Disproportionate Farce

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    By Bob Parks (07/25/2006)
    http://americandaily.com/article/14744

:)

2. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Well, let's see. There was a kidnapping, then another. Then another. That makes three kidnappings. Israel's response to these three kidnappings was to launch a full-out war on Lebanon that is killing not only terrorists, but women and children as well. Everyday I'm seeing new pictures of children screaming with third-degree burns covering most of their bodies. Yesterday I saw an infant screaming in a hospital because half its body was burnt up. I think the word "disproportionate" is accurate here. Not saying the Arabs didn't deserve it for voting terrorists into public office, because God knows you reap what you sow, just saying your constant string of liberal-bashing posts quoting arch-religious conservative bloggers is getting pretty moronic. And it's especially moronic when the premise is false to begin with.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    You forgot the missiles aimed at Haifa by Hezbollah.

4. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    True, but Israel's chief reason behind it's offensive was to urge the release of its soldiers. The Qassam rockets being fired over its borders sporadically were an ancilliary issue.

5. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    I disagree. I think Israel's primary objective was to get Lebanon to do what it was supposed to and put its own troops on the border so that Hezbollah would be displaced.

It was really interesting. I was watching Anderson Cooper last night and he did a piece on how Hezbollah is trying to use the international press corps to propagandize for it. Terrorist organizations like Hezbollah dig in among civilian populations for the very purpose of having large numbers of civilian casualties.

6. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Israel's initial offensive on its northern border with Lebanon was sparked by the capture of two of its soldiers by Hezbollah militants. In the first few days of the offensive, news channels were reporting that they were fighting a two-front war with Lebanon and Palestine. Now the coverage has switched almost exclusively to the conflict with Lebanon. After Israel's initial attacks, Israel changed its reasoning from just trying to release its troops to trying to eradicate Hezbollah (a noble task IMO), but Israel's reasoning aside, the offensive launched against Lebanon has been disproportionate, especially as civilian casualties are concerned. I was pointing out that this thread's entire premise is false and is just an excuse for Bonnie and others to rag on the "libs."

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Try this Hezbollah entered Israeli's border, then killed 8 of their soldiers took 2 more all for the purpose of starting this conflict.

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Exactly. And they have had six years to dig in quite well.

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Actually, I'm one of the "libs" that Bonnie sometimes rags on :happy2:

You might want to consider the fact that Hezbollah has been digging in for five years getting ready for this and WANTED Israel to have to fight on two fronts... something that even the Nazis couldn't do.

*Edit* By the by, there's historical precedent for that, isn't there?

10. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Did Hezbollah kill the same number of Israeli civilians as Israelis have killed Lebanese? Did Hezbollah destroy Israel's infrastructure sending the entire country back in time twenty years? No. There's your disproportionality.