Disband the air force!!!!11!!

You see thats were the fault lies. My country has principle's since the founding

Tell it to Washington's slaves

The Left has pushed America to live up to its stated principles. You know, like all men being equal and not some being born into slavery due to the colour of their skin.

I'm sure Iraq, Guatemala, and the rest of the world all agree.

Oh, and the kids from MKULTRA.

your country( president )isn't.
Let me guess, we're back to the 'NOT MY PRESIDENT' image macros we saw from the Dems when Bush was in office?

It's like you idiots trade scripts and perform the same show over and over.

As I said my country is great lebrials have tried to transform it into another 3rd world country so everybody will be equal. equally poor that is.
What are lebrials?

Liberals founded the nation, btw.

Hey, it's your argument.

The constitution sets up the president to be the commander and chief of the US military in article 2 of the constitution:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States

See, no air force

1. The air force was formed under the Army, which is mentioned in the constitution, the formation of the US Army Air Corps was a section of the Army-therefore it is 100% constitutional.
Then, too, Beck's Obama Corps. Why, then, list the various branches at all? Why did they not simply say he is CIC of all military forces? Unless you advocate a liberal reading of COTUS and interpreting as you see fit- but then we're back to the original complaint from the Right.
2. Truman as president-and presiding commander and chief of the US army (as the constitution plainly states), allowed the Air Force to become it's own separate. Being as Truman was the commander and chief at the time, he had the authority under the constitution to allow this to happen-and obviously didn't see fit to prevent it.
So the president can do anything at all with the military and it's always constitutional?

So your argument isn't whether the air force is constitutional or not-but whether the name is? Talk about a really bad trolling attempt. I'm not even going to feed into that anymore. That or you're the biggest moron/jackass I've ever seen on these message boards-and that's saying a lot!

The branches are separate so they can all run themselves more independently, and efficiently. This doesn't mean that the president isn't the head of all of the branches though. Jeez.

PS-If you really don't think Truman could have stopped the Air Force from becoming it's own branch of the military-you need to do some research on the role of the president as the Commander and Chief before you comment on it any longer.

Tell it to Washington's slaves

The Left has pushed America to live up to its stated principles. You know, like all men being equal and not some being born into slavery due to the colour of their skin.

I'm sure Iraq, Guatemala, and the rest of the world all agree.

Oh, and the kids from MKULTRA.

Let me guess, we're back to the 'NOT MY PRESIDENT' image macros we saw from the Dems when Bush was in office?

It's like you idiots trade scripts and perform the same show over and over.

As I said my country is great lebrials have tried to transform it into another 3rd world country so everybody will be equal. equally poor that is.
What are lebrials?

The founders where not liberal nor were they consrevatives they were nothing like modern day polticans. care to try again?

So... defense means they can make up new military forces but Article 1 Section 8 means they can't provide for the general prosperity of the nation and its people by ensuring a wage above that of the old sharecroppers and preventing 8-year-olds from being sent into the mines?
in what way does paying SOME few people minimum wage provide for the GENERAL welfare of the UNITED STATES?

It ensures ALL people make at least minimum wage, not SOME people.
No it doesn't, it only gaurentees that the 1/3 or so of people who work make at least MW.

Because noone (so, General...not some) is below a minimum standard, it's pretty simple.
Oh really? What of those without jobs because the demand for labor has been decreased by its artificially high cost, are they not below that minmum standard?

There's no standard for non wage-earners, except for Unemployment.
There is no national standard for unemployment and not all unemployed people are elligeable. MW laws do not benefit all people and are therefore not in keeping with article one authorization to "provide for the GENERAL welfare of the UNITED STATES". Which of course didn't have a damned thing to do with giving money to some few people by taking it from most all people (<<<<< that would be what GENERAL means) to begin with.

No, it's not.

The Army is. The Navy is. The Militias are. The Coast Guard and the Air Force are not.

Not constitutionally. You want an air force, change the constitution.

Or are you now proposing a 'living constitution' like some kind of liberocommieprogressive?

the air force was originally part of the army.....;) Truman rightfully split them off....

