Direct Democracy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RetiredGySgt, Oct 23, 2011.

?

Can the US Operate on a direct democracy?

  1. Yes

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

    100.0%
  1. RetiredGySgt
    Offline

    RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Messages:
    39,576
    Thanks Received:
    5,902
    Trophy Points:
    1,140
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    Who thinks this Country could run on a Direct Democracy?
     
  2. RetiredGySgt
    Offline

    RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Messages:
    39,576
    Thanks Received:
    5,902
    Trophy Points:
    1,140
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    Mob rule will not work. Direct Democracy is nothing more then mob rule. It has never worked on a large scale and won't work now.

    No one would have any rights or protections. Laws wouldn't work, Justice system would not work.

    Lets get some of you Liberals that support this to admit it on this poll. Or admit you are just claiming to support it cause you think those malcontents will vote D.
     
  3. RetiredGySgt
    Offline

    RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Messages:
    39,576
    Thanks Received:
    5,902
    Trophy Points:
    1,140
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    Thought so
     
  4. Full-Auto
    Offline

    Full-Auto Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2009
    Messages:
    13,555
    Thanks Received:
    1,614
    Trophy Points:
    153
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    We do have democrats pushing to remove our safeguards.
     
  5. C_Clayton_Jones
    Offline

    C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2011
    Messages:
    41,543
    Thanks Received:
    8,933
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Location:
    In a Republic, actually
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    lol - yes; without the rule of law we are lost as a Nation.
     
  6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM
    Offline

    PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    17,416
    Thanks Received:
    2,855
    Trophy Points:
    183
    Location:
    America's Home Town
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I vote no because of the simple fact that under a direct democracy minorities are not protected.


    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for dinner.................... -Franklin
     
  7. DiamondDave
    Offline

    DiamondDave Army Vet

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    Messages:
    18,169
    Thanks Received:
    2,812
    Trophy Points:
    183
    Location:
    MD, on the Potomac River
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Waiting for all the imbeciles who continually call for the elimination of the electoral college as a check/balance feature that ensures our branches of government are selected differently to ensure it is not just tyranny of the masses
     
  8. truthsaga
    Offline

    truthsaga Economic and BlowBack Ace

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    Messages:
    407
    Thanks Received:
    56
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Ratings:
    +56
    51% rule over the other 49%. Our Constitution is not perfect, but it is pretty good. Many problems we face would not be here if we followed the rule of law from the start.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. PLYMCO_PILGRIM
    Offline

    PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    17,416
    Thanks Received:
    2,855
    Trophy Points:
    183
    Location:
    America's Home Town
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Yup if the federal govt kept to the confines on its power which the constitution placed on it our Constitutional Republic would be a lot better off today and some of our "social problems" wouldn't be there.
     
  10. Care4all
    Offline

    Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Messages:
    32,797
    Thanks Received:
    6,625
    Trophy Points:
    1,170
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    it should stay a Democratic Republic.....

    though in a republic, it is a few, delegating decisions for all of us....and i am not really certain ''they'' deserve their jobs....or are up for the responsibility.
     

Share This Page