Disgusting

Well, one has to do with your right to vote and the other one has to do with your right to walk around the streets naked. People who can take their blinders off for .00005 seconds can see the difference...I'm betting thats too high a wall for you to climb.

You used to be so level headed....what happened?

Wrong. BOTH have to do with your right to vote.

If you can't walk on a city street naked, then unless you can buy some clothing, you can't go out to vote.

Exactly the same thing.

And in our land, where there are some folks (like foreigners) who are not permitted to vote in OUR elections, there is no discernible way to prevent that common sense law from being broken unless we set up some kind of system that makes it possible to identify who IS eligible to vote and who is not.

:confused:

Yeah, that is about as clear as mud.

One proves his eligibility to vote when he registers.

Stop believing the political spin and lies our there.
Arizona passed an I.D. law in 2004 signed into law By Governor Janet Napolitano (D).
Many states passed voter I.D. laws over the last 8 to 10 years, done by both parties.
Why?
Because the states found adequate proof that people where committing voter fraud.
Dead people were voting, pets were voting and many were found to be voting more than one time under different names. Many were found to be bused in from different counties and voting districts.

When I've voted in the past all they ask me is my name, look for me in the book and say 'is this you'. They don't even ask to see my registration card. I've asked 'don't you want to see some ID'? They just looked at me and blinked. 'How do you know I am this person'? Their response was 'sign here'. ???

I don't see what the big fuss is about showing ID in order to vote. Of all the things we need to show ID for, don't you think that voting is a biggie? I do.

When I've voted in the past all they ask me is my name, look for me in the book and say 'is this you'. They don't even ask to see my registration card. I've asked 'don't you want to see some ID'? They just looked at me and blinked. 'How do you know I am this person'? Their response was 'sign here'. ???

I don't see what the big fuss is about showing ID in order to vote. Of all the things we need to show ID for, don't you think that voting is a biggie? I do.

Anything that could possibly reduce voter fraud is automatically rejected by the democratics...

The issue is not that PennDOT is not charging for an ID, but rather, that the supporting documentation is not free. The instant any required thing becomes non-free as a prerequisite to voting, it becomes a poll tax, and poll taxes are unconstitutional.

So in order to get that ID (see prior paragraph), you would have to supply:

Social Security Card
AND
One of the following:
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization
Valid U.S. Passport
*Birth Certificate with a raised seal
PLUS
Two proofs of **residency such as lease agreements, current utility bills, mortgage documents, W-2 form, tax records

It cost $10 to get a new copy of my social security card, and it costs at least that much to get a copy of my birth certificate.

And yes. I am not one of them, but many MANY people don't have $13.50 - and IMO, they shouldn't have to.

Besides. What is really shocking about the OP is that the man said this to begin with.

ok, nice post. concise and raises some points.

let me ask you then;

One of the following:
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization
Valid U.S. Passport
*Birth Certificate with a raised seal
PLUS
Two proofs of **residency such as lease agreements, current utility bills, mortgage documents, W-2 form, tax records

who , does not have at least on of these aside from the SSI card?

and, don't you think its a tad patronizing to assume these folks don't have any of the above? Or maybe......

Not everyone does things in their own best interests, hell, theres over what, a million people that could get their kids on Schip, but don't because, they are just to indolent or non caring to do so *shrugs*some folks just don't give a crap about voting, we got what, 64% of the populace voting last time?....see?

I was on that list for a time. My marriage ended abruptly, I was living with my sister. When I got a job a few weeks later, my driver's license was not enough (and she loaned me the money for that) - I had to pay $10 for my social security card. At some point, I'll need more money for my birth certificate (since I didn't think to grab it on my way out the door).

I have a question. How many decades has this country NOT felt the need to make laws like this?

What's changed.

If you have a driver’s license, military ID, passport or certain other types of photo ID, you’re all set to vote, assuming that you are registered to vote.

New Topics

Forum List

Back