Disabled N.C. Man Dies After Being Shot With Stun Gun...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
No we don't have a problem with our Poilice. They're always right...Except when they're wrong.

A 61-year-old Halifax County Man died Tuesday, a day after police shocked him with a stun gun while he was riding his bike, family members said.

Scotland Neck Police Chief Joe Williams said they received a call Monday night about a man who fell off of his bicycle and injured himself in the parking lot of the BB&T bank, 1001Main St. The caller was concerned that the man was drunk.

When Officer John Turner arrived, he saw Roger Anthony pedaling away along 10th Street. He followed Anthony in his patrol car, briefly put on his sirens and lights and yelled out of the window for him to stop, but Anthony continued to ride away, police said.

Williams said Turner then saw Anthony take something out his pocket and put it into his mouth. At that time, Turner got out of the car and yelled for Anthony to stop. When Anthony didn't stop, the officer used a stun gun on him, causing him to fall off of his bike.

Anthony was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital, where he was declared brain dead, his sister Gladys Freeman said. He was taken off of life support on Tuesday.

Freeman said her brother was disabled, suffered from seizures and had trouble hearing. She said he was riding his bike home from her house on Sunday Night. Anthony lived alone in an independent living community.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10415249/
http://drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
No we don't have a problem with our Poilice. They're always right...Except when they're wrong.

A 61-year-old Halifax County Man died Tuesday, a day after police shocked him with a stun gun while he was riding his bike, family members said.

Scotland Neck Police Chief Joe Williams said they received a call Monday night about a man who fell off of his bicycle and injured himself in the parking lot of the BB&T bank, 1001Main St. The caller was concerned that the man was drunk.

When Officer John Turner arrived, he saw Roger Anthony pedaling away along 10th Street. He followed Anthony in his patrol car, briefly put on his sirens and lights and yelled out of the window for him to stop, but Anthony continued to ride away, police said.

Williams said Turner then saw Anthony take something out his pocket and put it into his mouth. At that time, Turner got out of the car and yelled for Anthony to stop. When Anthony didn't stop, the officer used a stun gun on him, causing him to fall off of his bike.

Anthony was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital, where he was declared brain dead, his sister Gladys Freeman said. He was taken off of life support on Tuesday.

Freeman said her brother was disabled, suffered from seizures and had trouble hearing. She said he was riding his bike home from her house on Sunday Night. Anthony lived alone in an independent living community.

Halifax County man dies after being shot with stun gun :: WRAL.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

People need to learn that when a policeman tells you to stop. You stop.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

People need to learn that when a policeman tells you to stop. You stop.

Guess you didn't read the article. The man was disabled. And now he's dead.

According to the article, he has problems that contributed to his death. I hardly expect the police to know the medical history of every person on the street. That's something the left thinks.

BRIDGEPORT -- City police have identified the man who died Sunday in police custody as 51-year-old Ronald Cristiano of Trumbull.

Cristiano was hit at least three times with a stun gun by Bridgeport police Sunday after a struggle with police and emergency medical personnel.

Cristiano was naked at the time and may have been under the influence of drugs, police said Sunday. He went into cardiac arrest at the scene and died a short time later.

Officers Victor Rodriguez and Minerva Feliciano were called to 98 Wilkins Ave. at 10:30 a.m. Sunday to help subdue the man, who police said later was acting erratically and resisting the efforts of the American Medical Response technicians to help him into the ambulance.

The agitated man tried to assault one of the medical technicians, police said. While trying to gain control of the subject, the police officers used their electronic control device at least three times to get the man into custody.

"Both Officers Rodriguez and Feliciano acted properly and in accordance with our policies regarding the use of electronic control devices to gain compliance from uncooperative and/or combative subjects," Chief Joseph L. Gaudett Jr. said. "They performed admirably and in a highly professional manner to gain control of a difficult situation."

