Disappointing partisanship from NRA CEO

They do have good programs & benefits but I just don't like the, often disingenuous, scare-tactics they use to get people to join. Obama..... BOO!!! :eek: :lol: I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Libral, a vet, and a gun owner. :afro:

Last edited:
I guess you have trouble with the wording "well regulated" then, eh? Not unusual for idiots of your ilk.

You'd be guessing incorrectly. "Well regulated" refers to a state of preparedness obtained after rigorous and persistent training. Having the right to keep and bear arms is required for one to be well regulated.

Well regulated doesn't mean government regulated.

Sorry to burst your bubble :thup:
A very convenient way to side step a sticky wicket! I'd try it too if I were intellectually dishonest. But there it is. Big as life. In clear, concise English. "A well regulated militia..."

My goodness your ignorance is showing! Well regulated does NOT mean the government gets to restrict gun ownership...in fact it's exactly the opposite. The Supreme Court also disagrees with your take on 'well regulated'...as did the founding fathers as we can see in the Federalist papers. You need to do some homework there pal.

I've always been a supporter of the NRA's cause, which as I understand it, is defending the 2nd Amendment. But this speech from Wayne LaPierre indicates that defending the 2nd Amendment has taken a back seat to supporting the GOP. That's very disappointing to me.

Sure, I know some of you will immediately dismiss this because it was run on the Daily Show, but the facts speak for themselves.

Wayne's World - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 09/29/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

For the last 15 years the NRA has been nothing but a bank for the GOP. I will not renew my membership until Wane La Pierre is out, and the leadership purged. The organization is ruined in my opinion, and no better then acorn.

Last edited:
For the last time, Stewart is not a source of news. He is a comedian. The Tea Party tries to put pressure on the GOP to support 2nd Amendment rights because the democrat party is a lost cause. Support for the 2nd Amendment and support for the GOP usually go hand in hand but not always.

reality called.

it said you're a partisan hack douchebag.

:thup:

"....shall not be infringed."

These four words define the entire argument.

Ok, let's explore that......

Children are entitled to the same Bill of Rights as everyone else. Does that mean preventing a 6 year old child from taking a loaded gun to school is an infringement?

Felons, once their sentence is complete, have their rights restored to them. Does that mean laws preventing them from carrying a gun is an infringement?

Children are entitled to the same Bill of Rights as everyone else. Does that mean preventing a 6 year old child from taking a loaded gun to school is an infringement?

Felons, once their sentence is complete, have their rights restored to them. Does that mean laws preventing them from carrying a gun is an infringement?

The Constitution makes no allowance for federal government involvement in schools. Therefore, schools are private property where it would up to the property's owner as to whether or not to allow a child to carry a weapon into that school. For what it's worth, where I grew up my buddies and I would take our shotguns to school during hunting season so we could hit the fields afterwards. We stored them in the Math teacher's back closet. No one gave a shit.

Under the Constitution, there is nothing to prevent a felon that has served his sentence fully from bearing a firearm. States may legally differ in that regard.

Bottom line, when it comes to the FEDERAL government, it really does mean what it says. We can own weapons and the feds cannot infringe upon that right.

The Constitution makes no allowance for federal government involvement in schools. Therefore, schools are private property where it would up to the property's owner as to whether or not to allow a child to carry a weapon into that school. For what it's worth, where I grew up my buddies and I would take our shotguns to school during hunting season so we could hit the fields afterwards. We stored them in the Math teacher's back closet. No one gave a shit.

Under the Constitution, there is nothing to prevent a felon that has served his sentence fully from bearing a firearm. States may legally differ in that regard.

Bottom line, when it comes to the FEDERAL government, it really does mean what it says. We can own weapons and the feds cannot infringe upon that right.

WHAT!!?? So now you're going to tell me that a local cop can bust down your door and search you and your house and it would NOT be a violation of your constitutional rights? :lol: :cuckoo:

And that when the ACLU sued (or threatened suit) against schools for violating the students rights to free speech and practing their religion? :confused:

ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression | American Civil Liberties Union

Simply put......The Bill of Rights does NOT apply only to the federal government. ALL governments must comply with constitutional laws.

WHAT!!?? So now you're going to tell me that a local cop can bust down your door and search you and your house and it would NOT be a violation of your constitutional rights? :lol: :cuckoo:

And that when the ACLU sued (or threatened suit) against schools for violating the students rights to free speech and practing their religion? :confused:

ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression | American Civil Liberties Union

Simply put......The Bill of Rights does NOT apply only to the federal government. ALL governments must comply with constitutional laws.

