Dirty Spending Secrets Washiington liberals don't want you to know:

The one about the Chinese prostitutes and their drinking habits was especially interesting. How long does it take you to earn that much money, let alone how many years of your federal taxes paid did that wipe out?

Did great on the quiz, five out of five. Good for me, LOUSY for the country.

Seems like a bunch of unsubstantiated bullshit like the $600 toilet seat and the shrimp on a treadmill experiments

Have to see the whole story to get the real facts

Seems like a bunch of unsubstantiated bullshit like the $600 toilet seat and the shrimp on a treadmill experiments

Shall we mark you down as one who is defending it?

Until you can provide better source material....Yes

I have seen too many....The Gubmint wastes our tax money stories that don't pan out once you see the facts

Last edited:

I can tell you the story on the $600 toilet seat, since I was involved in looking into it. The cost was justified and the answer was simple. The P-3 aircraft has a specially formed fiberglass cover for the honey bucket, and the original contractor, Lockheed, who built the aircraft, had lost the wooden forms necessary to make a cover. The bidder who got the contract was required to recreate those wooden forms for just the one cover ordered. Consequently, the cost of building the forms was included in the price.

This is why we need term limits to everyone in Congress.. Both sides are to blame for this out of control spending on stupid shit

I can tell you the story on the $600 toilet seat, since I was involved in looking into it. The cost was justified and the answer was simple. The P-3 aircraft has a specially formed fiberglass cover for the honey bucket, and the original contractor, Lockheed, who built the aircraft, had lost the wooden forms necessary to make a cover. The bidder who got the contract was required to recreate those wooden forms for just the one cover ordered. Consequently, the cost of building the forms was included in the price.

That is the story I heard

The right wing went off with "I can buy a toilet seat at Home Depot for $10 and the stupid gubmint spends $600"

Until you can provide better source material....Yes

I have seen too many....The Gubmint wastes our tax money stories that don't pan out once you see the facts

You're a complete hack, and will defend anything the democrats do.

{In November 2008, the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism of the National Institutes of Health awarded a 5-year, $2.6 million grant to Wayne State University in Detroit to allow Dr. Xiaoming Li, professor and director of the university's Prevention Research Center, to "establish and evaluate whether an alcohol and HIV intervention center can assist in reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS among sex workers in China," according to a university press release announcing the grant}

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...r-tea-party-nation-claims-us-government-has-/

Here's the skinny on the Chinese Prostitute thing verified by a reliable source. They did dispute the claim by some that this was part of the stimulus, but the federal government did absolutely fund the study.

In November 2008, the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism of the National Institutes of Health awarded a 5-year, $2.6 million grant to Wayne State University in Detroit to allow Dr. Xiaoming Li, professor and director of the university's Prevention Research Center, to "establish and evaluate whether an alcohol and HIV intervention center can assist in reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS among sex workers in China," according to a university press release announcing the grant.

According to the release, "The findings could have ramifications for at-risk populations throughout the world."

The research will take place specifically in Guangxi, China, where the sex trade is prevalent and the rate of HIV is ranked third among the country's provinces, the release states.
PolitiFact | Founder of Tea Party Nation claims U.S. government has spent $2.6 million to teach Chinese prostitutes how to drink responsibly

NIAAA is the lead agency in the United States for research on alcohol abuse, alcoholism, and other health effects of alcohol. As a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NIAAA is funded by the U.S. government. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

So have you earned 2.6 million dollars in your working life? Have you paid that much in taxes into the federal treasury? Are you happy with all your contributions going for this purpose while the President asks to spend even more to stimulate a flagging economy? Note that this grant was authorized during one of the worst economic crashes that this country has ever experienced. Should that not be a consideration? Do you have every confidence that we got our money's worth?

Last edited:

That is the story I heard

The right wing went off with "I can buy a toilet seat at Home Depot for $10 and the stupid gubmint spends $600"

Yes, a one-of-the-kind anything is going to be hugely more expensive than will something that is mass produced. The the more of anything that is sold, the less each unit will cost the buyer as evidenced by the steadily dropping prices for computers, television sets, smart phones, etc. etc. etc.

But honestly, don't you think private industry working for private buyers rather than the federal government would have designed a more standard toilet in the first place? And regardless, would have found a way to provide a toilet seat for even an unstandard toilet for well under $600? I have worked for organizations who worked both for government and private enterprise. The government paid considerably more than private enterprise. Such a situation is not right, of course, but everybody sells at the price the market will bear. And those in government simply aren't as interested in saving the taxpayer's money as they are careful with their own.

I read a story sometimes back about the U.S. Army looking into buying regular soda crackers that we all eat rather than the special government issued soda crackers. After determining there was no real difference between the two, they stopped having soda crackers made just for the Army and just bought regular soda crackers. Savings: $100,000. Makes you wonder how many other such savings there are if people were as careful with our money as we would be?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back