Read more: Police ID man who died in custody - Connecticut Post

We had a case just like this, well it happened a few years ago but the cop finally went to trial. He is now facing prison time, and rightly so.
I usually don't feel bad for criminals who resist arrest, but this man was obviously not attacking the cop and this could have been dealt with in another way.

We had a case just like this, well it happened a few years ago but the cop finally went to trial. He is now facing prison time, and rightly so.
I usually don't feel bad for criminals who resist arrest, but this man was obviously not attacking the cop and this could have been dealt with in another way.

Agreed. None of these tools are Idiot proof. Tazing a guy while riding a bike? Tazing anyone with heart related conditions sounds pretty bad to me.

They tried to say the same stuff after the guy died here. Our police department is now being investigated and the cop is going to prison.

They even tried to say he attacked the cops, which was proven to be completely false.
BRIDGEPORT -- City police have identified the man who died Sunday in police custody as 51-year-old Ronald Cristiano of Trumbull.

Cristiano was hit at least three times with a stun gun by Bridgeport police Sunday after a struggle with police and emergency medical personnel.

Cristiano was naked at the time and may have been under the influence of drugs, police said Sunday. He went into cardiac arrest at the scene and died a short time later.

Officers Victor Rodriguez and Minerva Feliciano were called to 98 Wilkins Ave. at 10:30 a.m. Sunday to help subdue the man, who police said later was acting erratically and resisting the efforts of the American Medical Response technicians to help him into the ambulance.

The agitated man tried to assault one of the medical technicians, police said. While trying to gain control of the subject, the police officers used their electronic control device at least three times to get the man into custody.

"Both Officers Rodriguez and Feliciano acted properly and in accordance with our policies regarding the use of electronic control devices to gain compliance from uncooperative and/or combative subjects," Chief Joseph L. Gaudett Jr. said. "They performed admirably and in a highly professional manner to gain control of a difficult situation."

Read more: Police ID man who died in custody - Connecticut Post

Agreed. None of these tools are Idiot proof. Tazing a guy while riding a bike? Tazing anyone with heart related conditions sounds pretty bad to me.

When was he zapped? On the bike or when he was resisting the EMT's? The story is too vague to make an accurate conclusion about what happened.

I think the last words of the guy here were, " all I wanted was a candy bar".

I am on my phone, so it is a bitch to post a link.
Google Otto zehm and Spokane Washington.

When was he zapped? On the bike or when he was resisting the EMT's? The story is too vague to make an accurate conclusion about what happened.

2 unrelated incidents you might be confusing.

I think here that the issue is that Stun Guns, like Roller Coasters weren't built for everyone. Too many with Heart related conditions.

Only wish someone had recorded this on video. Because i'm positive the Police report is going to be ridddled with fabrications. Probably accuse him of working for Al Qaeda.

I am on my phone, so it is a bitch to post a link.
Google Otto zehm and Spokane Washington.

Summary

Track the trial of Officer Karl F. Thompson

A jury convicted Spokane Police Officer Karl F. Thompson Jr. of needlessly beating Otto Zehm and then lying about it to cover up his actions. The verdict was delivered in federal court in Yakima on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011 – five years and seven months since Zehm’s life ended and questions of police accountability began.

Prosecutors are expected to seek a sentence of 6 to 8 years in prison for Thompson, who will remain free until a hearing can be scheduled.

The 2006 police confrontation that led to the death of Zehm, a Spokane man with schizophrenia, also spurred an unsettled civil lawsuit, and led to the creation of a police ombudsman position and changes to police protocol.

Thompson’s trial began Oct. 12, 2011, in Yakima. The venue was moved there over concerns about pretrial publicity in Spokane and how that may prejudice the juror pool.

On March 18, 2006, officers responded to a Zip Trip in north Spokane after two young women erroneously reported that a man had tried to rob them at a nearby automatic teller machine. At the convenience store, officers confronted Otto Zehm, 36, who was holding a pop bottle.

Otto Zehm - Topic page at Spokesman.com

Forum List

Back