Disproportionate Farce

Hagbard Celine said:
I think they hate their savage Arab neighbors as much as the Arabs hate them. I also think that they are making an example of Lebanon to their other enemies at the expense of the Lebanese civilian population.

And why not? It makes perfect sense .... this is what happens when you harbor terrorists/allow terrorists to set up shop in your country. Simple and effective logic.

You keep whining about Lebanese civilians. The same Lebanese civilians that allow Hezbollah terrorists to operate freely among them. If they are victims, it is of their own doing.

GunnyL said:
And why not? It makes perfect sense .... this is what happens when you harbor terrorists/allow terrorists to set up shop in your country. Simple and effective logic.

You keep whining about Lebanese civilians. The same Lebanese civilians that allow Hezbollah terrorists to operate freely among them. If they are victims, it is of their own doing.

There must be something in the drinking water for the amount of people there are that always side in with terrorists over democratic, peaceful, sovereign nations, simply because they hate the U.S. and Israel, but always taking our help when they need it. Simply amazing!!! I don't know whether to be angry or just scared :dunno:

Hagbard Celine said:
The comment I bolded is ridiculous. No one in their right mind would respond affirmatively to this question. Of course Israel shouldn't put up with any terroristic threats against its sovereignty. However, you must concede that Israel's response, though pleasing to the spirit of the blood-lusting savage harkening back from the time of the bloody spectacle in the coliseum of Rome that lies in all our hearts, is disproportionate. Not all Lebanese are Hezbollah militants, especially the young children who are being killed and maimed. Therefore, the attack by Isreal on Lebanon as a whole is disproportionate to the incident that catalysed the situation.

Have you been fitted for your bedsheet yet? Y'know ... the one they'll allow you to wear to tend the camels when you give up without so much as a whimper because any response you may think of might be "disproportionate?"

It's a shame ANYONE but terrorists have to die. Soon as you and your envoy get that negotiation going whereby you convince the terrorists they should meet the opposing army on the field of battle, then you're noncombatant casualties will be reduced. Until then, we have to deal with the reality of the situation, not some convoluted argument that places noncombatant casualties above the winning.

Bonnie said:
There must be something in the drinking water for the amount of people there are that always side in with terrorists over democratic, peaceful, sovereign nations, simply because they hate the U.S. and Israel, but always taking our help when they need it. Simply amazing!!! I don't know whether to be angry or just scared :dunno:

You should be scared. They're probably registered to vote.:smoke:

GunnyL said:
Have you been fitted for your bedsheet yet? Y'know ... the one they'll allow you to wear to tend the camels when you give up without so much as a whimper because any response you may think of might be "disproportionate?"

It's a shame ANYONE but terrorists have to die. Soon as you and your envoy get that negotiation going whereby you convince the terrorists they should meet the opposing army on the field of battle, then you're noncombatant casualties will be reduced. Until then, we have to deal with the reality of the situation, not some convoluted argument that places noncombatant casualties above the winning.

Maybe if we put daisies in Hezbollah's guns they would have a change of heart?? :D

Lets be sure to remember this "disproportionality when and if it comes to prisoner exchanges. The Hizbullys always expect about 300 prisoners returned for EACH Israeli they return.

dilloduck said:
Lets be sure to remember this "disproportionality when and if it comes to prisoner exchanges. The Hizbullys always expect about 300 prisoners returned for EACH Israeli they return.

I thought Hezballah set the proportion at 1,000 to 1. :beer:

Hagbard Celine said:
I think they hate their savage Arab neighbors as much as the Arabs hate them. I also think that they are making an example of Lebanon to their other enemies at the expense of the Lebanese civilian population.
Last I checked, Israel pulled out of southern Lebanon in 2000 in the "land for peace" gambit pushed by the major global powers. And the fact that Israel hasn't retaliated again the attacks coming out of Lebanon with anything but a small fraction of what they are capable is demonstration of both restraint and peaceful intent.

Put simply, if the Israelis "hated" the "other Arabs" as you say, they could have gone in guns blazing and collateral casualties in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands.

CockySOB said:
Last I checked, Israel pulled out of southern Lebanon in 2000 in the "land for peace" gambit pushed by the major global powers. And the fact that Israel hasn't retaliated again the attacks coming out of Lebanon with anything but a small fraction of what they are capable is demonstration of both restraint and peaceful intent.

Put simply, if the Israelis "hated" the "other Arabs" as you say, they could have gone in guns blazing and collateral casualties in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands.

Absolutely, same for Hammas and the Palestinians.

Forum List

Back