Distrubing Video: That One

Back when McCain was running against Bush and Bush was beating him with negative attacks/lies, McCain said, "going negative is what you do when you don't have any ideas or can't articulate them".

Well turns out that's exactly why McCain is now going negative on Obama.

Back when McCain was running against Bush and Bush was beating him with negative attacks/lies, McCain said, "going negative is what you do when you don't have any ideas or can't articulate them".

Well turns out that's exactly why McCain is now going negative on Obama.

Perhaps if a moderator would asked questions about immigration, abortion, the second amendment and Supreme Court justices instead of "what don't you know" we could have actually heard ideas from both candidates instead of who could spend more money to buy votes.

That debate was an embarrassment, not for Obama, not for McCain, but for the brain dead press.

It was the "Debate for Dummies" debate "moderated" by a dummy.

It was also not a Town Hall debate.

Last edited:
So that justifies calling Obama not by his name or title, but by "that one?"

Peevish. MCain came across as a nasty, peevish, crotchety old git. Think about it for a few minutes. McCain has sat in the Senate waiting, waiting, waiting for his chance. He has carved himself out a recognisable identity and a brand name - the Republic maverick. A couple of years ago he made an attempt and was slapped back by the GOP and the Bushistas. Smarting, he retired hurt (as we say in cricket) for a while. But his ambitions would not be cooled. He has spent 8 years planning to take over from Bush. And in that 8 years he has attempted to gain the GOP nod. He sold out hs principles, he traded in his brand name and he got the nod. In his Faustian deal he sold himself for greater office.

And then....................

And then....................

And then along comes this new kid.

McCain can't hide his hatred for Obama. The new kid breezed in without raising a sweat, without doing a deal, without selling his principles and got the nod from the Dems against fierce and highly capable opposition and still didn't raise a sweat. McCain is lucky he only had to stand up against a bunch of duds (that's "dud" not "dude" mis-typed) to get the GOP nod.

Now he sees the prize fading. Mephistopheles is waiting, after all he kept his end of the bargain. McCain took the chance and lost it.

He's singing the blues.

I went to the crossroads, fell down on my knees
I went to the crossroads, fell down on my knees
Asked the Lord above, have mercy now,
Save poor Bob if you please

Standin' at the crossroads, tried to flag a ride
Whee-hee, I tried to flag a ride
Didn't nobody seem to know me, everybody pass me by

Standin' at the crossroads, risin' sun goin' down
Standin' at the crossroads baby, the risin' sun goin' down
I believe to my soul now, po' Bob is sinkin' down

You can run, you can run, tell my friend Willie Brown
You can run, you can run, tell my friend Willie Brown
That I got the crossroad blues this mornin',
Lord, baby I'm sinkin' down

I went to the crossroad, mama, I looked east and west
I went to the crossroad, babe, I looked east and west
Lord, I didn't have no sweet woman, ooh well,
Babe, in my distress

For the literalists who may be reading - this is metaphorical in part.

Pretty good analysis for some one down under.

I have to say that you don't meet most of my stereotypes of what a police officer is when it comes to politics.

Not at all like the bald headed Sheriff somewhere in my wonderfult state of Florida who stated in uniform at a Palin Attack Party that Barack "Hussein" Obama would not get elected.

Maybe, I can get ACORN to register you to vote.:lol:

Everytime I see McCain, I think he should be yelling, "You kids get off my LAWN!!!"

I'll pass on the vote - I don't want to see heads exploding :lol:

One of my colleagues only votes Communist. Mind you I only know two others in my department who also vote Communist. Most cops are right wingers, even here. Our firefighters tend to vote left. I know, weird here :D

Forum List

Back