Disproportionate criminal behavior

What have African Americans really contributed to our country?
The only thing I can think of is Rap and Hip/Hop music which promotes violence and disrespect of women.

The Real power for our country came from the Germans who built the Atomic Bomb that is our real power.

Give me an example of an African American who came up with something on par with the A-Bomb.

You have a problem with backing up your claim?

I'll take your response as a concession.

No I just didn't take you seriously at first.

r320356_1426639.jpg

Anangu children's choir at Ernabella in the north-west of my state.

This is supposed to be proof?

What's your objection? The choir are Anangu children. You can see some of the children have fair hair. I told you I've seen Anangu children from infants up to teens with fair hair. As they get older their hair changes colour. Short of dragging you up to the APY Lands and showing you there's not that much more I can do.

Is it so hard to imagine a mutation occurring more than once or British prisoners raping local girls? An in-depth genetic study would shed light on the matter.

What have African Americans really contributed to our country?
The only thing I can think of is Rap and Hip/Hop music which promotes violence and disrespect of women.

The Real power for our country came from the Germans who built the Atomic Bomb that is our real power.

Give me an example of an African American who came up with something on par with the A-Bomb.

I can't really think of anything positive that they contribute.

What's your objection? The choir are Anangu children. You can see some of the children have fair hair. I told you I've seen Anangu children from infants up to teens with fair hair. As they get older their hair changes colour. Short of dragging you up to the APY Lands and showing you there's not that much more I can do.

I don't think one picture of bi-racial kids is enough evidence to support your argument.

I don't think one picture of bi-racial kids is enough evidence to support your argument.

Major assumptions there. I think JB's misunderstanding about the settlement of this country may have thrown you. This is where it gets difficult to find the sort of proof that may convince you and me living here and knowing the country up there in the APY Lands puts me at a distinct advantage over you even though I don't have the time to present the evidence that would make my point. I'll just leave it at that.

why would anyone think that light hair, or light skin, defines someone's racial identity? This is a common misconception. Racial identity can be measured by the clustering of genetic alleles but a single allele has only a small value in the overall groupings

We will begin with these five black inventors. Contributions of African Americans To American Society

Black Inventors
Lewis Temple 1800-1854 He was the inventor of a whaling harpoon called the "Temple's Toggle" and the "Temple's Iron." He was born in Richmond, Virginia in 1800 and arrived in New Bedford, Massachusetts in 1829. He worked as a blacksmith and had lots of friends that were whaler's who bought harpoons and had lots of conversations with them.
He learned that the harpoons used by the whalers were not very affective in holding a struggling whale. In 1848 he invented a new type of harpoon, with a moveable head that prevented the whale from slipping loose. He never patented his invention he was able to make a good living from his harpoon sales. Temple died in May 1854 at the age of 54 after falling at a construction site and never recovering from his injuries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Granville T. Woods 1856-1910 He was known as the black Edison. Woods was born in Columbus, Ohio on April 23,1856. He never finished elementary school and he worked in a machine shop at a very young age. He moved to Missouri in 1872 at the age of sixteen. By 1881 he opened a factory in Cincinnati, Ohio and manufactured telephone, telegraph and electrical equipment. He filed for his first application for a patent in 1884 for an improved steam-boiler furnace. Woods patented the" telographony ," a combination of the telegraph and the telephone. He produced one of his most important inventions in 1887, it was called the Synchronous Multiplex Railway Telegraph. It enabled messages to be sent from moving trains and railways stations. In 1890 he set out to improve the lighting system by creating an efficient safe economical dimmer. It was safer and and resulted in 40% energy savings. Woods also created an overhead conducting system for electrical railways and the electrified third rail. By the time of his death in 1910 he had 150 patents awarded to him all together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frederick Mckinley Jones 1882 1961 He was the inventor of the first practical refrigeration system for long haul thrush. His system was later adapted to other carriers like ships and railway cars. Jones was born in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1892. He was orphaned at the age of nine and never got more than a sixth grade education. He got his first patent for a ticket dispensing machine that was used in movie houses. By the late 1930's , Jones was designing potable air-cooling units for trucks that had to carry perishable foods. Frederick Mc Kinley Jones died in Minneapolis, Minnesota ,in 1961 ,credited with more than 60 patents- forty of them were for refrigeration equipment.