The United States Air Force (USAF) is the aerial warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the American uniformed services. Initially part of the United States Army, the USAF was formed as a separate branch of the military on September 18, 1947 under the National Security Act of 1947.[1] It is the most recent branch of the U.S. military to be formed. The USAF articulates its core functions in its 2010 Posture Statement as Nuclear Deterrence Operations, Special Operations, Air Superiority, Global Integrated ISR, Space Superiority, Command and Control, Cyberspace Superiority, Personnel Recovery, Global Precision Attack, Building Partnerships, Rapid Global Mobility and Agile Combat Support.[4]

United States Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if Obama creates an 'OBAMA CORPS' stong enough to rival the military and to operate outside the existing chain of command- as Beck insists he will do- that's fine so long as its core is a split from the Army?
Yet more sillyness. Which "President" created the USAF?

IT'S NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION! THAT MAKES IT TYRANNY!

GET YOUR GUNS, TEABAGGERS! SET YOUR SURVEYORS' MARKS ON THE AIR FORCE AND END THIS ABUSE!!

until they amend the constitution, the Air Force is unconstitutional

No it is not. It is part of the MILITARY which is EXPRESSLY allowed in the Constitution. Further one could argue that like the Navy and unlike the Army, since it is a Strategic asset it does not fall under the 2 year budget arrangement in the Constitution for Army Forces.

Got any other strawmen arguments?

e gads...

The Congress of the US can create any agency or department they deem to be neccessary and proper to provide for the common defence. Thus by law the USAF was created, the only constitutional question would be does it actually "provide for the common defence" which of course would make the law "neccesary and propper". The obvious answer is YES it does making any constitutional argument against it really, really dumb.

Last edited:
IT'S NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION! THAT MAKES IT TYRANNY!

GET YOUR GUNS, TEABAGGERS! SET YOUR SURVEYORS' MARKS ON THE AIR FORCE AND END THIS ABUSE!!

until they amend the constitution, the Air Force is unconstitutional

No it is not. It is part of the MILITARY which is EXPRESSLY allowed in the Constitution. Further one could argue that like the Navy and unlike the Army, since it is a Strategic asset it does not fall under the 2 year budget arrangement in the Constitution for Army Forces.

Got any other strawmen arguments?

Have you forgotten these statist think the constitution should be specfic word for word like the government is authorized to have an Air Force, but it's out date and does not mean what it says when dealing with the second amendment.

Show me where the Air Force appears in the Constitution

JLookey-kooky,

You are insane.

And, BTW......go fuck yourself.
So you couldn''t find it either?

JLookyKooky,

In case you haven't noticed, or too STUPID to know the essential facts: The Air Force is an essential part of the Military. And the Military is permissible under the Constitution.

And, let me repeat:

You are insane.

And, just to make it clear:

Fuck you for trying to weaken our beloved country, you Obamarrhoidal farthead.

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Some people are just plain ignorant.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Do you really think that Washington, Jefferson and those guys believed that man would fly?
Irrelevant.

Like I already said, cavalry was an integral part of military maneuvers in the time of the founding, though the pertinent section of Article 1, Section 8 says nothing about stables...Unless, of course, you count the "and other needful buildings" part.

What are lebrials?

The founders where not liberal nor were they consrevatives they were nothing like modern day polticans. care to try again?

They were all Liberals.

Have you ever heard of Locke? Do you know who Hume was?

Do you know what Liberalism is?

Evidently not.

Liberalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

If one is truly DELUSIONAL enough to THINK that one can have a LITERAL interpretation of the Consitution then the AIR Force, Homeland Security, the CIA, FBI, and a whole host of other organziations in executivbe branch of the Federal Government would be disbanded and defunded.

I note that our right wing (I hate all social welfare) folks like to ignore that fact while they're bitching about other (according to them unconsitutional) departments like the Department of Education, Energy and the SEC.

Odd how they can so clearly understand the unconsitutional nature in the case of those things they disapporve of, but NOT of organizations that they DO approve of like Homeland Security, isn't it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back