discuss show-time series "Homeland"

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
To tell the truth Showtime offered a free weekend on my satelite dish and hooked me with about five hours of the series in a single day. It was an intense suspenseful drama unlike most crap you see these days. I spotted a couple of goofs that maybe only a former Marine could pick out though.

I like the show. Looking forward to the next season. Damian Lewis is a damn fine actor and I've been a fan of Mandy Patinkin since Alien Nation.

I guess Lewis plays the Marine. He is great and I can't remember ever seeing him before. The CIA babe should be nominated for an award. She plays a confident agent and a drooling psycho with equal talent. Patinkin is great and he holds the series together. One of the goofs I noticed is that the Marine wears Sgt. stripes (3 stripes and crossed rifles) on the Dress Blues when he attends the political party but he wears Gunnery Sgt stripes (3 stripes, crossed rifles and two rockers) on his regular green uniform.

I guess Lewis plays the Marine. He is great and I can't remember ever seeing him before. The CIA babe should be nominated for an award. She plays a confident agent and a drooling psycho with equal talent. Patinkin is great and he holds the series together. One of the goofs I noticed is that the Marine wears Sgt. stripes (3 stripes and crossed rifles) on the Dress Blues when he attends the political party but he wears Gunnery Sgt stripes (3 stripes, crossed rifles and two rockers) on his regular green uniform.

Lewis was in Band of Brothers, among other things.

Manchurian Candidate at least showed that brainwashing techniques have their psychotic limits but if you accept the Homeland plot it is a well made series.

I very much enjoyed Homeland, but I hated the way they ended the season. I would have much preferred him setting off the bomb. It was a bit too ridiculous they way it played out.

Still, I'll be checking out season 2 to see where they go with it.

Forum List

Back