Dispicable

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Congress, as a whole, is corrupt -- both Houses, both major parties.

In November of 2010, the entire House of Representatives will have to stand for re-election -- all 435 of them. One third of the Senate, a total of 33 of them, will also stand for re-election.

We should vote every incumbent out in 2010, no matter their Party affiliation -- start all over in the House of Representatives with 435 people who have absolutely no experience in running that body, with no political favors owed to anyone but their own constituents. We should make them understand that they work for us, that they are answerable to us and they must run that body with some common sense.

Moving forward, in 2012, the next third of the incumbents in the Senate should be voted out. You'll know who they are because their names will be on the ballot and, in most cases, will be shown as the Incumbent. If you don't know who your Senators are (there are only two for each State), find out. Repeat in 2014 and, by that time, we will have put all new people in that body as well.

We, the People, need to take this Country back -- peacefully. That's what the Framers of our Constitution envisioned.

As apperaling as that sounds Allbiz, its a bit too radical for me. We have a president with no experience who is floundering right now. I can't imagine having another bunch of rookies no matter how accomplished in their own fields. I would alo be suspect of newbies motives. Who the hell wants that job?

I will vote for Roskum again, he votes the way most of DuPage County likes. However, both my Senators should be gone, but fat chance of that.

In November of 2010, the entire House of Representatives will have to stand for re-election -- all 435 of them. One third of the Senate, a total of 33 of them, will also stand for re-election.

We should vote every incumbent out in 2010, no matter their Party affiliation -- start all over in the House of Representatives with 435 people who have absolutely no experience in running that body, with no political favors owed to anyone but their own constituents. We should make them understand that they work for us, that they are answerable to us and they must run that body with some common sense.

Moving forward, in 2012, the next third of the incumbents in the Senate should be voted out. You'll know who they are because their names will be on the ballot and, in most cases, will be shown as the Incumbent. If you don't know who your Senators are (there are only two for each State), find out. Repeat in 2014 and, by that time, we will have put all new people in that body as well.

We, the People, need to take this Country back -- peacefully. That's what the Framers of our Constitution envisioned.

Great idea.

Now show us how to get names of people who have not already sold their souls to the devil on the ballot.

You will find that most Americans want to throw all the rascals out...but like their own Rep and will reelect them.

Ours, I want gone. He's a carpetbagger who has done nothing for us. But I seem to be in the minority in our district.

Our rep was one of the 8 Republican"cap and traitors" I might vote for him again but I think he's toast.

Mark Kirk, a representative from IL I had long admired was also 1 of the 8. I'd planned on volunteering on his run for Burris's seat, no longer. Unfortunately his from North Shore, not my rep.

Arkansas usually votes for the Democratic Candidate. That's why there is only one member of Congress from Arkansas that is a Republican. The only one I'd keep would be Rep. Mike Ross, but he's not in my district. Vic Snyder is in my district, but the Democrats overwhelmingly support him. I'll have to see who is running against Blanche Lincoln. She also has overwhelming Democrat support.

You will find that most Americans want to throw all the rascals out...but like their own Rep and will reelect them.

Ours, I want gone. He's a carpetbagger who has done nothing for us. But I seem to be in the minority in our district.

Already noted in a few of the comments, as anticipated.

Why shouldn't they elect who they WANT to be in office. I don't care if they've been there 100 years. If they are doing the job I want them to do, I'll pull the lever for 'em.

Why shouldn't they elect who they WANT to be in office. I don't care if they've been there 100 years. If they are doing the job I want them to do, I'll pull the lever for 'em.

You'll note that, in the OP, I said "as a whole". Those that are "doing the job" are few and far between. It has been my experience, not just on this board or ANY message board, that people, in general, bitch about all the OTHER reps they have no control over, but are quite content with their own. It's as if they have blinders on because they power that they have to put them in office shuts out the possibility that those reps are kowtowing every bit as much as the ones being bitched about.

You'll note that, in the OP, I said "as a whole". Those that are "doing the job" are few and far between.

Then why do you instruct us to get rid of all of them?

You'll note that, in the OP, I said "as a whole". Those that are "doing the job" are few and far between.

Then why do you instruct us to get rid of all of them?

I think he's saying that people should step beyond "liking" their own Rep and pay attention to the reality that "their Rep" is just as bad as all the rest.

Voters don't care about the next District over. They care only about their District and the senatorial candiates. That is the problem, and they will not change.

New Topics

Forum List

Back