Disturbing Rape Case

manu1959 said:
not true .... you said that the burden of proof has shifted to the defendant

*Sigh* THIS was the quote...read the bolded area...

He doesn't have to prove his "innocence". He admitted to one of the elements of the case, which is sex with the woman. If she can prove, by her testimony, that it was against her will, the burdern of proof then shifts to the Defendant to show that it was consensual, by his testimony and/or the testimony of the witnesses.

Pssssssssssst...even the left of center get to be correct sometimes. :bye1:

jillian said:
*Sigh* THIS was the quote...read the bolded area...

Pssssssssssst...even the left of center get to be correct sometimes. :bye1:

you are correct what you posted is what you said

what you bolded is not what i posted....your claim was... you posted the same as I....i posted that the burden of proof never shifts to the defendant....you claim is that it has.....

i say no

he has claimed consensual and will present his case as such....thus no crime....he has witnesses to back him up...she needs to prove otherwise.....innocent until proven guilty....

be right all you want but at least admit when you are not correct...i did not post what you posted

manu1959 said:
you are correct what you posted is what you said

what you bolded is not what i posted....your claim was... you posted the same as I....i posted that the burden of proof never shifts to the defendant....you claim is that it has.....

i say no

he has claimed consensual and will present his case as such....thus no crime....he has witnesses to back him up...she needs to prove otherwise.....innocent until proven guilty....

be right all you want but at least admit when you are not correct...i did not post what you posted

I have no problem acknowledging when I've misread or when I'm wrong. I said IF she can prove it wasn't consensual THEN the burden shifts.

It's really quite a neat syllogism... If...then ;)

jillian said:
I have no problem acknowledging when I've misread or when I'm wrong. I said IF she can prove it wasn't consensual THEN the burden shifts.

It's really quite a neat syllogism... If...then ;)

interesting therory.....stipulating that they had sex is a no brainer...there were three witnesses...they all claim consensual....she has now sobered up and claimed rape....she has to prove rape beyond a reasonable doubt....he does'nt have to prove consensual

manu1959 said:
interesting therory.....stipulating that they had sex is a no brainer...there were three witnesses...they all claim consensual....she has now sobered up and claimed rape....she has to prove rape beyond a reasonable doubt....he does'nt have to prove consensual

She did say IF Manu..IF she PROVES that it wasn't consenual, then the defendant better have all his i's dotted and t's crossed or he is in deep stum!

Forum List

Back