Dish vs Direct TV

I don't care about that. I just like to watch the game, channel surf, watch the Discovery channel.

You'd better make sure the Discovery Channel comes with the basic plan, then. That's where they ALL getcha: By not including at least one or two very popular channels from the different packages so you're forced to sign on to the next higher one at more money.

Yes the thing about new customers get better deals makes me mad to, but this aggravates me as well. Why won't they just let customers choose 50 stations of their choice for $50/month?

i have 250 stations, not counting music channels, and i bet we watch 50 of em at the most.'

Oh, and I'm a sports nut so I prefer Directv. My wife doesn't really care either way.
It's called CAPITALISM.

You see...its not about what's optimum for YOU..the customer...it's whats optimum for THEM...the supplier. For them to give you such a great choice it would not be cost effective for them. Firstly, they'd be giving you way too much of a deal, secondly it would be too much work for them...therefore not as cost effective for just making up some random package based on random (and most likely false) viewer polls and what the general population watches. In short...they tell you what you want to watch and then you pay for it out your nose.

Its the same reason why America has the worse Internet service, although its the western country with the most Internet users. And the same reason why Americans pay the most for cell phone service although it has one of the worse provider service sytems in the Western hemisphere.

Capitalism...A Love Story.

You'd better make sure the Discovery Channel comes with the basic plan, then. That's where they ALL getcha: By not including at least one or two very popular channels from the different packages so you're forced to sign on to the next higher one at more money.

Yes the thing about new customers get better deals makes me mad to, but this aggravates me as well. Why won't they just let customers choose 50 stations of their choice for $50/month?

i have 250 stations, not counting music channels, and i bet we watch 50 of em at the most.'

Oh, and I'm a sports nut so I prefer Directv. My wife doesn't really care either way.
It's called CAPITALISM.

You see...its not about what's optimum for YOU..the customer...it's whats optimum for THEM...the supplier. For them to give you such a great choice it would not be cost effective for them. Firstly, they'd be giving you way too much of a deal, secondly it would be too much work for them...therefore not as cost effective for just making up some random package based on random (and most likely false) viewer polls and what the general population watches. In short...they tell you what you want to watch and then you pay for it out your nose.

Its the same reason why America has the worse Internet service, although its the western country with the most Internet users. And the same reason why Americans pay the most for cell phone service although it has one of the worse provider service sytems in the Western hemisphere.

Capitalism...A Love Story.

What ism would you prefer? Social? Commune? My 4G phone and broadband cable work great, And I've been all over the world. We're #1 for a reason. Capitalism.

Now I may come off biased as I work at DISH but the bias comes from the fact that I've been a customer for years longer than I ever started working at the companies call center in Denver. For Direct's new customer offer you have to jump a ton of hoops like submit rebates online and wait for 6 to 8 weeks while the rebate is processed, paying the full price that entire time. With DISH if you qualify for a new customer promotion, it starts the day you get your service, no rebates, no waiting.

Now I may come off biased as I work at DISH but the bias comes from the fact that I've been a customer for years longer than I ever started working at the companies call center in Denver. For Direct's new customer offer you have to jump a ton of hoops like submit rebates online and wait for 6 to 8 weeks while the rebate is processed, paying the full price that entire time. With DISH if you qualify for a new customer promotion, it starts the day you get your service, no rebates, no waiting.
hey, tell them it is unfair for them to continue to charge existing customers for HD service without having to make a lump sum payment of $100 or sign up for direct payments

I'm considering getting satellite TV. Which satellite TV company do you think is best, an why? :confused:

The jury is still out for us. We had Dish for 12 years, and cable before them, cable was terrible, both in reliability, and in service. Dish was pretty good in reliability, and we never needed any service.

My only beef with Dish is with their spying ! Yea, spying, let me explain.

About six months ago, the wife and me get home from work, and fine our channel selection is limited to just the basic's, maybe ten channels, and real bull shit channels at that.

The wife call's Dish to fine out what's going on, we have their "everything" package, about 150 channels. They tell us we have an illegal dish hook up at our business, and their going to cancel our subscription unless we sign up for a commercial service, and for our PUNISHMENT their going to limit us to only ONE receiver at our home for 90 days.

Long story short, we told them to shove it, and had Direct TV installed. The cost is a little less, the signal is not as consistent but the features are head and shoulders above Dish. So far customer service has been top draw. We've had some issue's with ordering PPV off our remote, Direct has been great in helping with that matter.

What befuddles me is why Dish would trash a customer who's service was making them about $120 a month, and who was on "auto-pay", because one of our receivers was at our place of business, which had been set up by our local service provider. The whole thing seemed really weird to us. The minute I brought that to their attention they became very evasive.

I would recommend Direct TV over Dish, just on that issue alone.

I saw or heard something the other day about Dish losing market share to Direct, and Direct has now become the largest provider of Satellite TV. Not sure if that's true or not.

Hey there!
Dish Network and DirecTV are the major satellite television providers in the United States. Both offer comparatively the same first-class high def viewing, have access to all the same channels, and both have 24/7 technical support. The only significant comparison for these two providers is pricing.

You've got so many things to consider in terms of Satellite TV Comparison. But I guess if you're into sports, Direct TV has way more sports channels than Dish Network.

:eusa_whistle:

Where I live Direct is a much better deal for me based on the channels I want.

Only problem I've had is a couple of times when a lot of snow collected on the dish outside. Since it's mounted on a pole about 5 feet high because of so many trees all I had to do was wipe the stuff off of it and reception was fine. Now, had it been located up on my roof where most are I would have had no way to get to it, and no idea how long before Mother Nature cleaned it up.

I'm considering getting satellite TV. Which satellite TV company do you think is best, an why? :confused:

You'll end up hating either one, if you have any sensitivity to being ripped off.:lol:

By that I mean it's 70 bucks a month (if you're lucky) for packages that are 90% crap you will never watch.

Another inane product post. Look it up yourself. What good is ten or fifteen replies going to do for you? They both offer quality satelite service. Figure out what you want at the price you want and the capability of the TV you have.

New Topics

Forum List

Back