District 9, gets my vote for best movie of 2009.

I rented it this weekend as well. Good flick, good twists. Better than Avater? Not really, but still a very good movie.

-TSO

I feel District 9 , is the better movie. As I said AVATAR, seems very childish, cartoonish,
and I've been hearing that it may have racist undertones.

Until you've seen the movie, it's going to be tough to rely on your review of Avatar. If there are racist undertones in Avatar, then there must be in District 9. And go figure, I base this on seeing both films.

-TSO

Seriously, 52nd, your opinion on Avatar is moot. You can't say District 9 is the better movie until you've experienced Avatar. No one is forcing you to watch Avatar, but don't be stupid and say District 9 is the better movie when you haven't even seen the competition.

As for the racial undertones, it's already been commented on twice here. District 9 has far more racial undertones. In fact, I don't even think District 9's racial tensions are undertones...they simply are the theme of the movie. Sorry, but your critique is misplaced. District 9 is far more a racial movie than Avatar is.

I rented it this weekend as well. Good flick, good twists. Better than Avater? Not really, but still a very good movie.

-TSO

I feel District 9 , is the better movie. As I said AVATAR, seems very childish, cartoonish,
and I've been hearing that it may have racist undertones.

Until you've seen the movie, it's going to be tough to rely on your review of Avatar. If there are racist undertones in Avatar, then there must be in District 9. And go figure, I base this on seeing both films.

-TSO
All I needed to see were the out takes from AVATAR, and they seem cartoonish, childish.

They aren't. What they SEEM to be to you is not what they are. You SEEM like a retard to me, but that doesn't mean you are.

See how that works?

Forum List

Back