Direction of country poll tell the story

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country
32%
AP has it @ 45% saying the right direction
approval of 61%
boy is that one out there by its self

They dont even try to hide it any more (A.P.)

I also noted that Obama was close to a toss up with generic GOP with some of the polls, it had NBC thrown on there to bail him out

Let me add that there was a 25%+- un decided
Not good for Obama, to have 47% tops said they would vote for him, one as low as 38%

Its all GWB fault, right libs

At RealClearPolitics.com they maintain an average of major polls which has:

Obama's approval at 51.7%

Congress approval at 21.2%

Country headed in right direction at 32.8%

I suspect in a month or so Obama's approval numbers will be back down in the mid-40s and the right dorection numbers even lower than now. Could be wrong though if the economy and jobs picture brightens.

At RealClearPolitics.com they maintain an average of major polls which has:

Obama's approval at 51.7%

Congress approval at 21.2%

Country headed in right direction at 32.8%

I suspect in a month or so Obama's approval numbers will be back down in the mid-40s and the right dorection numbers even lower than now. Could be wrong though if the economy and jobs picture brightens.

Obama needs also to stop with the massive spending and the blame Bush life he lives.
I also think that the 500 billion he double dipped with Medicare will come back to haunt him. There will be big money being spent on reminding people of that come 2012

Did you notice his re-election numbers?
I have always said it will never be about who runs against him
A generic GOP is low, but he is in the mid 40s
that means to me that he is down in the polls by 5-9 points

" I have always said it will never be about who runs against him "

I dunno about that, there might be a few GOP candidates that the independent voters just wouldn't like. The GOP doesn't need people to sit this one out cuz they don't like either person, they need a candidate that they and the independents can get behind. Trump, Palin, Bachman, I'm not sure they would be viable against Obama.

I dunno about that, there might be a few GOP candidates that the independent voters just wouldn't like. The GOP doesn't need people to sit this one out cuz they don't like either person, they need a candidate that they and the independents can get behind. Trump, Palin, Bachman, I'm not sure they would be viable against Obama.

I agree with that
I do not think that person has shown his/her face yet to be honest. I tell you ol Herman Caine is gaining ground
He also is a big supporter of overhauling the tax system completely

I agree with that
I do not think that person has shown his/her face yet to be honest. I tell you ol Herman Caine is gaining ground

Yeah, I like Cain too. Dunno if he's got the name recognition though. Really like what he's saying.

I agree with that

Yeah, I like Cain too. Dunno if he's got the name recognition though. Really like what he's saying.

I dunno either
anyway this thread sort of fell on its face

The Direction of the Country poll is one of the best polling indicators. The lower it is, the less likely the incumbent will be reelected.

I agree. The election is a long way off, but if that number is in the 30's come Nov 2012....Obama will have a very hard time winning.

I don't think it matters what the American people believe about the President. We're probably the most inconsistently fickle population on Earth. Gas prices go up, Obama is the Antichrist. Osama dies, Obama is the best president in US History.

We're incapable of electing good leaders.

32%
approval of 61%

I also noted that Obama was close to a toss up with generic GOP with some of the polls, it had NBC thrown on there to bail him out

Not good for Obama, to have 47% tops said they would vote for him, one as low as 38%

AP NBC CBS CNN ABC New York Times, take your pick. They stand in glass houses, the folks can see them for what they are. A bunch of OVER COMPANSATED INMATURE CRADLED ILLEDUCATED BRAINWASHED POMPAS USEFULL IDIOTS WHO CARE ONLY FOR THEMSELVES.

I don't think it matters what the American people believe about the President. We're probably the most inconsistently fickle population on Earth. Gas prices go up, Obama is the Antichrist. Osama dies, Obama is the best president in US History.

We're incapable of electing good leaders.

As a staunch conservative, I could not agree with you more on the need of fewer laws.

