Disappointing partisanship from NRA CEO

Gun rights are among the stupidest motivator of the dumb voter. No one is taking your gun, nor mommy's skirt for you to hide behind or obfuscate important issues. The odd coalition of the disturbed that make up the right wing in America represents why there is no hope for sanity among the insane. The least important thing in most people's lives is whether they are armed and dangerous. Let's see I have no healthcare, no job, no pension, no 401k, no home, no prospects but I have my gun, hallelujah, 'my gun keep me warm and safe and I'm gonna vote for Congressman Steal-em-Blind Buffoon cause I supports the NRA et al and they supports me gun. Congressman Buffoon hes on our side.'

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud-- I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. " In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

It is impossible to understand the current Second Amendment debate without lingering over Burger's words. Burger was a cautious person as well as a conservative judge, and the chief justice of the Supreme Court is unlikely to offer a controversial position on a constitutional question in an interview on national television."

The Most Mysterious Right | The New Republic

Two things come too mind
obamas comment about going under the rader on gun control and operation gunrunner

The fear ginned up by the gangsters at the NRA about Democrats conspiring to "take away your guns!" has been happening in every election I have ever voted in! All the way back to Jimmy Carter in 1976, the same mouth breathers from the NRA Office of Fear Mongering and General Propaganda have dusted off the old playbook and rolled out the same moldy scenario. All meant, and with some effect, to scare the living bejesus out of rednecks and Fox viewers.

It has never happened. There's no real indication that it will EVER happen. But there's value in fear when controlling the ignorant. And the NRA never misses a chance to further control the ignorant. Mix up the message! Change a syllable or two, just to see if we're paying attention! But, consistency is what makes the propagandists on K Street fat and happy. The NRA knows a good thing when they shoot it!

The fear ginned up by the gangsters at the NRA about Democrats conspiring to "take away your guns!" has been happening in every election I have ever voted in! All the way back to Jimmy Carter in 1976, the same mouth breathers from the NRA Office of Fear Mongering and General Propaganda have dusted off the old playbook and rolled out the same moldy scenario. All meant, and with some effect, to scare the living bejesus out of rednecks and Fox viewers.

It has never happened. There's no real indication that it will EVER happen. But there's value in fear when controlling the ignorant. And the NRA never misses a chance to further control the ignorant. Mix up the message! Change a syllable or two, just to see if we're paying attention! But, consistency is what makes the propagandists on K Street fat and happy. The NRA knows a good thing when they shoot it!

oh bullshit obama told sarah brady that he had to work under the radar for gun control, and then we findout about operation gunrunner, this adminastraition using their own crimes to install another gun ban. But they were busted.

I wonder why a supporter of the 2nd amendment could have such fears? What could have our country's leader said and/or done to get them concerned? Let's take a look:

FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.

FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.

There are more, here's the link:

http://www.nraila.org/obama/

Last edited:
Let's not forget about the true intent of operation gunrunner
So, what was the intent then? Some massive government conspiracy I bet. Got evidence for that view?

The idea that it was a backdoor to gun control by sacrificing the lives of innocent Americans is asinine and comparable to 9/11 truthers that believe Bush orchestrated the attack for his agenda. Both are crazy.

Not true - the democrats WERE taking guns away. It was a slow process but they were getting there one law at a time then the SCOTUS changed that and today, there is little to no chance that agenda will go anywhere soon. The NRA simply has not come up with a new playbook yet and they are lost. They have to justify asking for money somehow and they don't know a better way yet...

I've always been a supporter of the NRA's cause, which as I understand it, is defending the 2nd Amendment. But this speech from Wayne LaPierre indicates that defending the 2nd Amendment has taken a back seat to supporting the GOP. That's very disappointing to me.

Sure, I know some of you will immediately dismiss this because it was run on the Daily Show, but the facts speak for themselves.

Wayne's World - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 09/29/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

I'm a hunter and gun enthusiast, and I've been a NRA member most of my life. However, I have always known it was GOP slanted - but never to the point it is now. Wayne LaPierre should be wearing a Halloween mask because he is trying to scare the shit out of everyone to boost membership and GOP support. I quit the NRA because of this nonsense.

Let's not forget about the true intent of operation gunrunner
So, what was the intent then? Some massive government conspiracy I bet. Got evidence for that view?

The idea that it was a backdoor to gun control by sacrificing the lives of innocent Americans is asinine and comparable to 9/11 truthers that believe Bush orchestrated the attack for his agenda. Both are crazy.

No it's not asinine remember when clinton holder and obama made those speeches about the border killing and how American sold guns were going accross the border. They were talking about gun control then. obama even toldsarah brady that he had to do gun issues under the radar, and guess what they were right American guns were allowed by this adminasration to cross the border while they were talking gun con trol or worse gun ban. Now tell me thats just a coencedence? No it's not they knew it and still talked about needing to do something about the guns.

I think Dems have realized that gun owners are a constituency that they don't want to antagonize unnecessarily.
.....But, that never stops those nut-jobs from comin'-up with reeeaaallly cool conspiracies!!!

"....the administration hasn't done anything on gun rights in the first term intentionally in order to lull gun owners in a false sense of security and keep them from voting...."

323.png

318.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back