Disproportionate criminal behavior

the first and foremost cause of crime is the criminals' willingness to cross the moral line, and impinge on others' rights for safety or ownership of possessions. got that? the criminals' decision to commit a crime is the reason. period.

poverty is associated with crime, likewise crime is associated with poverty. it goes both ways but the causal effects are far from clear, at least until the criminal is caught and convicted. then the criminal's record causes a large decrease in the options for gainful employment.

culture is probably the largest factor for producing criminals. if a child is not taught right from wrong, and is not exposed to moral behaviour being modeled by family and friends then that child will have a difficult time inculcating positive values. it is even worse if poor and criminal behaviour is seen in a positive light by some or many of those friends and family.

The first question is a fallacy (Fallacy of the Complex Question) because it assumes that ALL blacks commit more violent crimes than ALL whites.

on another thread you accused me of building a strawman. yet here you are distorting another poster's comment into something he never said. I have never heard anyone say ALL blacks commit more violent crime than ALL whites. and it certainly didn't happen in the post you are distorting. what makes you think you have the right to misquote other people and then judge them on what you imagined they said?

The first question is a fallacy (Fallacy of the Complex Question) because it assumes that ALL blacks commit more violent crimes than ALL whites.

on another thread you accused me of building a strawman. yet here you are distorting another poster's comment into something he never said. I have never heard anyone say ALL blacks commit more violent crime than ALL whites. and it certainly didn't happen in the post you are distorting. what makes you think you have the right to misquote other people and then judge them on what you imagined they said?

The question; "Why do blacks commit more violent crimes than whites?"

is to be read like, Why do ALL blacks commit more violent crimes than ALL whites?

Only because a SPECIFIC QUANTITY was NOT mentioned.

This is VERY BASIC argument analysis.

To word this as a statement; ALL blacks commit more violent crimes than ALL whites. (False)

Because some blacks do not commit violent crimes and some whites do not commit violent crimes. That makes the argument or question false. Thus, The Fallacy of the Complex Question.

to be fair, a large part of the very poorest African American economies are based around drug dealing, which can justify a good chunk of the disproportionate violence

But terrible, god awful parenting is what I blame most. Those African Americans that are good parents, are some of the best... but the vast majority of black parents are too young and too poorly raised themselves to have a good shot at raising children.

Black fathers in particular have failed their kids.

For the most part, this is an example of a well constructed inductive argument, only because quantities from a sample are both specified. Whether the argument is cogent or not, or strong or weak, is yet to be determined. But I am sure for someone to make claims as this, they could easily back up such with statistics. Those statistics could then possibly provide strength, not prove. Inductive argumentation is not to prove but it is to persuade, based solely on probability.

What I could do is ask the author to draw a conclusion, and or I could challenge.

With exception to the last statement, because there were no quantities specified, the statement is to be read like; ALL black fathers in particular have failed their kids.
The last statement is deductive. Also, since the author does NOT specify the sample from which the black fathers come or the quantity thereof, then it is to be taken generally. That makes the statement false by design. Because some black fathers raise their kids very well, which could be contradicted by the third statement in the argument.

the first and foremost cause of crime is the criminals' willingness to cross the moral line, and impinge on others' rights for safety or ownership of possessions. got that? the criminals' decision to commit a crime is the reason. period.

poverty is associated with crime, likewise crime is associated with poverty. it goes both ways but the causal effects are far from clear, at least until the criminal is caught and convicted. then the criminal's record causes a large decrease in the options for gainful employment.

culture is probably the largest factor for producing criminals. if a child is not taught right from wrong, and is not exposed to moral behaviour being modeled by family and friends then that child will have a difficult time inculcating positive values. it is even worse if poor and criminal behaviour is seen in a positive light by some or many of those friends and family.

It seems as though you are getting better at this argument thing.
If an argument makes logical sense, then there is no need to provide more premises.
Only seemingly unreasonable claims require additional premises.
One should ONLY think independently, NOT rely on some researchers.

I agree with most of your argument and I would like to add to some of it. (By request only)

But, the part I take issue or disagree with is your loose usage of the term criminal.
The person you label a criminal may not think they are a criminal.
If two parties do NOT agree on something (criminal label), then how can what ONLY one party claims, be an absolute?

Also, I take issue or disagree with what YOU like to call a criminals willingness to cross a moral line.
If an alleged criminal has NO morals or a DIFFERENT set of morals, then what line does that alleged criminal cross?

I like to look at this as a predator (victimizer) and prey (victim) relationship.
To a predator, the prey is a resource. To a predator, the protectors of the prey are enemies (law enforcement).
To a predator, those who help are allies. To a predator, those who compete for the same prey are rivals.
Predators do NOT prey on the strong, but on those who are seemingly weak.
But this predator concept exists on all levels of economic status, in all communities, among all races, and all endeavors (even law enforcement).

Wrong. It says that blacks taken as a whole commit more crime that whites taken as a whole. Try again.
I admit the statement about controlling wealth should have been more explicit. Which that statement was applicable, but NOT limited to, the United States.
You made a universal statement that was wrong. It's as simple as that.

The question; "Why do blacks commit more violent crimes than whites?"

is to be read like, Why do ALL blacks commit more violent crimes than ALL whites?

Only because a SPECIFIC QUANTITY was NOT mentioned.

This is VERY BASIC argument analysis.

To word this as a statement; ALL blacks commit more violent crimes than ALL whites. (False)

Because some blacks do not commit violent crimes and some whites do not commit violent crimes. That makes the argument or question false. Thus, The Fallacy of the Complex Question.

You fail. Blacks and whites are both taken as whole populations. It speaks of collectives, not of individuals within them.

Try again.

That you feel the need to paint the OP as a racist instead of answering the question is quite interesting to me.

