Disaster for the US Workforce

He said he wants merit based immigration. I also hope he vetos it.

Last edited:
Bill To Remove H1B Visa Limit For Indians, Chinese Passed By US House; But President Trump May Block It

This will allow 300,000 Indian Business into the US this year, not to mention other nations inundating our workforce.
If Trump does not veto this Bill he loses my support.
Don't worry-they have to leave unlike the permanent illegal cockroach.
They get extended until 6 years.
They then get Green Cards, fired and welfare.

Bill To Remove H1B Visa Limit For Indians, Chinese Passed By US House; But President Trump May Block It

This will allow 300,000 Indian Business into the US this year, not to mention other nations inundating our workforce.
If Trump does not veto this Bill he loses my support.
Well, if those Indians get jobs doing something besides telemarketing from Mumbai, I'll be fine with it.

That isn't the real risk though. If a rich person creates a business in the US, they can sell those "jobs" to foreigners who then can buy their way into the US as "employees".

Many illegals over stay there visa. We need to end immigration until we can fix it

Immegration should be merit based. And all those Americans in jobs like IT and other white collar jobs deserve to to be tapped on the shoulder and told to clean out their desk because their jobs have been filled by some one who will do it for less pay. It's time the so called middle class really starts to feel the pinch that real working people have felt by the wetback slaves congress insist on importing.

He said he wants merit based immigration.
Who determines merit when none of them are interviewed?

I hope he vetos it as well. I can't believe the House passed it.
Why cant you believe it? Pelosi just stated are borders and laws are meaningless
You are conversing with Penelopee.
At least she seems to recognize this is bad policy...….

Immegration should be merit based. And all those Americans in jobs like IT and other white collar jobs deserve to to be tapped on the shoulder and told to clean out their desk because their jobs have been filled by some one who will do it for less pay. It's time the so called middle class really starts to feel the pinch that real working people have felt by the wetback slaves congress insist on importing.
Americans were tossed out of IT by GW in 2004.

Their college diploma.
What’s an Indian College Diploma worth when they can’t get a job in their own country?

I hope he vetos it as well. I can't believe the House passed it.
Why cant you believe it? Pelosi just stated are borders and laws are meaningless
You are conversing with Penelopee.
At least she seems to recognize this is bad policy...….

I have always bitched about the visas, student and job related.
----------------------------------------------------

H.R. 1044 is a “modest but important change to our immigration laws” to “alleviate hardships associated with lengthy visa backlogs” without increasing the total number of visas, chief sponsor Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) said on the House floor July 10. The wait time for green cards, which can reach 70 years, “has become an emergency in some sectors” that necessitates quick action, she said.

Per-country caps and the resultant backlog are “depressing wages, hurting American workers, and hindering further economic growth,” said co-sponsor Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.). “Seventy-year backlogs are only going to dissuade talented individuals from coming to the United States,” he said.

Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, was the lone lawmaker speaking against the bill. “I agree with the concept,” and “there probably should not have been a cap from the onset,” he said.

But the bill language is “not ready for prime time,” Collins said. Instead, it should first go through committee and the markup process rather than going straight to the floor without amendments, he said.

Bill to Remove Caps on Employment-Based Visas OK’d (2)

Forum List

Back