Disappointed Romney supporter getting ready for

Why are you getting ready for that? no matter who Obama faces, he is going to have a tough reelection.

• Banned
Coz I think there's a good chance now that Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

Last edited:
Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Ummm... I know not of what you speak re: Santorum.

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

There is no telling who will be the nominee right now.

Why is it everyone starts getting all pessimistic at the slightest setback?

This is really frustrating me right now.

Romney will get the nomination and Romney will lose

I almost thought you were getting ready to say...."Disappointed Romney supporter ready to support the Constitution and Ron Paul".

Nonetheless, you are a RHINO who thinks that Romney is an exemplar individual to uphold the Constitution while Obama is not.

• Banned

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

I started to add this to my post above but got two responses before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

Last edited:

You might do well to bear in mind the importance of the Catholic vote to your messiah's reelection. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

I added this to my post above but got two answers before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

It always boils down to abortion doesn't it? Romney claims to be pro-life but the liberal side of the republican party believes he really doesn't mean it so he is OK. Santorum however is really pro-life and that seems to alarm border line republicans. Will the abortion issue make a difference in the "anyone but Barry" attitude? I doubt it.

I added this to my post above but got two answers before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

There are some tremendously liberal Catholics. I realize that many have reservations now but I figure Obama will be able to buffalo most of them.

He'll make some speech or something which sounds pretty though it in no way changes what he has set in motion before, and then people will say, "oh that makes it so much better" and go back to supporting him.

Kind of like the about-face Ed Koch did about Obama on the subject of Israel.

There are some tremendously liberal Catholics. I realize that many have reservations now but I figure Obama will be able to buffalo most of them.

He'll make some speech or something which sounds pretty though it in no way changes what he has set in motion before, and then people will say, "oh that makes it so much better" and go back to supporting him.

In 2004, the Catholic vote went to Bush, in 2008 to Obama. And now he has insulted us and lied to our Arch Bishop. Sure there are some liberal Catholics, there are some conservative Catholics... but most are not. Most are moderate.... but they do support the Church.

In 2004, the Catholic vote went to Bush, in 2008 to Obama. And now he has insulted us and lied to our Arch Bishop. Sure there are some liberal Catholics, there are some conservative Catholics... but most are not. Most are moderate.... but they do support the Church.

Do YOU speak for all catholics? :doubt:
crymearivera.jpg

Last edited:

You might do well to bear in mind the importance of the Catholic vote to your messiah's reelection. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

What does that have to do with Romney being the eventual nominee?

Who's "us"?

You think your view is the majority view among Catholics nationwide?

Who's "us"?

exactly. She doesn't even know that she's a "fringer"
4.gif

Who's "us"?

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

Forum List

Back