Dithering-Withering Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Scathing rebuke of Obama's quite odd delay in forming a response to the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day. Perhaps his teleprompter was not available for comment until the following Monday?

___

By now, you’ve heard the news. On Christmas Day, a 23-year-old Nigerian named Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried to blow a full Northwest Airlines jet out of the air above Detroit. The only events that stopped this from happening were courageous passengers and a faulty explosive device. If either one of these two events had not taken place, nearly 300 passengers and crew would be dead, and immeasurable collateral damage would have occurred on the ground in Michigan. What you did not hear between this attempted attack on our nation and 3:00 pm EST Monday, was President Obama’s voice. Over 72 hours; almost three days later.

...And what was the President doing since Friday morning? He played a round of golf. He went to the gym. He played a game of basketball. He went to the beach. He went out to dinner with friends. He picked up a new game, tennis. All very acceptable and time-consuming pursuits on an event-free vacation. Nobody begrudges a young father spending time with his family over the holidays.

But the Office of the President bears some extra responsibility and yes, burden. As former White House Deputy Press Secretary Scott Stanzel astutely points out, this was a president who was woken from sleep at 6:00 am to learn he had won the Nobel Peace Prize but wasn’t even informed of this attack on our homeland for over two hours. And if anyone knows the President’s priorities, it is his closest advisors.

_____

Opposing Views: OPINION:Obama Waits 3 Days to Comment on Terrorist Attempt

The message boards are afire with disdain over Obama's highly selective idea of an "emergency"...

___

Stand Down!!!

Obama returns to Golf Game.

CNN Reports Obama's child nephew hurt and rushed to Hospital, no details on injury.

NO BIG DEAL TO OBAMA, HE RETURNS TO FINISH GAME!

Michelle must have told him to come or he surely would have Pondered on it a while.

If Obama ever leaves the Coarse early and doesn't return, TAKE COVER!!!!

drdkmolar
Took him 3 days to respond to the terrorist attack in Detroit but a matter of minutes when his boyfriend is hurt.... Where is his priorities?
NOT the American People!!!!!!!!!

Obama friend's child injured, golf interrupted (AP) - Yahoo! News - Yahoo! Buzz

Remember when the military recruiting shooting took place - again by a Jihadist...

___

Finally: Obama’s limp statement on the jihadi attack in Arkansas
By Michelle Malkin • June 3, 2009 09:30 PM The White House finally got around to releasing a statement on the jihadi attack against our troops at the Arkansas military recruitment center.

Here is the entire statement:

“I am deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence against two brave young soldiers who were doing their part to strengthen our armed forces and keep our country safe. I would like to wish Quinton Ezeagwula a speedy recovery, and to offer my condolences and prayers to William Long’s family as they mourn the loss of their son.”

“Senseless?” It made perfectly good sense to a vengeful Muslim convert jihadi bent on “killing as many people in the Army as he could.”

...Caleb Howe is underwhelmed:

“It’s in keeping with the Obama administration’s passive language, such as the euphemisms “overseas contingency operation” or “man-caused disaster” … Obama’s statement on the murder of Pvt. William A. Long is just as passive in voice and blame. He’s not outraged, he’s saddened. Not by someone who committed a “heinous act” but rather by a senseless violence. It might have been a bolt of lightning for all the pushback Obama has to share.

He waits three days and then the best he can muster is an abstract sadness at something that, judging by his statement, might well have been a mere accident of fate…
____

Michelle Malkin » Finally: Obama’s limp statement on the jihadi attack in Arkansas

It would appear that history has in some ways repeated itself yet again with Mr. Obama...

Scathing rebuke of Obama's quite odd delay in forming a response to the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day. Perhaps his teleprompter was not available for comment until the following Monday?

___

By now, you’ve heard the news. On Christmas Day, a 23-year-old Nigerian named Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried to blow a full Northwest Airlines jet out of the air above Detroit. The only events that stopped this from happening were courageous passengers and a faulty explosive device. If either one of these two events had not taken place, nearly 300 passengers and crew would be dead, and immeasurable collateral damage would have occurred on the ground in Michigan. What you did not hear between this attempted attack on our nation and 3:00 pm EST Monday, was President Obama’s voice. Over 72 hours; almost three days later.

...And what was the President doing since Friday morning? He played a round of golf. He went to the gym. He played a game of basketball. He went to the beach. He went out to dinner with friends. He picked up a new game, tennis. All very acceptable and time-consuming pursuits on an event-free vacation. Nobody begrudges a young father spending time with his family over the holidays.

But the Office of the President bears some extra responsibility and yes, burden. As former White House Deputy Press Secretary Scott Stanzel astutely points out, this was a president who was woken from sleep at 6:00 am to learn he had won the Nobel Peace Prize but wasn’t even informed of this attack on our homeland for over two hours. And if anyone knows the President’s priorities, it is his closest advisors.