Lewis H. Latimer 1848-1928 He was a pioneer in the development of the electric light bulb. He was also the only black member of the Edison Pioneers, a group of inventors and scientists who worked with Thomas Edison.
He was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts in 1848 and was raised in Boston. He enlisted in the Navy and served as a cabin boy on the U.S.S Massaoitta at the age of sixteen. Latimer was given the assignment to draw plans for Alexander Graham Bell's telephone patent . In 1879 Latimer went to work as a draftsman for Hiram Maxim, who invented the machine gun and headed the electric lighting company. Latimer worked on improving the quality of the carbon filament used in the light bulb. In 1882 he received a patent for an improved process for manufacturing carbon filaments. He died in 1928 and a school was named after him in Brooklyn, New York on May 10,1968.

Gerrett A. Morgan 1875-1963 He is best remembered for his invention of the gas mask and the three way traffic signal. Mogan was born on March 4,1875 in Paris, Kentucky. He left schoolafter fifth grade at the age of fourteen. He left Kentucky and headed for Cincinnati, Ohio and got a job as a handy man in a sewing shop. Morgan directed his attention to the frequent instances of firemen being overcome by fumes and thick smoke when they went into burning buildings. He perfected breathing device which he patented in 1914. In 1923morgan patented an automatic traffic signal which he sold to the General Electric Company for four thousand dollars. In 1963 Garrett A. Morgan died at ht age of 88 in Cleveland, Ohio after he was ill for two years.

What is a list of black inventors supposed to prove? It has nothing to do wit the subject of the thread.

Improvements on existing technology does not mean the inventor invented the technology. I have seen lists of black inventors that took credit for such things as combs and brooms but that does not mean they originally invented them. And for every black man's patent there are probably a million from whites.

Back to the original topic.
Here is one reason for racially disparate crime rates;
The executive system is a theorized cognitive system in psychology that controls and manages other cognitive processes. It is also referred to as the executive function, executive functions, supervisory attentional system, or cognitive control.

The concept is used by psychologists and neuroscientists to describe a loosely defined collection of brain processes which are responsible for planning, cognitive flexibility, abstract thinking, rule acquisition, initiating appropriate actions and inhibiting inappropriate actions, and selecting relevant sensory information.
obviously different races have a different average behavior on 'executive functions', see above for definition.
But why should we think executive functions are anything but learned cultural traits? it would be bad if just racial culture was the reason behind crime rates but as it turns out, executive functions are extremely heritable, more so than even intelligence.
Your ability to control thought and behavior relative to your peers - a set of capacities known as "executive functions" - is almost entirely genetic in origin, according to a newly in-press paper from Friedman et al. Over 560 twins completed tests to measure fundamental components of these executive functions, and the results were analyzed in terms of how similar identical twins performed to one another relative to fraternal twins (all twins in the study were reared together). Astonishingly, the results show that the variance common to all executive functions is correlated roughly twice as much between identical twins as between fraternal twins, and that individual variance in executive function falls directly in line with what would be expected from a perfectly heritable trait.
99% Genetic? Individual Differences in Executive Function Are Almost Perfectly Heritable : Developing Intelligence

Gee...why do people who are poor and without hope become violent more often than people who aren't poor and do have hope?

This is very mysterious, isn't it?

Why do blacks commit more violent crime than whites? Is it because of a culture of violence and anti-authority taking? Is it because of socio-economic factors that are all the White man's fault? Is it all a lie, the result of a racist legal system? is it tghe political atmosphere that encourages many of them to blame their actions of the previous?

Discuss

in poverty is where crime levels are higher...proven fact....

skin color has nothing to do with it....but living in poverty, in a slum does.

If race has nothing to do with it, why are so many blacks still in the ghettos where most of the Irish, Italians, and Asians are not? Why aren't the natives on the reservations committing the same number of crimes when they move into the city as blacks ans hispanics?

Gee...why do people who are poor and without hope become violent more often than people who aren't poor and do have hope?

This is very mysterious, isn't it?

The black crime rate is higher at any socioeconomic level you care to define. and of course the asian rate is lower.

If race has nothing to do with it, why are so many blacks still in the ghettos where most of the Irish, Italians, and Asians are not? Why aren't the natives on the reservations committing the same number of crimes when they move into the city as blacks ans hispanics?

Because they've mostly moved out of the ghettos, perhaps?

Incidently, I lived in poor Irish Ghettos in Boston.

The violent crime rate there was insanely high.

I the nearly 20 years I lived in boston I never had a problem with blacks.

Drunken fools that were also Irish?

Yeah, they were a menace to society.

I don't blame the fact that they're IRISH for this, however.

They were kids who were raised in poverty, on the means streets of Allston and brighton where being tough when you were coming up was necessary for survival and respect.

Forum List

Back