Ditch The Cable?

Not to mention how they choke you down for 24 hours if you watch any video.

By the way Maddie, you can get Netflix and send it to your TV through your computer, or get one of the new internet TVs. You do not need a Wii or an XBox to watch it.

Can I hook the pc to the tv and watch it in the bedroom? (PC is new, tv is old.)

Thankies, Quantum Windbag.

Depending on the output on the pc, and the input on the tv, yes.

Most TV's (even old tube ones) have rca inputs on them. Your pc might not have the right kind of video output though.

Is there a way to tell, Radio? Some special plug I could look for?

Can I hook the pc to the tv and watch it in the bedroom? (PC is new, tv is old.)

Most TV's (even old tube ones) have rca inputs on them. Your pc might not have the right kind of video output though.

On the back of the TV, there should be a red, white and yellow inputs:

rca-inputs.jpg

If your PC has the same outputs (they look identical), then you're in business with very little trouble.

If your pc only has a vga output:

notebook_vga_port.jpg

Then you will need a special cord that has a vga plug on one end, and rca plugs on the other. I've never needed such a cord, so I don't even know if they make them honestly.

There are other plugs/connections, but I'm just suggesting the ones that are most common.

rca-inputs.jpg

If your PC has the same outputs (they look identical), then you're in business with very little trouble.

notebook_vga_port.jpg

Then you will need a special cord that has a vga plug on one end, and rca plugs on the other. I've never needed such a cord, so I don't even know if they make them honestly.

There are other plugs/connections, but I'm just suggesting the ones that are most common.

O I am so happy! Thankies, you dahlin' man.

Yes, you canhazaxbox. Tell Mrs. Radio I said so, LOL.

rca-inputs.jpg

notebook_vga_port.jpg

Yeahhh.....about that.....you gotta buy it for me though..... :)

That way I can tell the wife that it was a gift, and we can't return gifts.

rca-inputs.jpg

notebook_vga_port.jpg

It is more complicated that a simple connector.
They do sell them, but you will be considerably less than pleased with the result.
There is resolution to consider - that is how the video is displayed HZ and VT without distortion and without skew in the image.
And then if your video card has enough memory to be able to display video without hesitation/flickering...most computers do not.

rca-inputs.jpg

notebook_vga_port.jpg

Under $200. Not terrible. This is it, correct?

Microsoft Xbox 360 S Game console - Glossy black

Does this mean you no longer want the ermine fedora we discussed?

Actually about $300. That $188 price online is for an add-on to the core system.

No fedora....XBox, XBox, XBox.... :eusa_drool:

rca-inputs.jpg

notebook_vga_port.jpg

vga to rca items - Get great deals on Computers Networking, Electronics items on eBay.com!

Actually about $300. That $188 price online is for an add-on to the core system.

and dont forget the Kinnex box

and dont forget the Kinnex box

Greed is not pretty, gentlemen.

I'll buy all that my christmas cookie bake sale proceeds allow, I promise.

At least you got options. Where I'm at, in the boonies, I have to get satellite iinternet at $73 a month for the basic package. That just internet! From Hughes net. AT&T only has hard line phone service here and no DSL (old phone lines) but I heard Verizon might be getting wireless out here and from what I hear Verizon is better than AT&T.

Not to mention how they choke you down for 24 hours if you watch any video.

By the way Maddie, you can get Netflix and send it to your TV through your computer, or get one of the new internet TVs. You do not need a Wii or an XBox to watch it.

Almost definitely. I would need to know the exact model of your PC and TV to tell you how but it is possible. I can run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and watch whatever I want.

Forum List

Back