District 9

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture603t-toaster.gif

Im looking for an avy i made with maya found this from way back dont know i the gif will run

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture603t-toaster.gif

Im looking for an avy i made with maya found this from way back dont know i the gif will run

Coolies. I'll be updating my avatar soon, with the newer model, and Midnight Marauder will have one with his character to (the wombat in pink in the vids).

life under the fascist state. government run corporations are the bad guys in this film, boogey man politics, aliens used in experimentation etc. good film, ending a possible set up for part deux.

I saw it today, and your review of it is dead on

Without reading too much about it, how did an advanced race get here from another world, and then be held captive by an inferior race of people?

I don't get that. I could be wrong on this, but this is what I know of this film thus far.

Without reading too much about it, how did an advanced race get here from another world, and then be held captive by an inferior race of people?

I don't get that. I could be wrong on this, but this is what I know of this film thus far.

I suggest that you go see the movie :eusa_angel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA]YouTube - District 9 - Official Trailer 2 [HD][/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBRFJ9RArc"][/ame]

I suggest that you go see the movie :eusa_angel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA]YouTube - District 9 - Official Trailer 2 [HD][/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBRFJ9RArc"][/ame]

Fair enough. I probably will.

I wasn't expecting to, but I really liked the movie. I wasn't even planning on seeing it. For some reason the trailers just had me shaking my head. Anyways, it was a pleasant surprise. Good action, and a nice storyline. Wickus was kind of disappointing though. My friends and I kept yelling at him/the screen.

I wasn't expecting to, but I really liked the movie. I wasn't even planning on seeing it. For some reason the trailers just had me shaking my head. Anyways, it was a pleasant surprise. Good action, and a nice storyline. Wickus was kind of disappointing though. My friends and I kept yelling at him/the screen.

Glad I wasn't in the same theater as you. :eusa_whistle:

he was a bit of a self centered out for himself prick all the way up to the end until he finally started to help christopher.

I saw this over the weekend! Love those bootlegged copies! I thought it was pretty good! The sequel will be interesting! The producers state that if the first one is a hit then then they will produce a sequel. D9 already exceeded $90 mil in the states, once it fully goes national this movie should easily top $300 mil! On a $30 mil budget I think that is safe to say its a hit! I digress! What will happen in the sequel. I think its more than plausible to see the aliens return with an army! I don't see a Indepence Day like war, since D9 was a gigantic metaphor for the evils of apartheid and the exploitation of minorities by corporations. Rather I think they will try to go into more meaningful plot lines!

But great movie all around! Too bad the aliens didn't land in America! They would have been much better off! South Africa doesn't even treat its humans well, so they wouldn't be able to treat their aliens well at all!

Saw it last night with the 14 yo. She hated it, I liked it, her 14 yo friend liked it.

I see Christopher coming back with more aliens to save the ones he left behind, and they will get their revenge on their captors.

The human/alien dude will help them, maybe have Christopher turn his wife into an alien too! :lol:

Saw it last night with the 14 yo. She hated it, I liked it, her 14 yo friend liked it.

I see Christopher coming back with more aliens to save the ones he left behind, and they will get their revenge on their captors.
I see that also! It won't be too fun in South Africa at the point! Hell it might not be to fun on Earth at that point!

I don't see the plausibility of this movie. I guarantee no matter where aliens landed, America and NATO would be taking the lead and not a 3rd world government!

Saw it last week. It was OK I guess, but I don't know why everyone's gone apeshit for it. It's not good enough to be great (like Aliens) and not bad enough to be great (like Starship Troopers).

Forum List

Back