Disney Puts “Outdated Cultural Depictions” Trigger Warning On Old Movies

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Uncle Walt is turning over in his grave.

No longer socially acceptable;

Fantasia

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

The complete list of Disney films is @ List of Walt Disney Pictures films - Wikipedia

The launch of the new Disney+ service in the United States made available many classic films, but they could not be presented without the need to genuflect to political correctness.

Movies including Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Peter Pan and The Jungle Book all feature the trigger warning in their plot descriptions due to negative racial stereotypes like the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp, the Native American characters in Peter Pan, and the crows in Dumbo.

This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions,” reads the disclaimer.

More @ Disney Puts "Outdated Cultural Depictions" Trigger Warning On Old Movies | From the Trenches World Report

Fantasia

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

The complete list of Disney films is @ List of Walt Disney Pictures films - Wikipedia

The launch of the new Disney+ service in the United States made available many classic films, but they could not be presented without the need to genuflect to political correctness.

Movies including Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Peter Pan and The Jungle Book all feature the trigger warning in their plot descriptions due to negative racial stereotypes like the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp, the Native American characters in Peter Pan, and the crows in Dumbo.

This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions,” reads the disclaimer.

More @ Disney Puts "Outdated Cultural Depictions" Trigger Warning On Old Movies | From the Trenches World Report

Those are the only Disney films worth a damn.

Disney-Pixar movies are worth a damn.

The warning is almost humorous but it's going to be hard to get kids to watch those older movies to begin with as animation has changed so much.

Fantasia

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

The trigger warning shit is stupid AF, but something I can deal with. The combination of streaming exclusivity plus FUCKING UP AND REMOVING old Simpsons episodes, on the other hand. . . May Disney's streaming service die an agonizing death for what they've done.

Disney-Pixar movies are worth a damn.

The Incredibles, because of Brad Bird.

My personal tastes tend to preclude the, "It's for kids, but there's adult humor in there for the parents" genre, but I did find The Incredibles oddly entertaining.

Very possibly a matter of bias, though. I found it a weird kinda charming that a Disney property put out a film wherein the villain was willing to cause mass death to achieve radical equality. I wouldn't have thought that a modern Disney would allow a movie that vilifies radical equality values to slip under their radar.

Imagine that you were a member of PETA, and, while protesting a commercial slaughter house, you witnessed one of the cows manage to sneak out of its confinement and escape into some nearby woods. That's how I felt when I saw the Incredibles.

I wonder why they would do that?

disney-1024x576.jpg

The best line from the Incredibles: "When everyone is special, no one is."

This, quite literally, is the goal of the left.

........................................................... And?

....and...it’s just for triggered snowflakes like you.

Ummmmm apparently not since I didn't start the thread, nor would I consider it worthy of one.
Check the names of who started the thread and who questions it. It ain't exactly rocket surgery.

Holy SHIT that was a stoopid post.

I don't even do cartoons anyway. Never did. Can't see any value in 'em.

Forum List

Back