Directx issues--RCT3 won't run---HELP!!!

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I just got the new Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 game, and i am having problems installing it. When it gets to the DirectX9 install, it says "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP."I click ok then another error message pops up saying "Directx did not copy a required file." It does this every time.

So I go to the microsoft site and try to download the update from there instead. It gets about 3/4 the way, and it then says 'a cabinet file required could not be trusted".

Cryptographic services are on, so that's not the problem.

Can anyone help me?

fuzzykitten99 said:
I just got the new Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 game, and i am having problems installing it. When it gets to the DirectX9 install, it says "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP."I click ok then another error message pops up saying "Directx did not copy a required file." It does this every time.

So I go to the microsoft site and try to download the update from there instead. It gets about 3/4 the way, and it then says 'a cabinet file required could not be trusted".

Cryptographic services are on, so that's not the problem.

Can anyone help me?

I don't know if this will help you or not, but when I installed my sims2 game I had all of the requirements I needed to play the game, but I had an issue arise too with the directx9 I can't remeber exactly what the problem was, but I ended up needing to update my graphics card driver, once I did that I had no problems installing or playing the game.

thanks khafley...i appreciate your response anyway!

my brother-in-law actually figured out the problem. i had a virus in my laptop a while back, and in the process of cleaning it out along with spyware and adware, some files were damaged/corrupted. He went through and used a few os patches and fixed the problem.

Forum List

Back