Asians, Italians, and the Irish were altered like shit when they go here. They do not commit disproportionate levels of crime.

Why can't blacks get their act together? You can't blame slaver, either- the entire continent of Africa stands as evidence that Blacks can't form or maintain civil societies.

The answer is clear: As a whole,. blacks are incapable of forming or living in civilized socialites as effectively as Whites and Asians on the whole. This may be related to their lower IQs.

to be fair, a large part of the very poorest African American economies are based around drug dealing, which can justify a good chunk of the disproportionate violence

But terrible, god awful parenting is what I blame most. Those African Americans that are good parents, are some of the best... but the vast majority of black parents are too young and too poorly raised themselves to have a good shot at raising children.

Black fathers in particular have failed their kids.

The black communities were far better in the 1950's. They had spent decades clawing their way up from poverty and fighting the Jim crow laws of the post reconstruction era. Then two things hit in relatively rapid succession; Welfare and Crack.
The welfare system penalized traditional families, allocating additional resources to single mothers. Many families separated in a kind of legal fiction to garner extra government largess. Unfortunately, the fiction too easily became fact and an acceptance of Cheating Welfare led to a loss of respect for traditional values of hard work and honesty.
Suddenly children were deprived of father figures and were conditioned by Welfare to "try to get theirs."
Crack is highly addictive. It appeared in the fractured black communities with devastating impact. Not only does it impair cognitive function among users, it causes brain damage to unborn fetuses. A common method for young female addicts to obtain funds for crack is prostitution with the obvious result of more children born addicted to and damaged by crack.

The current situation in poor black communities is clouded by generations of welfare dependency, single mother families, and Crack damage. Add to this perceived inequities in the justice system (they need not be real, so long as the perception exists) along with demagogues who incite violence and resistance to "the white system" leave young people, already hampered by youths generally poor judgment, prone to errors which leave them caught in an unending cycle; they are cons so they can't get decent jobs when they get out, the get no respect for honest work from their peers, and they may develop a grudge against the system which left them in such a state.

Can there be any doubt that this skews any data to the extent that an impartial measurement is difficult?

Make an analysis of black children of middle class two parent homes and compare them to white children of middle class two parent homes and look for differences there. This would have the advantage of taking a step toward reducing the societal questions of the ghetto.

Irish etc. can blend into the general white population far easier than blacks. So their ability to assimilate should naturally be higher.

Blacks are more aggressive and tend to be intellectually inferior. They are 'less evolved', more closely resembling other great apes than other races within H.S.Sapiens.

No 1st-world black nation has ever existed without borrowing heavily from Mediterranean (middle-eastern/White)influences and knowledge.

xÞx;1652275 said:
Blacks are more aggressive and tend to be intellectually inferior. They are 'less evolved', more closely resembling other great apes than other races within H.S.Sapiens.
What wonderful use of satire to mock ignorant racists. You sound just as stupid and arrogant as the real thing.
I applaud the effort.

It is a proven fact that the darker skin color races in the United States commit more crimes. I ask this question: how do we reduce African American crime in the United States?

Currently the African Americans make up 12.5% of the US population, they also commit 52% of the crime.

xÞx;1652330 said:
Facts are facts
Does this mean you are an ignorant self deluded Racist?
It's easy to find pseudoscientist who will support racism with their infantile conclusions. The examples are too numerous to list, but you can find several working for the Axis during WWII.

xÞx;1652330 said:

wow! you are really distorting those links. differently evolved is not less evolved. no one even remotely suggested that blacks are anything but human. and terms like 'inferior' are value statements that aren't used and do not belong in studies. blacks do have generally higher testosterone levels which leads to more aggression and do have different average levels of measured intelligence but that is simply nature's way of making them successful in their continental area of origin. I'm sure none of the authors would be pleased to see their thoughtful work associated with a racist rant.

terms like 'inferior' are value statements that aren't used and do not belong in studies

Wrong. Superior and inferior are regularly used in clinical studies.

Crying 'racist' like a Democrat only shows that you are unable to rebut. You cannot deny the facts: blacks on the whole commit more crime, have lower IQs, and are less able to succeed in civilized society.

xÞx;1652330 said:
Facts are facts
Does this mean you are an ignorant self deluded Racist?
It's easy to find pseudoscientist who will support racism with their infantile conclusions. The examples are too numerous to list, but you can find several working for the Axis during WWII.

*yawn*

Getting awfully close to a Godwin, my friend. Do you have a rebuttal or are you just whining?

xÞx;1658036 said:
Do you have a rebuttal
For racism like yours? No, there is no evidence an ignorant opinionated racist would accept.

For the moronic claim that blacks are inferior individuals, see post 109

So you admit to having no rebuttal to the scientifically verified facts posted in this thread regarding negroid IQ and aggression.

Do you deny that these factors play a role in their disproportionate criminal behavior?

xÞx;1658108 said:
So you admit to having no rebuttal to the scientifically verified facts posted in this thread regarding negroid IQ and aggression.

Do you deny that these factors play a role in their disproportionate criminal behavior?
Nothing of the sort X-boy.
Your evidence is not supportive of your claims. If you want a Doctor to support you, search for Mengele and his research.
I posted the factors which play a role.
You ignored them in favor of your prejudice.
If you want a 'Scientific' study it must first compare like populations.
Not comparing black ones in Africa decimated by Malaria, which has been scientifically shown to cause brain damage, to white ones in Europe.
Not comparing impoverished black communities in the US to the general populace.

But one were a standardized set of populations are studied and compared when all the conditions other than race are held equal.
You won't find a study like that which supports your moronic claim unless the researcher falsified some data, but I'm sure false data never stopped a bigot like you from posting their imbecilic views.

Forum List

Back