32%
approval of 61%

AP NBC CBS CNN ABC New York Times, take your pick. They stand in glass houses, the folks can see them for what they are. A bunch of OVER COMPANSATED INMATURE CRADLED ILLEDUCATED BRAINWASHED POMPAS USEFULL IDIOTS WHO CARE ONLY FOR THEMSELVES.

The Dems had a super majority for 2 years and waited until this week to bring the Oil companies in

Gee, last week polls were worthless and now suddenly polls that CON$ like are absolute! :cuckoo:

Gee, last week polls were worthless and now suddenly polls that CON$ like are absolute! :cuckoo:

No
the intent is to support just how out of wack the whole thing is
You have a direction stating this while A.P. says 60% of the people approve and at best 46% say they will re-elect him with 40% being the norm

He's a rich man's President...
:eusa_eh:
Gallup: Obama's Approval Hits All-Time Low Among Poor, Is Highest Among Rich
Thursday, June 30, 2011 - President Barack Obama’s approval has hit an all-time low among the poorest Americans, according to the Gallup poll. Meanwhile, when compared to the other income brackets reported by Gallup, Obama's approval is highest among the richest Americans.
In the week of June 20-26--the most recent week published by Gallup--only 45 percent of Americans in the lowest income bracket reported by the polling company (those earning less than $2,000 per month) said they approved of the job Obama was doing as president. Gallup publishes the president’s weekly approval numbers among Americans in four income brackets: those earning less than $2,000 per month, those earning between $2,000 and $4,999 per month, those earning between $5,000 and $7,499 and those earning more than $7,500. In Gallup's most recent survey, Obama had majority approval in none of these income brackets.

However, of the four, his approval was highest--47 percent--in the richest bracket, those earning more than $7,500 per month. His approval rating last was 42 percent among those earning $2,000 to $4,999 per month and 43 percent among those earning $5,000 to $7,499 per month. Prior to last week, when it hit an all-time low of 45 percent, Obama’s approval rating among the poorest bracket reported by Gallup had never dropped below 47 percent. It had hit that level twice: first in the week of Nov. 8-14, 2010; then again in the week of April 25-May 1.

In addition to being at an all-time low among the poorest Americans, Obama’s approval rating is also nearly at an all-time low among the next poorest group of Americans reported by Gallup, those who earn between $2,000 and $4,999 per month. The only time his approval among this group was lower than the 42 percent it was last week was in the week of Aug. 23-29, 2010, when it dropped to 41 percent.

According to Gallup, Obama’s highest approval rating among the poorest Americans came in the week of March 16-22, 2009, just two months after he was inaugurated and one month after he signed his $787-billion economic stimulus law. That week, his approval was 68 percent among Americans earning less than $2,000 per month. In March 2009, the unemployment rate in the United States was 8.6 percent. This month, it is 9.1 percent.

Source

See also:

Obama Caters to ‘Special Interest Groups that Live Off the Federal Government’
Thursday, June 30, 2011 – Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), the ranking member of the Senate Finance Committee, said President Barack Obama is catering to “special interest groups that live off the federal government” instead of doing his job.
“Now I’ve been on every balanced budget amendment since I’ve been here, and I’ve got to tell you, this is the first time, I recall, where we’ve had all Republicans on board,” said Hatch at a press conference on Capitol Hill on Wednesday. “Now, we know we’re going to get Democrats on board and the question is can we get 20? And I think we can.”

“But they’re going to have to stand up and face their voters at home and realize that they’re all going to be mad about it because they know that we’re not getting things under control the way things are going,” said Hatch. “And this President – look, I like him personally, there’s no personal animosity there -- but he’s just not doing the job. And frankly, there’s good reason because he’s got to satisfy a whole bunch of special interest groups that live off the federal government and, frankly, we’ve got to end that.”

Sen. Hatch is the lead sponsor of the proposed amendment to the Constitution that would require Congress to pass a balanced budget each fiscal year, meaning the amount of funds Congress appropriates would have to match the amount of revenue the government collects in revenue.

The current national debt is $14.3 trillion.

Source

Forum List

Back