Discussion/Message Boards

Good thread. I got hooked on this stuff in 2004 when I wandered into the Hannity board by mistake. I am still active there under another name, but rarely post there any more - it basically went to hell.

Since 2004, I have probably been a member of eight or nine political message boards. The majority of them were what I would call satellite boards that sprung up when a small band of disgruntled posters from one board decided to go out and open up their own board. Boards like that usually don't last too long.

This Board is clearly the best of them all. In spite of the obligatory number of jerks, intelligent discussion is available. The format is great. Lots of forums. Well run.
So your screen name on Hannity is the guy named "Robo" I keep hearing about? :lol:
Nope.

Terral and eots are the closest thing here to good ole Robodoon.

BTW, he does have his own site...Just Google him.

Good thread. I got hooked on this stuff in 2004 when I wandered into the Hannity board by mistake. I am still active there under another name, but rarely post there any more - it basically went to hell.

Since 2004, I have probably been a member of eight or nine political message boards. The majority of them were what I would call satellite boards that sprung up when a small band of disgruntled posters from one board decided to go out and open up their own board. Boards like that usually don't last too long.

This Board is clearly the best of them all. In spite of the obligatory number of jerks, intelligent discussion is available. The format is great. Lots of forums. Well run.
So your screen name on Hannity is the guy named "Robo" I keep hearing about? :lol:
Nope.

Terral and eots are the closest thing here to good ole Robodoon.

BTW, he does have his own site...Just Google him.
Well you are correct there was another name but it escapes me. I think it started with a "B" a con but he was really a brute. Got banned I think in 04 maybe. He was heavy set with dark hair.

Okay, okay -- very best stern schoolmarm glare -- back on topic here. Places everybody. . . .

I was counting up and though I have registered on maybe a dozen or more sites, I think I have only seriously posted on five or six. Have been really active on only five and only on one longer or more active than here.

I left there because it became impossible for anybody who wasn't FAR left of center to comment on anything related to politics or social issues without being descended upon by trolls and disrupters who made sure no pertinent discussion would happen. The board was self-moderated but it just got to the point there was no point any more.

Three other sites I still look in on now and then but rarely post.

USMB has become home for me and I am slowly learning to know and understand you wacky folks here and value you all--well almost all--including the several 'lefties' I have on my friends list.

It is absolutely the best board going.

Okay, okay -- very best stern schoolmarm glare -- back on topic here. Places everybody. . . .

I was counting up and though I have registered on maybe a dozen or more sites, I think I have only seriously posted on five or six. Have been really active on only five and only on one longer or more active than here.

I left there because it became impossible for anybody who wasn't FAR left of center to comment on anything related to politics or social issues without being descended upon by trolls and disrupters who made sure no pertinent discussion would happen. The board was self-moderated but it just got to the point there was no point any more.

Three other sites I still look in on now and then but rarely post.

USMB has become home for me and I am slowly learning to know and understand you wacky folks here and value you all--well almost all--including the several 'lefties' I have on my friends list.

It is absolutely the best board going.
true dat

4th I think.

Yahoo Op/Ed MB's

When those shut down moved to a private one that one of the former users set up.

When that one went down, moved to Argue With Everyone.

When that one became an intolerable cesspool of racism and hatred, moved to this one.

Most likely painting my toenails since I bought the cutest pair of sandals today. I'll probably look at some message boards while the paint dries. Otherwise I'll just get drunk and have sex.

Fascinating. Tell me more.

You'll have to get me drunk first.

gran-patron-platinum_r2.jpg

Now I'm headed for the liquor store and you'll be to blame for whatever trouble I find. Thank you.

Forum List

Back