Disaster Capitalism

Naomi Klein has no business writing about economics. Her book has been widely panned, and as soon as I get url posting privileges, I will share some of the takedowns of the Shock Doctrine.

round and round we go....

what part of greed do you folks think is exclusively partisan?

if y'all want to blame anyone but the people who were given free rien to exercise greed on a national level, then y'all are doomed to be thier b*tch

~S~

Naomi Klein has no business writing about economics. Her book has been widely panned, and as soon as I get url posting privileges, I will share some of the takedowns of the Shock Doctrine.

I'll do it for you.

People Take Naomi Klein Seriously? - Toro's Running of the Bulls Market Blog
Johan Norberg's Critique of Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine - Toro's Running of the Bulls Market Blog
Criticism of Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine From the Left - Toro's Running of the Bulls Market Blog

So when the country fails to pay it debts you think what will happen?

Umm, raising the dent limit simply creates more debt. Based on that, please explain in your own words how accruing more debt helps pay debt?
most of you lefties care not for the country as a whole. Your primary interest is in seeing your sacred cow social entitlements continue to be funded.
Who cares if taxes skyrocket and the country goes deeper into debt? As long as the people you lefties feel sorry for are taken care of.....
Why is it your compassion for the less fortunate begins in other people's bank accounts?

No...not raising the debt ceiling means we default on loans. TRY that with you credit card and watch 12% interest go to 30%...

I'll do it for you.

People Take Naomi Klein Seriously? - Toro's Running of the Bulls Market Blog
Johan Norberg's Critique of Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine - Toro's Running of the Bulls Market Blog
Criticism of Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine From the Left - Toro's Running of the Bulls Market Blog

great pains to paint yet another casandra as a conspirator Toro

and although you're well written, you;ve convienetly levft out an entire history of insiduos bumps in the economic road leading up to the systemic flaws we all enjoy now

Bush warned Congress years before it happened.

Folks like Barney Frwank and Chris Dodd ignored him.

When the Dems took over Jan of 07 they tightened lending regulations. Up until that point anyone could get a loan with no qualifications under the Sub-prime program using "Stated Income" as a qualification. I was a loan officer during in the period leading up to the housing debacle so I know what was going on.

I remember seeing families that couldn't afford to pay their rent moving into mansions and trashing the place, living rent free, then just leaving the place a mess. This was going on all over the country. Somebody told them they could get away with it, so they did it.

Some people that obtained ARM loans during the period before 07 needed to refinance to avoid massive increases in their payments and found they no-longer qualified for the home they lived in. So many of them defaulted and just walked away from their mortgages. People that need these types of programs even to qualify for a loan in the first place due to bad credit did what they always do, they shirked their responsibility.

A lack of accountability is the primary cause of the sub-prime crisis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYz1rbB5V1s&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Who is Responsible? (Meltdown): Fannie Mae - Freddie Mac - Wall Street - Bill Clinton - George Bush?‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis‬‏[/ame]
The libs will do anything or say anything to discredit this and other video/audio evidence.
I suppose the libs will say things like..."it' edited to make the democrats look bad"....."it's fake!"
And of course their old fall back position, "Bush did it"....

So it's ALL THE DEMS FAULT?????
I hate to break it to you, but your hero's were involved too!
Anyone and I mean anyone, who thinks just one party was responsible is either a frikken idiot or a brain washed tool and I'm saying that to BOTH righties and lefties.
The main culprits are Greenspan, Bernanke and the Fed, followed by the banks, then we can point fingers a both parties.

Forum List

Back