Dino: The Essential Dean Martin

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
i know it came out this summer.... but lo and behold i found it in an HMV store in Yokohama this past Sunday. It has to be the best collection of his music I've had the great pleasure to hear. Nearly all of Dino's hits seem to be here, in excellent sound quality and you can just feel the spirit of his music come alive as you lie back and enjoy. What a cd and it would probably make a really good Christmas gift for family members and friends. It even has a few hidden gems in it, songs like "Just In Time" and "Standing On The Corner". There is even a really insightful insert included that has detailed information on each song. :thup:

There's alot of people who don't like Dino but I've always tho't he had a easy voice to listen to. AND when he stood on stage with a glass in his hand....it contained apple juice. But once Jr. died....Dean became a shell of a man. But he still had a wonderful voice.

Dean Martin's television show was the best . I remember watching it as a kid, now it is offered on DVD. I have a video of one of his and Jerry Lewis's films called The Caddy , funny golf related movie . It is amazing to look back at those times and see how innocent they appear .
Dean could read names out of a phone book and be cooler than anyone else in the room .A true star.
Wasn't his son in the National Guard flying an F-4 Phantom when he hit a mountain in bad weather ? I guess that would be a good example of how it was not dangerous to be in the National Guard .
I was always amazed at how Kerry refused to return the compliment on his service to our country that President Bush gave him at each debate.That ommision was another slap in the face to everyone that served in the National Guard and Coast Guard .

Forum List

Back