Disclosure vs Intimidation

2 party system, 3 , 4, whatever. Not sure it matters. Still us vs them.

I've been voting for the lesser of 2 evils since 1970, most of the time. I'd love to vote for somebody worthy, won't hold my breath waiting.
There is nothing stopping you from voting in someone worthy, other than your "us vs them" mentality. Therefor you are a part of the problem, not the solution. In my opinion of course.

Other thing is, the left and right do not have the same end in mind for our country. Who agrees with who on what the optimal outcome is?
Well... What's the last president do you think hasn't fucked over the country?

It's an unfair assessment you're making. It would be much like blaming the Donner Party survivors for eating their fellow voyagers. They have no choice and neither do "we".

Where as bad intel, climate, and a certain amount of hubris caused their circumstances, the US electorate is a victim of a system set up by those it benefits so naturally, the two parties work together to preserve the two choices. If there were a third party that was respectable; it would get funding from the same sources thus cutting into the influence of the two parties.

It is all about money.

The only way to change it is to have the constitution further perfected to change the rules of the game. We need 100% public financing of campaigns at the federal level with the funding being made available to anyone who get enough support from top to bottom. If two republicans are able to get enough support in the form of petitions of registered voters, both get funding for the general election.
I absolutely agree with most of what you just said.

Edit:

This reminds me of a discussion I had with an old boss right before he accepted my resignation from the company.

Verbatim

Boss: You know you'll have problems like this no matter where you work.
Me: You know I had other jobs before this one right? I would still be there.... nevermind it doesn't matter. I think that's something old people tell themselves to make them feel better about their situation.
Boss: I accept your resignation.
Me: Mass respect to you <name of boss>, good luck.

Last edited:

It appears to be a factual list of those who have contributed to Governor Romney's campaign. How that makes it an "enemies list" is unclear.

Why highlight these people, and why say they have a less than reputable reputation? What makes their reputation less than reputable?

It appears to be a factual list of those who have contributed to Governor Romney's campaign. How that makes it an "enemies list" is unclear.

Why highlight these people, and why say they have a less than reputable reputation? What makes their reputation less than reputable?

I'm not sure that is happening. Can you give examples?

check this out.......

BUENOS AIRES &#8212; If you want to publicly criticize Argentina&#8217;s government, make sure all your tax filings are in order.

That was the thinly veiled message President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner sent Wednesday near the end of a speech broadcast on all national television and radio stations. Reiterating her standard criticism that media &#8220;operations&#8221; are depressing Argentinians with gloom-and-doom stories, she derided an article published last Sunday. (She didn&#8217;t say this, but the paper that ran it was Clarín, the country&#8217;s largest-circulation daily.) In the story, the owner of a real-estate agency, one of its directors and an employee were quoted complaining that recent government measures essentially blocking the sale of foreign currency to citizens had paralyzed their business.

If you want to publicly criticize Argentina&#8217;s government, make sure all your tax filings are in order.

The Argentinian Government Unleashes the Tax Agency on Its Critics - NYTimes.com

at least she says it straight out...:lol:

The problem is not disclosure and transparency.

The problem is abuse of power by the current administration and their henchthugs in the bureaucracy, unions, and media.
The problem of abuse of power in America reached its zenith under the Nixon Administration, when the president and his men were got caught with all their hands in the Watergate "cookie jar" - and then tried to bluff their way out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back