_____

When you are POTUS, you need to carry your pager with you and respond fairly quickly, just like a physician on call would. I don't think that Obama gets that. He treats this position like a 30-40 hour work week with weekends off and un-interupted vacation time. I think it upsets him to have his personal activities interupted by a mere almost happened terrorist attack. Do ya think we might have elected the wrong guy for POTUS???? Because I certainly do.:lol:

___

_____

When you are POTUS, you need to carry your pager with you and respond fairly quickly, just like a physician on call would. I don't think that Obama gets that. He treats this position like a 30-40 hour work week with weekends off and un-interupted vacation time. I think it upsets him to have his personal activities interupted by a mere almost happened terrorist attack. Do ya think we might have elected the wrong guy for POTUS???? Because I certainly do.:lol:

It seems clear his words - and intent, are so often not his own.

He awaited the word from the White House and then mouthed them for six or seven minutes, and then quickly went back to golfing, or swimming, or sleeping, etc...

___

_____

It seems clear his words - and intent, are so often not his own.

He awaited the word from the White House and then mouthed them for six or seven minutes, and then quickly went back to golfing, or swimming, or sleeping, etc...

Maybe he is planning a surprise beer summit with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab and the passengers of the plane, yeah that must be it

___

_____

Come now Maple. After all. He is first and formost a ROCK STAR.

So who does the GOP have that can defeat Obama in 2012? Would the old man run again...Flalin Palin, or would Rush finally get off the airwaves and put his mouth where his money....or drugs where his mou...or whatever.

If a Martian were to come down and read certain media sources, they would come to the conclusion this Obama person is responsible for everything, or everyone in America was named Obama as one person hardly has time for all this work. I can't figure out why this Obama person wasn't guarding the airport and on the plane too. Can you?

If a Martian were to come down and read certain media sources, they would come to the conclusion this Obama person is responsible for everything, or everyone in America was named Obama as one person hardly has time for all this work. I can't figure out why this Obama person wasn't guarding the airport and on the plane too. Can you?

___

NO - folks just wondering why Obama dithered yet again for more than three days prior to finally commenting. And in commenting, Obama gave yet another weak-ass response while his Homeland Security Head is stating all went well prior to backtracking on that asinine comment the same day.

Within a year of Obama being president we have seen a series of smaller scale, but deadly, terrorist attacks on American soil. This latest attack, if successful, would have killed hundreds. The Christmas terrorist, much like the Fort Hood terrorist, had direct ties to Mulsim fanatics. He was likely trained and provided the means to kill hundreds of innocents by members affiliated with Al Qaeda.

Obama's repeated reactive weakness will surely provoke more attacks. Sadly, some of these attacks will likely prove far more deadly.

America has unwisely returned to a pre-9-11 mentality, and we are none the safer for it.

We are at war. These attacks are not being committed by criminals. They are being committed by fanatical agenda-driven Muslim terrorists.

___

NO - folks just wondering why Obama dithered yet again for more than three days prior to finally commenting. And in commenting, Obama gave yet another weak-ass response while his Homeland Security Head is stating all went well prior to backtracking on that asinine comment the same day.

Within a year of Obama being president we have seen a series of smaller scale, but deadly, terrorist attacks on American soil. This latest attack, if successful, would have killed hundreds. The Christmas terrorist, much like the Fort Hood terrorist, had direct ties to Mulsim fanatics. He was likely trained and provided the means to kill hundreds of innocents by members affiliated with Al Qaeda.

Obama's repeated reactive weakness will surely provoke more attacks. Sadly, some of these attacks will likely prove far more deadly.

America has unwisely returned to a pre-9-11 mentality, and we are none the safer for it.

We are at war. These attacks are not being committed by criminals. They are being committed by fanatical agenda-driven Muslim terrorists.

I'm just confused why the guy was picking up scats of dog. Is the dog the ruler?

It is his JOB to address these types of issues. You know where I was during Christmas. I was fucking fighting the god damn terrorists, haven’t seen MY family in months and this motherfucker can’t even ADRESS THE GOD DAMN NATION when an event like this happens for three damn days. I have to be up, dressed and ready and at work IN UNDER 30 MINUTES at the drop of a hat for anything. He is the POTUS and is on call at ALL TIMES. It is disgusting what he has done to the position.

It is his JOB to address these types of issues. You know where I was during Christmas. I was fucking fighting the god damn terrorists, haven’t seen MY family in months and this motherfucker can’t even ADRESS THE GOD DAMN NATION when an event like this happens for three damn days. I have to be up, dressed and ready and at work IN UNDER 30 MINUTES at the drop of a hat for anything. He is the POTUS and is on call at ALL TIMES. It is disgusting what he has done to the position.

I find it disturbingly amazing the number of posters that accept the days delay in a response by the president on a terror attack and decision to deal with it as a criminal matter. On the other hand, they can reply in minutes by a 'attack' by the former Vice-President of the US.

Forum List

Back