No, the cop would need a warrant...which of course has NOTHING to do with the point at hand. We were talking about federal oversight of schools and the 2nd amendment. I understand that states must comply with the federal constitution, especially when the amendments have been incorporated but bringing up cops busting down doors is red herring. You were simply wrong with the "ok, let's explore that" examples you brought up. were

Not sure if this is relevent. Obama has been less inclined than Clinton was to engage on gun control issues. He didn't even use the Giffords shooting as an excuse to propose new laws. (Clinton, he'd have been all over that.)

I think Dems have realized that gun owners are a constituency that they don't want to antagonize unnecessarily.

I don't like the NRA. Had they stuck with the primary arguments it would have been fine, but they did not. They decided to get involved in all kinds of things. So, for over 20 years I have not liked this group.

The 2nd Amendment has already been incorporated, there is not one legit argument that they have. So, I guess it is all the better for them to show what they are really about.

So, this thread keeps spiraling back into the done-to-death 2nd Amendment debates, so I'll repeat the original post. Obama has not been anti-gun since coming into office and anyone who thinks he's "biding his time," has no grasp of politics or reality. All he's even done on the guns issue is to relax restrictions.

I've always been a supporter of the NRA's cause, which as I understand it, is defending the 2nd Amendment. But this speech from Wayne LaPierre indicates that defending the 2nd Amendment has taken a back seat to supporting the GOP. That's very disappointing to me.

Sure, I know some of you will immediately dismiss this because it was run on the Daily Show, but the facts speak for themselves.

Wayne's World - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 09/29/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
thats because supporting the GOP is defending the 2nd Amendment !!:eusa_eh:

I was under the impression the NRA was the main lobbying arm of weapons manufacturers and dealers. That the 2nd amendment was not the purview of the NRA. Because the NRA ignores the "well regulated militia" bit.

You would be wrong yet again, douchebag.
Established in 1990, the NRA Foundation, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearms-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context.
NRA Foundation Mission Statement

And you are equally wrong about the militia needing regulation, which in your tiny mind amounts to a ream of orders from some unaccountable bureaucrat. Go look at Scalia's Heller decision for the court.

As to the OP: Circumstances have prevented Obama from instuting new and drastic firearms laws. He would love to and has repeatedly said he would. Politicially it is a loser, the votes aren't there.
But the NRA is largely non partisan. They gave Harry Reid an A rating for example.
I let my membership in the NRA lapse for a variety of reasons, among them they seem less interested in individual rights and more interested in raising money and engaging in scare tactics to do so. When the guy called me at 9:30 at night to urge me togive because the gun grabbers would get the upper hand that pretty much sealed it.

Gun rights are among the stupidest motivator of the dumb voter. No one is taking your gun, nor mommy's skirt for you to hide behind or obfuscate important issues. The odd coalition of the disturbed that make up the right wing in America represents why there is no hope for sanity among the insane. The least important thing in most people's lives is whether they are armed and dangerous. Let's see I have no healthcare, no job, no pension, no 401k, no home, no prospects but I have my gun, hallelujah, 'my gun keep me warm and safe and I'm gonna vote for Congressman Steal-em-Blind Buffoon cause I supports the NRA et al and they supports me gun. Congressman Buffoon hes on our side.'

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud-- I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. " In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

It is impossible to understand the current Second Amendment debate without lingering over Burger's words. Burger was a cautious person as well as a conservative judge, and the chief justice of the Supreme Court is unlikely to offer a controversial position on a constitutional question in an interview on national television."

The Most Mysterious Right | The New Republic

No, the cop would need a warrant...which of course has NOTHING to do with the point at hand. We were talking about federal oversight of schools and the 2nd amendment. I understand that states must comply with the federal constitution, especially when the amendments have been incorporated but bringing up cops busting down doors is red herring. You were simply wrong with the "ok, let's explore that" examples you brought up. were

The reason the cop needs a WARRANT is to protect the person's Constitutional Rights which as EVERYTHING to do with the point at hand.

"Amendments have been incorporated"?????? What do you mean incorporated? There is no "incorporation" if you're implying that the states have a choice in following them.

So again I ask......

i thought the NRA was tax exempt/non profit like churches, therefore it limits their political speak regarding the support for one party? they can support a political cause but not a political party or candidate....or something like that?

Forum List

Back