacies.

In George Washington's day it wasn't nearly so dangerous because at least the parties had the same goal: the welfare of the United States. However these days one of the parties is intent on destroying this country and enslaving eveyrone in it.

Last edited:

No. You just cannot remain focused on the discussion. Or more appropriately, you wish to change the course of discussion in order to obfuscate the ingnorance you’ve posted on this matter. And while such feeble attempts may meet with some success amongst your peers; it will change nothing in the eyes of your intellectual betters. Namely me...

Murder is not a natural right. That is why we punish people for doing it.

Discrimination is a not a natural right. That is why we punish people for doing it.

What a fool like that doesn't understand is that rights in the context he's referring to are rights that governments are supposed to secure.

He wants our government to protect his right to refuse to hire a black person, or a gay person, otherwise best qualified for a job,
simply because he's bigoted against blacks and gays, or in some other sense doesn't want them around.

yup... which is why it's the obligation of decent people to show ignorant idiots that their brand of bigotry isn't to be tolerated in decent society.

they used to know to keep their mouths shut.. .then the orange sociopath took power

I'm talking about YOU.

You want the government to protect the right to be racist.

Yes, you have that right. Rights aren't limited to things only morons like you approve of.

Murder is not a natural right. That is why we punish people for doing it.

Discrimination is a not a natural right. That is why we punish people for doing it.

Yes, actuall, discrimination is a natural right. It's been happening for thousands of years, and no one every claimed there was anything wrong with it until the invention of the modern dumb fuck liberal.

Do you think women should be forced to marry black men if they don't want to?

Which is precisely what the government should do. When it guarantees the freedom of association; it was written with the intent of allowing people to freely congregate at will. What was never written nor intended by the phrase “freedom of association”, was the forcing against ones will, the association with those, one would rather avoid. That’s where the “freedom” part comes into play. Both parties must be acting of their own free will. Why do you hate freedom?

yup... which is why it's the obligation of decent people to show ignorant idiots that their brand of bigotry isn't to be tolerated in decent society.

they used to know to keep their mouths shut.. .then the orange sociopath took power
This country used to believe in the right of free association until morons like you got the right to vote.

This is seldom true.

You're proof of that. There's nothing stupider than communism, yet you are all for it.

The source of the information isn't relevant. Yu can accept the argument on it's merits or not. You have done nothing to discredit it except resort to logical fallacies.

In George Washington's day it wasn't nearly so dangerous because at least the parties had the same goal: the welfare of the United States. However these days one of the parties is intent on destroying this country and enslaving eveyrone in it.

Remember the good old days on this forum when the RWnuts would repeatedly condemn Democrats by referring back to the RACIST Democrats who, for example, opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Now as you see here, one after another, the RW'ers are admitting that THEY themselves STILL oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Which is precisely what the government should do. When it guarantees the freedom of association; it was written with the intent of allowing people to freely congregate at will. What was never written nor intended by the phrase “freedom of association”, was the forcing against ones will, the association with those, one would rather avoid. That’s where the “freedom” part comes into play. Both parties must be acting of their own free will. Why do you hate freedom?

Since laws against discrimination are repeatedly held up as CONSTITUTIONAL, you don't know what you're talking about.

it guarantees freedom of association... but not in the business world.

you don't want to share restaurants with black people or jews or gays.... don't go out to eat.

you can be as disgusting a bigot as you want.... in your own "home"

This is seldom true.

The source of the information isn't relevant. Yu can accept the argument on it's merits or not. You have done nothing to discredit it except resort to logical fallacies.

Remember the good old days on this forum when the RWnuts would repeatedly condemn Democrats by referring back to the RACIST Democrats who, for example, opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Now as you see here, one after another, the RW'ers are admitting that THEY themselves STILL oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I support making it illegal for government to discriminate. However, private citizens should be able to do what they like so long as they are not using force or fraud against other people. That's called freedom. It used to be what this country was all about.

it guarantees freedom of association... but not in the business world.

you don't want to share restaurants with black people or jews or gays.... don't go out to eat.

you can be as disgusting a bigot as you want.... in your own "home"

Who made you dictator?

Forum List

Back